1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you NOT carry, and why?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Stutz, Jan 27, 2015.

?

What items do you NOT carry?

1. blade

6.7%
  2. MT or SAK

17.8%
  3. light

6.1%
  4. watch

19.9%
  5. pen and/or notepad

13.8%
  6. fire source

43.1%
  7. keychain accessories

24.9%
  8. one of the basics: phone, keys, wallet

3.7%
  9. pry bar or Atwood-style tool

64.3%
  10. other

15.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jmbriggs

jmbriggs Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a phone. If I'm not at home and nobody is about to die I probably don't want to be bothered. I don't carry a watch. It's always right now and that's all I need to know about what time it is. I don't carry a compass. I know where I'm going and if I do get lost knowing which way is north won't help me any.

Sly likes this.
  2. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Pry bar. I have never needed to pry something that my hands couldn't do... they look cool, can't justify the need though.
    And a watch, i have one, but for occasions. Phone keeps my time well.

rkazooti likes this.
  3. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a pry bar. I EDC'd a LM Brewzer for a short-time but never used it and didn't like the bulk it added to my key chain. However, when I fly I do take it so I'll have 'something extra." However, I never really find that I need to pry anything and when I do a knife or screwdriver is usually sufficient.

In my EDC bag I keep a couple of lighters, and I keep a few extra things in my GHB and in my truck. However, I don't smoke or ever find myself sitting around campfires so flame isn't something I need.

I like the idea of having a notepad, but I don't want to place one in my wallet so I don't keep up with one. I have a notepad app on my phone, but I find when I want to give myself an immediate reminder I text myself. I keep notepads, outside of the obvious places like office/desk, kitchen, living room, in my truck, EDC bag, and GHB.

I don't have any keychain accessory items beyond a suspension clip which I like having even for my three keys and remote entry device.

Finally, I find I don't even carry a full blown multitool or SAK anymore either. I used to alternate between a SAK and Juice S2, but then I stopped altogether. However, a few months ago I bought a Style PS in anticipation of a flight (and still maintain it for that reason), but I have grown to carry that daily.

4. Rockwell Torrey

Rockwell Torrey Loaded Pockets

I chose other. I carry all other choices and more. If I think of something I don't carry I'll post it. But if I think of something I would probably start carrying it. I shouldn't think about this any more.

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. I guess that makes me just a giant Peter.

5. zatoichi

zatoichi Loaded Pockets

EDC?

I cannot carry a firearm. Gun laws in Hawaii are pretty strict. I have no need to get a felony at this stage of my life.

I do not carry a fixed blade knife. It is not so much I do not see a need for a fixed blade, but I have work in an office environment and live in an urban area. I have never needed a fixed blade to do a job that a folder can easily get accomplished.

I carry a cell but it is much more likely to be turned off.

I carry a bunch of stuff in my EDC bag. Things like firestarters, first aid kits and the like do not take much weight or room.

masofnos and Stutz like this.
  6. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

I had to check "other" because I EDC every item on the list in non-cargo pants every day. I could add things to the list of what I carry, too. I had to check "other" because I'm sure there's something I don't carry. I'm just trying to figure out what it is - so I can get one!

I carry:
    Blade 2 folders, each over 3"
    MT LM Rebar
    Flashlight 1xAAA & 2x123a
    Watch always
    Pen/Notepad 1 notepad, 2 pens
    Fire mini Bic (don't smoke)
    Keychain Accessories LM Style, nailclippers, tweezers, trit vials
    Phone, Keys, Wallet Yes
    Atwood-style tool Piranha
    Other Spare batteries for lights, chapstick, sunglasses

Last edited by MedusaOblongata, Jun 14, 2015
    masofnos likes this.
  7. Stutz

Stutz EDC Junkie

That's a hardcore list. I commend you!

8. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

I have a County Comm prybar, but I don't carry it. I do carry a Maratac lighter but I've never smoked.

masofnos likes this.
  9. jdindadell

jdindadell Loaded Pockets

I do not carry a fire source save for my outdoor kit which is infrequently used.

No watch, phone does that. I do carry a pen and paper, still like taking notes.

Not carrying a multitool most of the time, unless you consider a sak manager a multi and I do not consider it the same as the various sog multis I usually put to work.

I do carry a brewzer on my keychain, and it gets used plenty. I use prytools daily, even the little ones.

10. Ralys

Ralys Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a multitool, besides the little LM Style on my keys. I want to carry one, because I find myself needing pliers or wire cutters VERY frequently. I just can't find a good way to carry a full size MT.

Don't usually carry fire anymore. I like having it, but I just don't really like Bics, and Zippos drive me insane trying to keep fluid in them. When camping or something like that, my Zippos get a lot of use, and I always have one on me. I also usually have a Bic or two in my car somewhere...but not on person anymore.

I have a widgy bar on my keys, and I love it. Gets a decent amount of use, from working on my car when I'm not at home (happens far too often...) to being used to pull staples. Mini prys have never seemed to me to be something I ever 'need', but it's frequently something that makes a task FAR easier, or does it without further inconveniencing me.

I also have several beads...from a $5 Emerson skull to a $80 D22 six shooter...utterly useless, but then so is any other kind of jewelry.

masofnos likes this.
  11. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

I typically have all of the above on me when I am out the exception would weekends when I am wearing shorts and have minimal pocket space then it is small folder, light and an Atwood in a chums wallet with ID 2 cards and some bills plus a watch.

masofnos likes this.
  12. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a multitool because I have found that the tools do not justify the weight. I find that individual tools are weight-justified and better quality. Also I have choices of what tools to carry.

masofnos likes this.
  13. GearHunter

GearHunter Loaded Pockets

Since we are talking on body carry...

No fire
    No prybar
    No " dedicated" knife
    No beads/trinkets/worlygigs
    No pocket trama kit
    No paracord bracelet

Well you get the point...

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  14. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't carry a wallet. I keep my money next to my phone in a small pouch.
    Also watch. So uncomfortable and not used to it. Also no need of it.
    Pen and notepad. Sometimes i carry a tactical pen, but I don't see it as a writing device. Also mo need of it.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  15. Gypscoprotheres

Gypscoprotheres Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a watch or a pry bar. I hate stuff on my wrist and use my phone for checking the time. I don't see the need of a pry bar. As far as I know, I've never missed it.

I don't have a MT yet, but till the moment I'll buy it, my SAK will do.

My SAK, light, pen, notepad, Zippo and BIC-lighter and some other stuff I carry in my EDC pouch, which is always in my backpack. In my pockets I carry a phone, wallet, keys and a small folder.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  16. Gypscoprotheres

Gypscoprotheres Loaded Pockets

And after reading some other topics out of curiosity, I'm now searching for a mini Pry bar! It seems to be a good knife-tip/multitool-screwdriver saver.

kertap75 and Brtsmpsn like this.
  17. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Firearm.

I have a CCW permit, and a nice collection of guns, but I have kid in school, live near the border of another state, and like to visit state parks, all of which consider firearms illegal on their property :(.

(Not to mention, the Mrs doesn't like the idea either.)

Brtsmpsn and Gilatabar like this.
  18. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a lot of spare cash ... I don't have a lot of cash to spare.

19. masofnos

masofnos EDC Junkie!!!

I don't carry anything, i don't even know why i'm here....

lol just kidding, i don't wear a watch, my phone does a funner job of it.

I also don't carry a prypar, I would find it useful, just trying to fit it in is the hard part, my pockets have a very limited space!

20. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

As a banker, I highly recommend that you carry spare cash. Cards are not 100% reliable, and some cash can get you out of a jam. You don't have to use cash if you don't want to, but a few hundred dollars stashed away somewhere on your person can make the difference between a very difficult situation and a very simple one.

Cody_2ZZ, Brtsmpsn, masofnos and 2 others like this.