1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you intentionally not carry on your keychain?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by zenlunatic, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Drauka

Drauka Loaded Pockets

Used to keep a p51 or p38 on it, but work says I cant anymore because its a violent weapon (I work in a prison). The tiny flashdrive, that was useful as heck for moving files from one isolated comp to another, is apparently a terrorist weapon so I have to leave it home too.

Now its down to the inchworm, that I use for evidence photos, and measurements in reports, a prytool thats used to pry into little hidey-holes inmates use, one of those key shaped bottle openers and shockingly...keys. I'm waiting for work to notice the inchworm and say its a kubaton :rolleyes:

2. greenmountainbooks

greenmountainbooks Loaded Pockets

I guess I can see the flashdrive...sort of, but what is a p51 or p38??

3. Drauka

Drauka Loaded Pockets

They think it can be used as some sort of ninja weapon to slice people in half....Florida is weird, and the prison system weirder. We cant bring in nail clippers either...we might give the inmates a cruel and unusual manicure....the inmates can buy them though :shrug:

4. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

can openers, p51 is a bigger one and p38 the standard size, military issue

5. KLancelot

KLancelot Empty Pockets

On my primary keychain, I would not ever carry a can opener, flash drive, lighter, nail clipper or flashlight larger than something about the size of a Photon. I think these things make a keychain either too bulky (I'm very cognizant of the size of keychain when it's hanging or bunched up in a pocket) or are not necessary on my primary keychain.

To solve the bulk problem, I do have a second keychain with a Maratac AAA, a pill fob, a nail clipper, tweezers, and a small screwdriver on a S-biner that I can attach to a messenger bag.

On my primary keychain, I've found for both size and necessity that a pico widgy, a Spyderco Bug, a whistle, a SwissTech Utili-Key, and Photon are enough.

I don't ever really need a can opener. I know when I need a flash drive (for work) and I would take my work bag.

6. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a knife on my keys. I always have a knife or two on me , no need. Too much trouble to take off if I happen apon a blade free zone

7. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

my keychain has house and car keys and a fob for locking and unlockiny my car and a guitar pick fob. its a 2 ring pull a part with car keys on one half and house keys on the other. i have a single key ring (wire that screws together) with key chain tools. two keyshaped screwdrivers. tweezers, mini prybar, bottle/can openers, and a TI whistle. now for the question asked ....i have a few other keychain tools that i dont carry unless i need then, a pill fob and a keychain light etc etc i normally have a flashlight with me or close by. and seldom need to carry pills or hide money. but if i do im ready