1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys like for iPhone 4S cases? ...

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by speedmaster, Oct 11, 2011.

1. speedmaster

speedmaster Loaded Pockets

I can't decide to get something very minimalist, or something big and tough?

2. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

I don't have the 4S but I do have the 4. My opinion is no case at all. Just Zagg Invisishield on the front and back. I carry mine in a microfiber sunglasses case and becasue of that it is always smudge free when I pull it out. I use to use a number of cases but you lose all appreciation for how thin the phone is the second you put a case on it. It is a very pleasant device to carry. With added bulk it is too much like other deivces. If you must have one the case I was happiest with was the Otterbox Commuter (not the defender). Nice level of protection and about half the bulk of the Defender (which is a piece of crap). See you on the FF field!

3. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

For my job I need the extra protection of the otterbox defender. Per Apple's website they say all of the iPhone 4 cases will fit. But on the otterbox site they state that the defender case for iPhone 4 will not fit the white phones or the 4s's. I have both a i4 and 4s case in bound and will advise.

4. Dusty

Dusty Loaded Pockets

I use a leather wallet type, it's great for keeping a bit of emergency cash in there.

What I think I will buy next is a few of the Magpul ones for friends and family, we've about half a dozen iphone 4's between us all :)

5. Viper715

Viper715 Loaded Pockets

I've used the Defender since the 3G and currently have one on my 4. It's an ok case, makes the phone much bulkier than I like and the hard underskeleton cracked after a drop. Good protection from water I got skated last night during a fire and the phone was fine. I'm looking at the lifeproof case for my next one it supposedly waterproof and can be taken under water! I wish the iPhone was waterproof from the factory.

6. speedmaster

speedmaster Loaded Pockets

Thanks! And I bench roethlisberger, so he comes back with 5 TDs. ;-)

7. aaronu

aaronu Loaded Pockets

That really depends on you, and how you use your phone.

When I got my iPhone 4 I got one of the freebie bumper cases (mine was a Griffin case). Not too big a case, but good protection. Very grippy; sometimes would stick in my pocket. It lasted for a while then started to stretch out so I ditched it.

I just got a Case Mate case with ID holder. It has a slot in the back that holds two ID/credit cards. What a coincidence: I travel for work and need easy access to exactly two cards. The case is not at all bulky; just a bit thicker. I almost never need my wallet any more.

Case Mate has some "barely there" cases w/o the ID holder, including one with a built in stand. I'd like one of the brushed aluminum ones but I'm not going to get one unless/until I can see for myself that it is properly insulated/cushioned so the antennae are not shorted together.

I used a Mophie Juice Pack Air for quite a while. It did a good job protecting the phone and gave me multiple days of phone use between charges, but made the phone very bulky. My brother just visited, haven't seen him in two years. He just got an iPhone a month or two ago so I gave him my Mophie case.

-1 on Otterbox Defender. It is not as good a case as the Otterbox Defender for older iPhones. But if you need to ruggedize your phone it is still the best option short of something like a Pelican case. For my teenaged son, a Defender case is mandatory gear.

I thought about going the "InvisiShield only" route but decided against it. Once upon a time in an airport, I got jostled in an airport by someone late for a flight. I was just taking my phone out of my jacket pocket and the phone went flying. That was when it was in the Griffin rubber case, which definitely did its job and saved my phone. I don't know what would have happened if I had just screen protectors on the phone. As it was, the phone bounced along merrily, first on carpet and then onto a marble floor. Add to that, one of my coworkers has a screen protector on his shattered iPhone. He's happy because the phone still works but accepts daily ribbing over the fact that he didn't think he needed a protective case.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Aaron

8. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

i got the Zagg invisishield and love it! really worth the money. as for a case im loving the new magpul field case. its the newer model of the executive field case. i got one for myself and everyone else loved it so much i had to get one for my wife, sister, brother, and a friend. i ended up getting every single color besides the foliage green. i highly recommend this case! usa made and less than $10!

[​IMG]

9. JoeyBones

JoeyBones Loaded Pockets

orange isn't even listed on their site! I wish they'd do a toxic green! :) lol

10. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

oooo that would be sweet! the orange one was actually a wrong color they sent me. i had ordered the OD green and instead received the orange. i called magpul up and they let me keep the orange and shipped the OD green to me for free. awesome company!

11. JoeyBones

JoeyBones Loaded Pockets

12. Jedi Knife

Jedi Knife Loaded Pockets

I've got an Otterbox Defender inbound. The Defender for my 3 GS has been amazing, as well as any dealings I have had with the Otterbox company. Also, check out http://www.goballisticcase.com/ They look pretty cool.

13. zipthehuh

zipthehuh Loaded Pockets

I use an incase slider on my 4 I like it a lot and it adds very little bulk, I have used seidio cases in the past and love them as well

14. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

+1.

15. el chupacabra

el chupacabra Loaded Pockets

+1 on the Magpul cases.

16. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Otterbox 3 people at my work who laughed at my sturdy case have oddly all broken their Iphones ive dropped mine so many times and its like new.

17. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

wow i just noticed that the orange isnt listed on their site for the new version. and i didnt even order it, weird!

18. apache119

apache119 Loaded Pockets

Another rep for the Magpul cases. The quality is amazing for the price.

19. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

Ref the Otterbox, I am currently using the iPhone 4 case with my 4S and it fits ok, but there are threads on other sites that say the sensor is affected. I will update once the 4S case arrives.

20. Makaveli

Makaveli Loaded Pockets

Sedio cases are good... The covert

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk