1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you NOT carry, and why?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Stutz, Jan 27, 2015.

?

What items do you NOT carry?

1. blade

6.7%
  2. MT or SAK

17.8%
  3. light

6.1%
  4. watch

19.9%
  5. pen and/or notepad

13.8%
  6. fire source

43.1%
  7. keychain accessories

24.9%
  8. one of the basics: phone, keys, wallet

3.7%
  9. pry bar or Atwood-style tool

64.3%
  10. other

15.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a knife (Aussie law is a :censored: about it unless there's a 'valid reason'), pry bar (not really felt the need for one) or a watch usually. Everything else though, in a bag or in my pockets.

ManVsLawn and cheeser like this.
  2. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

I don't carry a belt knife but you will have no problems carrying a multi tool or a SAK.

hal_chase and ManVsLawn like this.
  3. geoffchan

geoffchan Loaded Pockets

I guess i won't edc my Esee 5

Stutz, ManVsLawn and survivorman like this.
  4. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

True, nobody is going to separate me from my SAK, haha. I often envy the US blokes on here that can carry around a nice folder or fixed blade and not have it be questioned though. There's just something FUN about using a Spyderco to cut something, even if the little SAK blade could do it just as well!

ManVsLawn likes this.
  5. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

I carry my little spyderco. I used to carry the slightly bigger Byrd, but it's a bigger knife for the same cut lol

ManVsLawn likes this.
  6. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a handgun. I may get a CCW permit, but doubt that I will regularly carry. I've just never felt the need, but if I ever do, I'll do so legally.

kikaida, Stutz and ManVsLawn like this.
  7. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I know they look ridiculous on me... So that's why I don't wear them. Plus anything on my wrist is annoying. No watches, ever

kikaida, hal_chase and Stutz like this.
  8. BlueTrain

BlueTrain Loaded Pockets

I also don't wear (or carry) a watch unless I'm traveling. I'm otherwise surrounded by clocks. They don't blow steam whistles anymore to tell you what time it like when I was little. I do carry a bag, plus another bag everyday and I'm almost embarrassed to admit it. One is a lunch bag, which is an insulated bag that holds a six-pack. So I load it up with skin ointment (used every day or two), a Swiss Army-type knife (almost never used), spare house keys (carried since I lost mine), another knife (attached to the key) and lunch. The other bag has papers and bunch of other stuff.

Although I make many posts about guns, I don't carry one. They aren't allowed here at work and I've never even come close to needing one and anyway, I don't want to shoot anyone. I know what lawyers cost. Found out the hard way. Don't carry a pry bar, matches, lighter, multi-tool, nylon cord or much of anything else. Don't own a telephone. However, there's a lot of stuff in the car that stays in the car (just about everything I just said I don't carry) but I don't think that's supposed to count. I don't really need much of my own stuff once I get to work. All I have to do it get here and get back home. It's in-between where all the problems happen.

ManVsLawn and Stutz like this.
  9. nbehrman

nbehrman Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a whistle. Seems unnecessary if you're not out hiking...

ManVsLawn likes this.
  10. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

I carry a whistle in my little survival tin. Because I can't whistle and it's only the size of a pen. If I'm going to be somewhere noisy I'll let the joys know to come to the whistle if we lose them.

Always carry them hiking too. Actually I carry a few to make sure the boys have one :)

ManVsLawn likes this.
  11. nbehrman

nbehrman Loaded Pockets

Ya, whistles while out in the bush are a must, especially when your with other people or kids. On the key chain though, I'm guessing most people carry them because they look kinda neat. In the end though, there's nothing wrong with another chunk of brass, steel or Ti!

cheeser and ManVsLawn like this.
  12. johnny five

johnny five Loaded Pockets

Watch... I don't bother with them my phone keeps time. Beside the only time I want to know the time is quitting time

O_G and ManVsLawn like this.
  13. jamgam

jamgam Loaded Pockets

No firestarter, no pen/paper, no prybar or other keychain trinkets, no multi-tool. I have a ccw but only carry a gun about 5% of the time if that. Pretty much truck key, wallet, watch, phone and pocket knife is it

ManVsLawn likes this.
  14. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

Only thing up there I don't carry is a prybar type tool, my SAK large flat blade works for most of my prying tasks since most of what I need it for is light duty prying anything more then that and I will get a real crowbar.

15. Jellomellow

Jellomellow Loaded Pockets

-atwood type tool- I am still a student and i have no need for one(yet:p)

-a bottle opener-I am still underage and plus I have celiac which means that i can't have any good beer.

-watch-The last one that i had was nickel plated which i have an allergic reaction too.

-fire source-no need because I don't smoke and again I am still a student so i can't bring one(I still have a couple of zips at home for paracord)

Stutz likes this.
  16. aerosxl

aerosxl Loaded Pockets

Anything I don't need

grrradical likes this.
  17. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Oops, I voted the poll as if I have my backpack nearby...

On person: watch, phone, wallet, keys, gun, sometimes knife, sometimes flashlight

Don't feel the need or desire to carry anything else in my pockets. My keys are pared down to only the four keys I use on a daily or every other day basis. My wallet is flat and very minimalist with only a few cards in it and spare $20 bill. Knife and flashlight carry is dependent on 1. what I plan on doing/where I'm going at that time or 2. whether I feel like carrying it in my pocket at that time.

I would go insane if I needed to carry anymore in my pockets or on my person off-duty. Now, at work it's a different story. I have my tactical pants loaded down with all kinds of equipment. I do have access to multitools, lighter, pens/pencils, notepads, etc in my backpack and in my truck if the need should arise. Just not warranted enough for me to lug around on my body everyday.

18. Spuggy

Spuggy Loaded Pockets

I'm a prison officer, so I don't carry anything interesting when I'm working!

Bowman1911 likes this.
  19. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

I don't carry a whistle, a SAK, or a knuck.
    I don't carry the whistle, because I don't see much use in one in my carry.
    I don't have a need for an SAK with all the other stuff I carry, and a knuck is a no-no.

rkazooti likes this.
  20. CausticCrow

CausticCrow Loaded Pockets

I'm a little surprised so many people don't wear a watch. I see how a phone is more than enough, I used to have the same thinking. But after buying my first g-shock (GW-M5610, not one of the giant ones) I've just found it too convenient to look at my wrist to know the time/ time something, to not wear one. I dont even notice it there anymore. In fact I have it on 24/7 unless I'm showering. Not a fan of a wet NATO strap on my wrist.

I feel for those in places you can't really carry a full sized folder or fixed blade. Though there isn't much you need to cut that a SAK or similar won't handle, I find my joy of knives to be 98% liking the knife I'm using, to 2% making the cut haha.

It's hard to say what I don't carry. I cover pretty much everything listed depending on the day. The constants being a phone, watch, knife, and flashlight.

The only thing I don't ever carry out is a firearm. I'd sure love to have my glock 19 with me, but Los Angeles law frowns on that. Though it doesn't seem to stop quite a few people... Don't even get me started on gun laws.

Edit: Oh, or a whistle

Stutz likes this.