1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you want for Christmas?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by J4C3, Nov 15, 2009.

1. shwa

shwa Loaded Pockets

Re: Was Santa good to you?What do you expect for Xmas and what did you get?

Well it seems that I'm only fat bearded person in my family,everybody expect me to be a Santa :-X .Friends even booked me to play one for the kids,So far I got an old industrial Brother sewing machine,some tools for my lathe,hope to got me radial cutting holder.waiting for 6pl torch to arrive and in negotiation for fat boy.Quitting smokes was good Idea saved me a lot of money to spend on toys...

2. neill91_maui

neill91_maui Empty Pockets

my mom might get me a RAT cutlery knife

3. zuixro

zuixro Loaded Pockets

Money mostly. The real question is what will I buy myself with that money....

Probably an AAA Maratac Flashlight. Probably a new folder (I've got my eye on the Leatherman e33L right now). Definitely getting a new Zippo to replace the one I lost... (not EDC related, but I could use a hard driver for my 360)

4. wortgames

wortgames Empty Pockets

I reckon I'm pretty difficult to buy for - generally if I want it, I'll have researched exactly what model I want and I've either already bought it or it's too expensive right now. But people always ask...

This year I've just suggested good quality clamps - woodworking or metalworking, large or small. Whatever you want to spend, just spend it on quality clampage. You can never have too many clamps, and most of mine are junk.

What's your answer when people want to know what you want?

5. bigkahuna

bigkahuna Loaded Pockets

Angelina Jolie :evilgrin:

6. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

A new automobile.

7. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Similar topics stuffed in the same stocking, yo ho ho! :baa:

I haven't made any particular requests, so I'll probably get tea and chocolate like usual, and that's fine with me. I have too much stuff already, so I'd rather just spend time with my family.

8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Don't laugh at this. My room mate Kaitlynn asked what I wanted. I told her all I wanted was to spend a day with my Dogs. I have only seen them three times since getting back to Oklahoma. The other is to see the forum move into another year.

9. Spydermonkey

Spydermonkey Loaded Pockets

My two front teeth
    [​IMG]

10. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

There really isn't a whole lot that I need, and the stuff I want isn't necessary but sure would be nice to have; more RAM for my computer, a new macro lens for my camera, and most importantly to have electricity back out in my garage again.

11. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Well... primarily I'd like a job for Christmas.

I WANT a few things but nobody I know would even know how to get them.

I want a Quark AA with an accessory 123 body with no clip. Easy for me to order except CAN'T!
    Also would like a Benchmade Mini Grip with thumb stud and drop point blade. Again I could order one except BROKE.

If I get anything I expect it will be socks or a nice shirt.

12. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

All I want is to be debt free..... only $58,000 to go....hopefully the economy won't be used as a bludgeon on the populace to push radical policies to much longer...

13. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

I LIKE that gift! Get me one of those too!

14. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

Here here; I'm only now having to start borrowing money for college, but it still doesn't make me happy; I'd much rather be Financially Independent, however, on the same token, I understand the importance of this debt for an eventual better prospect for my future... doesn't mean I like the short-term debt, however.

15. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

Crkt m16-14sf, Leatherman Juice Xe6, Countycomm stocking stuffers of amazingness, and from the wonderful girlfriend a Squirt P4 :)

Btw, one of the best early xmas presents from her was telling me that she definetly wouldn't mind getting EDC stuff in the future :) Boys i think i've found a keeper :) haha

16. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

When I went to college back in the late '60s to early '70s, I went to a city university college and except
    for some fees it was FREE. Plus I had a scholarship or two which provided a little.

I believe everyone should be entitled to a FREE university education, without loading graduating students
    up with debt.

It would be better for the students, better for the economy, and the right thing to do.

17. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

I don't disagree, however the amount taxes would have to increase would probably cause an outroar, itself. :/ But yeah, having graduating seniors (scholarships aside) stepping away with their degree and sometimes $20,000+ in debt is insane. :/

18. dlcrouch

dlcrouch Loaded Pockets

PS3 - 0ne box to replace HD DVD player, Roku Internet Music Player, Roku Netflix Player.

19. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

Public school is free, and we all see the raging success that is...
    Nope, I wish to change my Christmas request.. I wish the US was able to get out of the debt. Did you know if you took every penny from every one of the Fortune 500 companies, all 500, you took every penny of the Fortune 500, the wealthiest companies on the planet, take every penny of their profit for a year, it wouldn't cover 1/10th of this disaster, let alone a drop in the bucket on the national debt. Every penny of the Fortune 500. It would take you 145 years to pay off the $12 trillion that we now owe.
    Maybe we should go to mars and look for gold...

20. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Found out second hand that the job SUPPOSED to start Jan 4 has been pushed back to mid Jan.

Sent emails to that and the driving job earlier today. No answers as of yet.

All I really want for Christmas is a JOB!