1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you wear round your neck??

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Pwallwin, Jul 31, 2006.

1. loveit

loveit Uber Prepared

Nice knife, hatchetjack! I really like the design of that one!

O0

2. Pwallwin

Pwallwin Loaded Pockets

:bump: :popcorn:

3. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I wear a gold chain, with a Peter Atwood Wee Wedgie.

4. knightrider

knightrider Empty Pockets

Have been wearing a ball chain with para-cord outer around it with an Arc AAA on it. I attach it with a nano clip. Works great around the house. It's very light and puts out a nice flood that works indoors really well. Just started doing this a couple days ago and it is handy.

5. tarrigoni

tarrigoni Empty Pockets

Right now I'm carrying an Emerson LaGriffe around my neck. I like it but I think I'm going to convert it to IWB.

The swinging all over the place starts to bug me.

6. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

Soon to be alternated with an Atwood Scout : )

7. Starcruiser1229

Starcruiser1229 Loaded Pockets

I wear an Atwood Son of Prything, and an Arc AAA-P on a paracord lanyard. The sheath for the SOP is cord-wrapped in paracord to help cut down on noise. It is a little big, but now that I am getting used to it, I really like having it there.

[​IMG]

Patrick

8. Emanuel

Emanuel Loaded Pockets

I live in New Zealand and I've been wearing the same hand carved Maori bone pendant for the past ten years. It was given to me by someone I knew.

It's of a Hei Matau(fish-hook--represents strength, authority and good luck on the seas) and a Manaia which is sort of a bird/human creature which represents a spiritual guardian/protector.

Here it is:

Attached Files:

9. DonShock

DonShock Loaded Pockets

SS ball chain necklace sheathed in paracord supporting a Cold Steel MiniPal knife, a SS pill fob with emergency cash, and ModaMag's Draco light. I'm happy with everything but the knife, I wish I could find something a little smaller and less "tactical". Although anybody with common sence should know the MiniPal is too small to be practical if used as a pushknife in an offensive capacity, it is still that style and I would rather not give an overzealous LEO an exuse if I am ever searched. It's used as a boxcutter 90% of the time anyway, but appearances can be misleading.

10. tet6t8

tet6t8 Empty Pockets

24/7 a HAK(regular model) and a red and a white inova micro light on a USMC issue dog tag chain . The knife comes in handy most every day for small task and the lights are great for those times you need a light to find something you dropped in a dark place or the night time trips to the outhouse.

11. mcgrubbs

mcgrubbs Empty Pockets

Atwood Mini SOPT.

Might try wearing a standard SOPT or Micro Bug Out Blade, when I get one. ;D

Tried to wear a Utili-HAK twice. Each time the sheath got too loose and would let the HAK fall out....NOT GOOD!

12. DaleW

DaleW Empty Pockets

The paracord cover is a great idea.

I'm not a fan of putting anything around my neck but fresh air and sunshire. I hate neckties with a mad passion. I have made up some survival rigs that can be kneck-worn and I've been careful to make some sort of break-away so I don't garrote myself. I have used beaded chain and run it through silicone aquarium tubing. I have also used paracord, but I made a small beaded chain loop and made eyes in each end of the paracord to run the chain through, with the idea that the chain will break if I get caught on something--- or someone. I have also run the paracord through a 3/4" length of the silicone tubing and mlted the ends so they were too large ot pass back through the tubing freely. The idea with that design is that the tubing will stretch or break.

What I prefer to do is to take a paracord or braided line lanyard loaded with my survival items, run it around my belt in a lark's head, and drop the goodies in my pants pocket. If I fall or get a dunking, the stuff will stay with me, but it won't be tangled around my neck and I won't have it clanging and chafing me the rest of the time.

Things I like to put on a lanyard like this (not all at the same time):

Becker Necker knife
    whistle
    firesteel
    LED micro light
    knife sharpener
    Victorinox Classic knife
    Victorinox Camper knife
    Leatherman Micra
    Sivla keychain compass
    Spy capsule with Tinder Quik

13. LordOfWar

LordOfWar Empty Pockets

I don't wear anything around my neck.

14. bobbomatic1

bobbomatic1 Empty Pockets

I have joined the club of people who wear things around thier necks today. I recieved my Buck Hartsook Neck Knife from New Graham today and boy oh boy is it a nice knife for the size. I was worried about the sheath from what other people had said but my sheath holds the knife quite well, it doesn't slide around and even when flicked hard the knife won't come out.
    It hangs from my neck by an extra shoelace I cut to size.

15. Per Arne

Per Arne Loaded Pockets

24/7: 14k Gold Chain with 14k medical ID tag and H-D 100th anniversary charm w/ diamond.

At the moment on paracord 1 with a pewter skull:
    - Photon Red CR2-Ion with Bite-a-Lite

At the moment on paracord 2 with a pewter skull:
    - Black JimiWallet
    - Fisher Chrome Neck personalized Bullet Pen
    - Marbles brass pocket compass
    - JETBeam Jet-1 MK II AA LED light

PA

16. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

Like a couple of others here, I wear my dogtags (for their original purpose) when I travel or am in backcountry. This thread has given me some ideas for the future, however. Thanks!

17. knightrider

Just got an SS Exolion in a trade. Now I have the same ball chain with para-cord outer with the Exolion on it. This is a breakthrough edc idea for me. Now I can have even more space for other things in my pockets. This and the in the waistband clipped knife carry have been big things to me and my edc. I'm having a blast with these new carry techniques lately!

18. Virgo

Virgo Empty Pockets

Congrats on the Exolion; I love those lights! I have a SS model that I use the heck out of, and have the Ti Exolion 001/100 in my safe ;D
    I recently carried an Arc AAA-P around my neck on a ss ball chain, but switched when the Ti necklace I purchased from DH came in. Thanks again DH!
    Here's a pic. I'm looking for a couple of really small Ti rings (not split) to slide over the chain for attachment points for the AAA and possibly one of Peter's Tac Whistles.
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l182/VirgoCPF/DSC00423.jpg[/img]

19. knightrider

Nice Ti chain!

20. Virgo

Virgo Empty Pockets

Thanks! I've wanted one for awhile, and am really enjoying this one :).