1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you NOT carry, and why?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Stutz, Jan 27, 2015.

?

What items do you NOT carry?

1. blade

6.7%
  2. MT or SAK

17.8%
  3. light

6.1%
  4. watch

19.9%
  5. pen and/or notepad

13.8%
  6. fire source

43.1%
  7. keychain accessories

24.9%
  8. one of the basics: phone, keys, wallet

3.7%
  9. pry bar or Atwood-style tool

64.3%
  10. other

15.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

I think the point that some have made is that they, specifically, don't want to have to capability to take a life at their fingertips at all times. I don't think there was an accusation that all CCWers walk around looking to shoot someone but more pointing out that if you have a firearm and are put in that situation taking a life is a distinct possibility and some people would rather not have that choice and the resulting lifetime of guilt.

sungame likes this.
  2. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

Don't sweat it Sixth, most knew what you meant.

Also, welcome to the forum.

3. JN01

JN01 Loaded Pockets

I don't think I'll ever understand pacifists, but to each his own.

As to the survey, I've never seen the need for a tiny pry bar.

4. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a fire source on my person, though there are several in my bag. I don't have a reason to carry a lighter daily.

No trinkets, toys, or beads - never saw a need for them.

jcombs likes this.
  5. CV801

CV801 Loaded Pockets

I don't carry....

-a fire source. I don't smoke so never saw the need to suddenly make a fire. I don't live in the woods. Hiking or camping is a different story.

-A gun. I guess I don't put myself in a situation where it's necessary. I don't live in an area where I don't feel safe and I don't venture into known trouble areas at known trouble times.

-A multi tool. I find them heavy and bulky and I like to keep my EDC at a minimum. I don't like overloaded pockets. They are handy but when I need a tool I'm usually not far from my Jeep which has tools and multi tools or at home where I have tools. I do carry an Atwood Ghost on my keychain which does provide a pry tool (also a screwdriver), bottle opener, and a couple small wrench sizes. This gets me by on most day to day needs. I probably use it as a bottle opener 95% of the time. I use the pry end to pop stones out of my Jeeps tires (Jeep sounds like a tap dancer going down the road with stones in the tire).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I do not pocket edc:
    • lighter. Unless I'm going to the cigar shop, in which case I just have a separate little 'kit' that includes a cutter, a punch, and a lighter.
    • any water bottle. Not even in my bag.
    • separate scissors. Usually have them on a SAK; also on my LM Squirt PS4. Either or both are usually with me.
    • fidget toys of any kind
    • keychain size vial/pill container/money stash/ etc
    • measurement tool(s). Although I've more than once considered the inch/metric measuring rods from TEC. But resisted so far!
    I have to confess. I look at so many pocket and keychain setups and am just amazed at how much some of y'all carry. But then folks who know me are amazed at what I carry, so I guess its all relative!
    L'chaim!
    Moshe ben David

sungame, CV801, 0dBm and 1 other person like this.
  7. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

split rings

8. Maave

Maave Loaded Pockets

Like none at all? How do you carry keys, one of those flexy cables?

9. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Paracord soft lanyard.

10. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

Since I voted I've got a torch and stopped carrying a lighter (quit smoking finally)
    I still don't see the need for a prybar. I tried once but after carrying it for two weeks I'd only used it to open a bottle and my LM does that better. Each to their own though

I don't carry a gun and even if I could, I don't think I would. If I was put into the situation where I had to choose between taking a life and losing my own, I'm not sure what I'd do but if I did take a life, I know I wouldn't be able to live with myself

11. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Not even if the act was to save one or more family members?!

12. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

It's impossible to say without being in that situation but probably not, no. I know myself well enough to accept that I could never take a life without the guilt killing me

13. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

There are a multitude of things that are highly improbable; however, nothing is impossible.

14. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Reminds me of the story of the smart young kid in elementary level religious school. Teacher is explaining how G-d can do anything without question. Kid thinks, raises his hand. 'Does that mean that G-d can make a rock SO BIG that even HE cannot move it?' Kid spends the rest of the day in the detention office...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

15. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I was that kid. Same kid that put a Silat armbar on one of the teachers that tried to grab me by the neck!

Moshe ben David likes this.
  16. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

The only one of these that I never carry is a fire source, because I don't foresee likely circumstances where I would need this. I have the rest on me, or in a bag, pretty much all the time. Only exception is that I don't carry a blade when flying, obviously, but I have pre-positioned an SAK at my usual destination.