1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you really carry???

Discussion in 'Knives' started by jackknife, Sep 8, 2017.

1. eugenechia1989

eugenechia1989 Loaded Pockets

My primary EDC knife is a Cold Steel Code 4. It's my best folder, but it's a production folder, and it's not so expensive that I don't dare to carry it and actually use it.

[​IMG]20171012_143608 by Eugene Chia, on Flickr

Just for yesterday and today, I substituted it with my Real Steel T101 Thor. It is even more of an overbuilt monster than the Code 4. But it's on bearings and the Sandvik 14C28N steel won't come close to the CTS-XHP on the Cold Steel, hence I carry the Code 4 more. Faster-than-an-automatic deployment on the Thor will also be a bit too much for use in public spaces.

[​IMG]20170717_095859 by Eugene Chia, on Flickr

Last edited by eugenechia1989, Dec 1, 2017
    #81 eugenechia1989, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  2. addylo

addylo Loaded Pockets

I usually have either the large Seb or small Inkosi in my RHP, and the Mnandi (protected by a pocketslip) in my LHP. Occasionally I'll substitute a GEC Barlow or Cody Scout for the Mnandi.

[​IMG]

Dirty Rod likes this.
  3. Inspectorofgadgets

Inspectorofgadgets Empty Pockets

[​IMG] I use this most days. When I did contracting full time it was all day every day, now it hangs out in the garage and goes on fishing trips. The funny looking blade screw is from a car battery short lol! Talk about a surprise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KuduCuckoo, Moose, Daveho and 3 others like this.
  4. JUGRNOT

JUGRNOT Loaded Pockets

Benchmade contego

EZDog and Hangman like this.
  5. twinboysdad

twinboysdad Loaded Pockets

LOL, M-F work week is the Spyderco Dragonfly in HAP 40. Weekend is Delica FFG or Manix 2 in M4

6. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

On me, I usually carry dinky blades, currently a Manbug and a Vic Executive. Flashlight is a Fenix E01, phone is a Galaxy S7, a 1921 Morgan dollar in my wallet, and a blue bandana.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]

KuduCuckoo and Johnnyk like this.
  8. pjm106262

pjm106262 Loaded Pockets

benchmade mini grip, manix 2 lw, or delica 4 ffg

9. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

I’m not a sebenza 21 fanboy, but the plain, small, 21 is so :censored: nice. It’s light, sharp, clean, and simple. Great carry option.

10. Jessie Carter

Jessie Carter Loaded Pockets

I lose and gain more weight in a day than the 0456 weighs, so I don't find it that heavy. That said, it is a cargo/jean carry knife for me. I don't carry it when I wear dress pants or slacks, I have lightweight knives for that purpose.

11. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

The knife I carry most is the Manly Peak. It´s inexpensive, good steel and with a long blade. And it´s legal to carry in Germany because it´s two hand opening.

[​IMG]

Additional a Vic Pioneer.

[​IMG]

Often I switch to the Spyderco UKPK because it´s so lightweight, one hand opening and legal to carry also (no lock).
    And when I don´t care if it´s legal or not I choose the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 :)

12. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Loaded Pockets

I think the reason you see lots of pretty unused knives are we tend to post when new to show off our stuff, we generally take photos without good light on our phones, knives don't tend to show wear as much.

The first picture is the blade if my Sebenza it wasn't taken to show wear but you can see a bit, this was taken after I'd chipped the blade prying some staples.

The second is me trying to show wear but the reality is that I simply don't notice the wear and when I do it's difficult to capture with my phone.

The GEC on the other hand shows it's wear proudly.

I've got entirely to much money wrapped up in that knife not to use it if I wasn't going to that money would be put to use elsewhere.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Johnnyk likes this.
  13. Calvin0807

Calvin0807 Empty Pockets

For me ,smaller is better!
    [​IMG]

Moshe ben David and dischu like this.
  14. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

Something my father taught me long ago was dont buy something if you dont intend to use it.
    Recently it came up again as we were looking at some shotguns in his safe. He pulled out one, and I cant recall the model at the moment, maybe STS or something?, and he said something about it being a "real nice gun...which means shoot the s__t out of it, use it"

Me, if I post it here or elsewhere its because Im really carrying it and using it.
    I dont see the point in spending hundreds on a knife that just sits in a safe/case etc.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  15. DDDWho

DDDWho Loaded Pockets

I bought this yesterday at Wally for $10. Its always sharp with changeable blade. I usually carry a smaller utility knife but this one looks so damned good.

[​IMG]

16. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Depending on the life situation and the job, not everyone can. But I was never shy to throw whatever little comes at my gear/knife.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener.

17. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

Oh, absolutely will a job or certain situations limit what you can carry.
    I am a school teacher - the blades get left in the car or at home.
    I carry a small Style PS into work and it works well for small tasks around the classroom/helping kids fix bags etc

And I know that there are some places (ie: Boston/NYC) where you arent allowed to carry certain knives.

But if you dont live in those areas, and you can, at times, carry the blade - then carry the dang blade.
    Im not going to buy some crazy 500$ knife if its illegal to carry in my area.

And when I buy gear, which is less often these days due to being happy/content with what I have, I make sure its quality and will hold up to whatever I might face.

For a while I was hesitant to carry my auto Benchmade, it cost me a pretty penny (about 150?, twice as much as 90% of the Leatherman tools I carry), but then I realized that was just dumb. Carry it. Use the hell out of it. Its what it was built for.

All that said, I still see some expensive knives that SHOULDNT be used - antiques/war collections/relics

But that is just me, just my opinion.

Johnnyk, Moshe ben David and huntnow like this.
  18. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

I believe it is the Berb Blades Bottle Butcher. They are around $40 or $50 on his website.

19. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    This guy spent some time on the hones and strops yesterday.

Gravy likes this.
  20. tlrmade

tlrmade Empty Pockets

Coye Knives Whiskey ii

Just used it yesterday to cut holes in a clients ceiling to let water drain after a pipe busted. Also used it to dig about a foot in the ground to get to the water shut off valve in the front yard.
    (This pic is from a few months ago)

Just picked up a ZT0350 to add into the rotation for a little lighter carry.

[​IMG]

Johnnyk and Glock1097 like this.