1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you use your Sharpies for?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by TV09, Nov 8, 2011.

1. eahm

eahm Loaded Pockets

I use a Twin Tip Black to write on CDs/DVDs.

2. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

I get it. I was responding to the guy above me, who seemed to be giving the OP some :censored: for asking the question.

3. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Loaded Pockets

I keep a mini-sharpie attached to my ID badge at work. Mainly for writing on 2" or 3" tape on my leg during bad calls, or to label bags of fluid that have a med in them.

4. Soappeddler

Soappeddler Loaded Pockets

You missed another one besides the one about keys. My post had nothing to do with writing.

If you are going to criticize someone's post at least try be accurate.

5. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Your kidding me, Right ?

BE WELL .. GH

6. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I handel the Grocery order at my hotel and I use my sharpie to date item's.

7. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

If you dont like the topic you dont have to read it. Seriously nothing wrong with these types of threads. They are a nice change from the specific gear threads. I really enjoy how/why threads, but get bored of 'what' threads. Comments like that stifle good coversations and discourage new topics

8. Tx_Mark

Tx_Mark Loaded Pockets

+1 x1000

9. jnsn

jnsn Loaded Pockets

not how i use mine, but pretty cool way to use a sharpie...

[​IMG]

10. Faynard

Faynard Loaded Pockets

I also work in a kitchen environment (hotel bar) and use it to label foodstuffs. Little containers of lemon or lime slices and other assorted garnishes or perishables. I really only ever find a use for it at work. I'll have to get myself a silver one though, I've had times where it would have been more visible than the black.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

11. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

I used to have a silver Sharpie, I managed to lose it. Now, I carry a yellow paint marker that I got from work.

12. TJ716

TJ716 Loaded Pockets

I'm almost positive it was a stock Sharpie that my dermatologist used to draw lines on my face for were she was gonna make incisions to remove Basal Cell Carcinoma.

13. b0wz3r

b0wz3r Empty Pockets

I use a silver one more than any other color actually. I bike a lot and I keep on in my tool kit to mark punctures on inner tubes when I get a flat. I always carry both a spare tube and a patch kit, but it's usually easier to just swap out the tube than to try and do a patch job on the side of the road. So I use the silver sharpie to mark the spot in the tube where the hole is to make it easier to patch after I get home.

I also use it to identify different flashlight heads that I have that are all from the same manufacturer but require different input voltages so I can keep track of what battery combinations to use with each one, so I don't inadvertently blow out a .9 - 4.2 volt head with a couple of RCR 14500's or the like.

14. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

Yup, they do that.

I recently picked up a silver Sharpie to mark cordless tool batteries with. Should be easier to keep track of which one has been most recently charged and so forth.

Am I just lucky or do they not put pocket clips on the silvers? I somehow managed not to lose it but it found it's way to the floor multiple times before I put it in the EDbag.

15. HybridMomentsPass

exactly
    same for cds etc, some things just dont work well with pens.
    some people just dont think before they speak.....

16. indigo

indigo Loaded Pockets

I use sharpies as a resist when I etch copper. Works like a charm. I also use it to mark metals for cutting, sawing patterns or at bend points. It is also good for labeling freezer tape or general labels. I carry a stainless steel sharpie in my pen case with me and have several stashed in my jeweler's bench or in my kitchen. I tend to use my fisher space pen for general writing, but the sharpie has specialized uses that makes it worth carrying one with me on a regular basis.

17. Omning

Omning Loaded Pockets

Most common use is to mark my left overs in the office fridge.

18. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

apart from labelling everything from CD/DVDs to outdoors gear and clothing, I also use it to mark parts of things I'm taking apart (eg car parts). sometimes it's alighnment marks so that everything fits back together, or labels of what each part or group of parts are.

supposedly you can also use them to re-black small areas of car trim and simmilar. haven't tried it myself, but I'm keeping it in mind.

when it comes to the keys idea, I've seen simmilar things done with coulored nail-varnish, especially handy for all-metal keys, where silver might not show up as easily.

19. Omning

Omning Loaded Pockets

I've used it for something similar, blacking out parts of a pair of sneakers that had white showing through on some seams.

20. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

For years I've been using Sharpies to touch up small scuffs on leather. Faster and longer lasting than boot polish. Can't beat them for labeling CDs and a jillion other uses.

I miss the double ended ones. Do they still make them or am I just not shopping at the right places?