1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you really carry???

Discussion in 'Knives' started by jackknife, Sep 8, 2017.

1. McNasty

McNasty Loaded Pockets

Is a watch, wallet and wedding ring really EDC?

2. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Yep. We have a whole sub-forum devoted to watches. There are many threads about wallets. When Jon created this site, it was to cover pretty much everything you might carry, from purses and combs up to flashlights and handguns.

Allgrave and Gary Gross like this.
  3. Butch007

Butch007 Loaded Pockets

Carried a Cold Steel Ti-Lite for many years. Went through 2 models - first one was the plastic handled, second was the aluminum handled. Been carrying a Spiderco Karahawk for about 3 months now. Very happy with it!

4. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

Yeah, that's because both of those are utility monsters. That makes a formidable twosome. Still, I feel a bit naked without pliers or scissors.

5. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

I *do* have a few safe queens, but a lot of the stuff I carry has surprisingly little wear on it. Partly because some items just wear really well (my Leatherman Kick still looks almost new despite almost 8 years of carry!), and partly because some
    Items get lost, retired, or swapped through rotations that spread out the wear and tear.

On the other hand, I do have a few tools that have a nearly catastrophic level of wear. I have a cordless Ryobi hammer drill that refuses to die. I'd like to replace it with a newer one but I have a morbid curiosity about how much abuse it can still take. But believe me, it looks like hell!

Tallboyjim likes this.
  6. menace2sobriety

menace2sobriety Loaded Pockets

Been carrying this one for a long time[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melders, FA Tre and Tallboyjim like this.
  7. Shuutr

Shuutr Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I carry all my knives. But I rotate them so they show very little wear. This was my most recent pocket dump.

Melders and Tallboyjim like this.
  8. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

Again I am back to having too many knives (oooo I know it's taboo to say it on here but it's true). Anyway, my primary EDC's are as such:
    always always always well at least when I am at work (out of work it's on and off) I have a LM Charge in my right pocket. I actually own two of the same year/model. Why? Basically I thought I lost one, was very upset about it, ordered a second and had that one engraved, then 3 days later I found the lost one. Figures! So safe to say I am willing to sell one of the 2 if anyone is interested (yes the one NOT engraved). Also, since I have two I keep one of the LMC's and a ver3 Milwaukee box cutter in a Maxpedition pouch that I keep in a small plastic container with all the other crap I always keep in ,my car. Comes in handy when I forget to grab my standard engraved EDC in the morning for work; with what I do a LM comes in handy.

On the left side for years it's been a SAK Trekker and the reason that specific model is: locks, OH, and most importantly the way it's designed optimal for lefties. But just recently I decided to start using my Benchmade Barrage that I had for many years and really only used it for a food a handful of times, and the rest as a letter opener. Figured I spent so much on it and the only reason I bought it was I had a bug up my rear to get one so I did. But never really used it and sucks for food being that I usually just use it to cut oranges when I am not at home to use a standard kitchen knife and the juices causes issues with the assisted opening feature which is the main reason why I am no longer a fan of assisted-openers. So as I was saying, on my left that I have that which I rotate with my newly purchased Spyderco Delica 4 camo; IMHO those are much smarter design especially for EDC than any assisted openers. Also, IMHO that whole zip tie mod is ridiculous. If you are really carrying for protection get a fixed blade and proper training otherwise just admit you are carrying it as a tool and don't be a tool saying otherwise.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************
    There is something I always said to people that complain about scratches on their car: if you don't want scratches put it in the garage, cover it,, and NEVER drive it. Same goes with the knife and everything else.

Not sure if it's because I am a NCIS fan or it's because they really cool looking or both, but that would so be my EDC if it weren't for the lock. I am a lefty, which is why my SAK Trekker was one of my primary EDC's. I would own just this, well this and my LM Charge. Nice you can move the clip, but the lock still isn't an optional location for southpaws. Also, I no longer a fan of assisted openers and love the open hole method (SAK & Spyderco). So that too would be a reason not to get this. But that aside, it's a very cool knife and much like how I LOVE the sound that a Berretta 92FS makes when you press/release the slide lock, I also love the sound that comes from this knife when opened.

9. rat-7

rat-7 Loaded Pockets

A little overkill today...... right front pocket Victorinox Cadet and a Spyderco Para2, left pocket a Spyderco Matriarch, and a Swiss Champ in a belt sheath.

10. mdnitedrftr

mdnitedrftr Loaded Pockets

5 days a week I carry my Milwaukee Fastback compact utility knife. Cost me $8, I beat the crap out of it, has replaceable blades.

I save the nicer stuff for the weekends.

speedy likes this.
  11. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

For about 3-4 years now, I never leave home without my Ti Maxmadco. Been rotating 3 knives: small Seb21, Peña slip, and graham stubby.

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]

13. Todd21969

Todd21969 Loaded Pockets

My 3 year old Military. Even if I carry another knife this one is also with me.

[​IMG]

14. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

I really carry the ones I post pics of :unsure:

Hagbard81 likes this.
  15. Keyman

Keyman Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Melders, Lightnig and EZDog like this.
  16. Lightnig

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

This is my most carried knife

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Melders and Johnnyk like this.
  17. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

#37 Lellobeetle, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Moshe ben David likes this.
  18. c_nieporte

c_nieporte Loaded Pockets

This or something similar.[​IMG]

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

19. Lightnig

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

My every day (literally) front pocket carry.

[​IMG]

Love this knife, I can't think of a way to improve it...

Melders and Johnnyk like this.
  20. dan.05

dan.05 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] my edc - a p3 LED Lenser. But today I didn't need it. So this is my pocket dump today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Melders and Moshe ben David like this.