1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you NOT carry, and why?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Stutz, Jan 27, 2015.

?

What items do you NOT carry?

1. blade

6.7%
  2. MT or SAK

17.8%
  3. light

6.1%
  4. watch

19.9%
  5. pen and/or notepad

13.8%
  6. fire source

43.1%
  7. keychain accessories

24.9%
  8. one of the basics: phone, keys, wallet

3.7%
  9. pry bar or Atwood-style tool

64.3%
  10. other

15.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I've ditched the pry bar. Used it once last year, not used it since.

Brtsmpsn, Gilatabar and Tristar777 like this.
  2. Stutz

Stutz EDC Junkie

As a banker, you should probably be recommending we open a checking account, savings account, online banking with direct deposit, a debit card, and probably a HELOC for good measure. Gotta hit those sales goals, amirite? :D

3. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

LOL. If I were discussing this with you in a professional capacity, I would recommend all of the above, and a few more for sure!

4. Stutz

Stutz EDC Junkie

As a former teller and husband to a former branch manager, I don't blame you.

Brtsmpsn and MedusaOblongata like this.
  5. Timothy Sutton

Timothy Sutton Loaded Pockets

I've tried to carry a SAK, but they tend to get annoying after walking around a bit. This is amplified when it's hot outside, and wgen my legs start to get sweaty. To be honest, I wish I didn't have to carry a phone, but it's too useful not to. I tend to have the same problem with the phone as I do with a SAK.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Stutz, moostapha and Brtsmpsn like this.
  6. BklynBoy

BklynBoy Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a pen and paper in my pockets. With Evernote on my phone, I always have the ability to take typed or spoken notes. I have pens and paper in every bag I carry.

As to mini pry bars, I still don't get it, even after hanging out here for a couple of years. I try to take them seriously, but when I see them all I can think of are the tiny guns and tools carried by the toys in Toy Story

REDDEVIL and Brtsmpsn like this.
  7. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

The weird thing is that I keep finding little situations when I would need a pry bar...but they're always at home or in a warehouse/shop that has a real one.

Stutz and Brtsmpsn like this.
  8. RunnersLunge

RunnersLunge Loaded Pockets

I do not carry a pry bar type tool largely for the reasons every else has listed. I also largely fail to see the interest in a collector perspective for that matter.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  9. swamptart

swamptart Loaded Pockets

I try not to carry a knife, we have really stupid knife laws in the UK due to the few idiots who ruin it for everyone.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  10. C.Boland93
    • In Omnia Paratus

C.Boland93 Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a gun. Or a baton. Both of which I would carry one or the other of if I lived where laws allowed me to do so.

I also don't carry a whistle. I've never really seen the use for it in an urban environment. But still want oneā€¦

Sent from Catherine's iPhone using Tapatalk.

Gilatabar, Stutz and Brtsmpsn like this.
  11. thcolby

thcolby Loaded Pockets

I don't usually carry a multitool on my person don't see the point. Its never far away though...

Gilatabar and Brtsmpsn like this.
  12. Sirius

Sirius Loaded Pockets

Don't carry a folder, dedicated knife nor any defensive tools because of extremely strict laws. Sometimes, I even leave my SAK Climber at home out of fear. It's not specifically listed as illegal, but here, the individual officer decides what is legal and not. People have recieved fines and ended up with a criminal record for 58mm saks and nail files, but other officers don't consider them to be weapons at all. (Not intended as a political statement, but this is the situation in Norway)

Last edited by Sirius, Jul 10, 2015
    Gilatabar, Stutz and Brtsmpsn like this.
  13. MORT

MORT Empty Pockets

I own several small flashlights, but most are still to bulky for EDC. Anyway, why? In the past twenty years there may have two or three occasions when I could have used a light and not had one.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  14. Dadpool

Dadpool Uber Prepared

My phone is my watch (unless I'm feeling dressy) and notepad, and I don't carry a fire source unless I'm in the woods. I sometimes carry a SAK, but it's one of many knives in my rotation, not a must-have.

O_G, Stutz and Brtsmpsn like this.
  15. nomos

nomos Empty Pockets

I didn't realize how much I didn't carry. I have all the usual bases covered: phone w/flash for light; Manix2; wallet; keys. I wear dress trousers to work, so no extra pockets for anything bulky. I have a Fatboy I sometimes carry that I keep a spare flashlight, leatherman, Gerber MT, my tablet, earbuds, charging cables, and a USB on the go cable. I also have a few short lengths of 550 and a torch lighter for fiddling around in there. I've never run into a situation where I needed anything more than what's in my pockets or easily improvised with nearby materials.

Stutz and Brtsmpsn like this.
  16. Hofy

Hofy Loaded Pockets

No watch.

#1 I have a metal allergy and break out in a bad rash from prolonged contact to anything with nickel in it. (Most watches have stainless steel backs)
    #2 No watches or jewelry allowed at work.

Brtsmpsn and Stutz like this.
  17. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

"other"
    Other being a firearm.

i simply don't get why anybody would carry an item of such violence and death..

GrayMouser and Brtsmpsn like this.
  18. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

To defend against others with the intention to initiate violence that could lead to personal harm or harm to family.

19. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

ok. if you are able to live with killing another human then thats ok.

I'm not.

GrayMouser and Brtsmpsn like this.
  20. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

If it is them or me or my family. I would do what I have to.

Depending on where one lives there are different levels of threat from criminal elements and different laws to protect victims. I understand your point of view. I don't think anyone who carries a firearm would want to have to use it. But would as a last resort to protect themselves or those they love. I mean no offense with my comment I understand there are some cultural differences between places that don't allow public ownership and carry of guns and those that do. I just share the opinion that if another person is going to threaten my life or my family I should have the right to be able to stop that threat with at least equal arms. Unfortunately I now live in a country that frowns on it.