1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What does your wife/SO think of your EDC pack?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ericb445, Jan 23, 2009.

1. DawnOfChaos

DawnOfChaos Empty Pockets

There have been a few times where I'm trying to put stuff on my belt and he calls me Batgirl. But usually he doesn't say anything. I did, however, feel the need to hide my new minichamp from him yesterday. I sooooo didn't need another small multitool. :)

2. DirtyJeep

DirtyJeep Empty Pockets

She loves to bust my chops over it <kiddingly> when I get new gear though... :brickwall:

Id give her my hand me downs but she wouldnt ever use it anyways, she carrys enough of her personal gear. laptop, baby bag< when I am MIA> , purse etc. she does think my bug out bag is paranoia though maybe its because I keep saying its for
    world war Z. :lolhammer:

3. Cochiez

Cochiez Empty Pockets

Yup - my lady gives me a hard time too. Still, she always says she feels good knowing that I can take care of her WSHTF. Besides, we both have our toys, it's just that mine are more practical. :roof:

4. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

My wife thinks its silly ... When I told her I wanted a Versipack she laughed at me .. I didnt think that was very nice .. But I dont care .. Im thinking getting one as a birthday present to myself since my birthday is next week ..

I cant help it I am a geek .. LOL
    :matrix:

5. jimboinwv

jimboinwv Loaded Pockets

My SO thought I was silly, lugging my Willis & Geiger backpack to Mexico on a trip she won @ work. Until it rained and I had an umbrella, until she got a blister and I had moleskin, until she forgot her sunscreen and I had enough for the day at the beach, until I had plenty of room for the towels, and shades, and sandals... What really won her over was my ability to carry all her things she bought shopping. :hug:

6. np3ba

np3ba Loaded Pockets

She thinks I am crazy! But she bought me a new BOB as a gift so I think I'm doing OK.

7. tony413

tony413 Empty Pockets

my girlfriend bust my chops about having 3 different BOB's

1. 5 day survival
    2. completely tactical
    3. EDC/ class 2 first aid

she says that its un-needed but im slowly getting her into the habbit of keeping one in her car.

8. fallow

fallow Loaded Pockets

yep, I get some grief, but she's got about 6 handbags so it kinda evens out. She's worried about the amount of sharps I've got, but I'm taking steps to get better and smaller sharps so she doesn't worry. The bag is never an issue, it's more the contents she's worried about. Having a gerber multitool, a small multitool and a sharp on me she thinks is overkill. She thinks the torch is great and loves my bag because I can always carry her stuff as well. Any of my clothing isn't a major issue either, but she thinks I wear too many drab colours. Anything camouflage besides my old shorts she thinks is uncool, so I don't buy anything camo, coyote tan seems to be the colour she likes the most out of all my EDC stuff. She knows I love gadgets, and I'm a handy guy that can fixe most problems, so she sort of understands, which is good. Yet to get any EDC as presents though, although I have been promised an Omega PO if we get married and thats a pretty awesome EDC.

9. ecfiffer

ecfiffer Empty Pockets

yeah my wife gives me slack... a lot of it but you know what she also knows that it has come in handy a lot and the things i carry with me have helpped her... she thinks my man purse is handy

10. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

Only 6! You have to tell me how it is your wife only has 6 handbags. My wife has so many that we had to buy a LARGE Rubbermaid container for all her purses. It sits right on top of the container with all her shoes.

11. alex fekete

alex fekete Loaded Pockets

Mine used to make fun of me, but I married a tomboy who does not carry a purse so lately she actually relies on me to have everyday necessities that she always seems to need. I use mine as a diaper bag and support for 3 young kids when I'm not at work and as a lunch pack when I am.

12. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I hear it all the time but it has started to even out. Many time a situation will happen and I will have the right item on me to deal with it. She still does the sarcastic rolling of the eyes.

13. fallow

fallow Loaded Pockets

luckily she has really expensive taste but not always the funds, and she doesn't do fakes/ripoffs. So it tends to limit her. :highfive:

14. Vader

Vader Empty Pockets

My fiance, might as well be my wife, usually makes fun of my man bag, murse, BOB, tactical bag, whatever I call it she gives me grief, that is until two days ago when she had a job interview. She ripped off a button on her blouse in a very embarrassing place. Well Mr. Prepared here had a small portable sewing kit and guess what, she got her button fixed, did well on her interview, got the job and said I could order a custom bag and she was buying, hahahaha. It pays to be prepared.

15. mattrix

mattrix Empty Pockets

She gives me grief until I pull out something she or one of the kids needs.

16. gatorfan

gatorfan Loaded Pockets

I typically get the eye roll when a bag arrives or I bring one home, but when the family needs something I am expected to supply the solution. Sometimes I feel like Felix the Cat with his Bag of Tricks.

17. hannism

hannism Loaded Pockets

Hehe, well, my wife just took my 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 with her overseas.

She had a Nautica backpack that wasn't big enough to hold all her stuff. She eyed my bag, and put all her contents in it, and said, "wow, this is really a good bag."

Well, she's using my bag until she comes back. I doubt she'll give me a hard time anymore. :roof:

18. edcKat909

edcKat909 Empty Pockets

At first my wife did the same as most women but she has been comming around and really it's at those times when things do go wrong lol.Im trying to get her interested in edc and all the possiblities that it can be very useful when situations arise. I will give her props for really understanding its usefullness in it and alot of it comes from all of you guys here so THANKS!!!!! :D :highfive:  good luck

19. deusexaethera

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

Back when I last had a significant other, she asked me exactly twice why I carry tools and flashlights and stuff with me. (Not in a bag; I'm more of a pocket guy) Both times I responded "let's see all the crap you've got in that purse of yours", and that was the end of the conversation.

20. balldboy

balldboy Loaded Pockets

Wifey's dadhas dimensia, is in a wheelchair and wears ostomy bags.
    We built an aid bag for his 24/7 home care professional.

Good to have a tub filled with bags that were not what I "needed" at the time.

I'm still EDCing a mid size LL Bean waist pack but I've gone to a more medical load-out to take care of F-inlaw.

JRyan's Mini-Santuko is now the supreme EDC fixed blade, it takes up Zero room, it and a Wilson Cop tool are packed flat at the back of the pack.

Pete