1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What does Sherlock Holmes EDC?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by muskrat72, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Revi138

Revi138 Loaded Pockets

Agreed, but the difference here - and what Holywood never seems to get - is panache, class, and beating the snot out of people with a stiff upper lip :)

2. tinyblob

tinyblob Loaded Pockets

I know, i wasn't being entirely serious ;D, the movie is clearly made for todays movie-goers, with no real thought about those that enjoy Sherlock Holmes.

I did a bit of combat work for the upcoming Ridley Scott movie, there were a lot of crew who had just finished the Sherlock Holmes movie - general feeling about it was good. So i'm reserving judgement for the time being.

3. langsmiff

langsmiff Empty Pockets

+1 Guess they figure that audiences wouldn't sit through a "thinking" movie so they doll it up. Yikes

4. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

I guess it could be worse; they could have had Quentin Tarratino involved!

He'd have had Holmes dueling it out with Proffesor Moriority with samuri swords in Hyde Park.

No wonder I like to watcholld Bogy, James Stewart, and Hank Fonda movies. :shrug:

5. Krustofski

Krustofski Loaded Pockets

No, wait, that'd actually be awesome! Atleast in Tarrantino movies, the violence is entertaining.

6. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

I think it looks good.

and you have to remember, in the books holmes was a narcotics taking eccentric, who certainly could handle himself in a fight (I believe he practiced baritsu, a victorican martial art based on jujitsu and judo, along with some of the european arts that where around at the time such as boxing, french savate, and a swiss form of stick fighting) not the somewhat somber man with a pipe that some later versions have him as.

7. Trickster

Trickster Loaded Pockets

But way too abundant in his newer movies. I pretty much stopped watching them after Kill Bill. I always liked the strange humor and weird dialogues of Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown, but I missed that in his other works.