1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you Empty your Pockets into at Home?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Clarence Whirley, Mar 2, 2010.

1. AdcbA

AdcbA Loaded Pockets

Thank you so much.

Great family you got, love the one with GITD scales.

StonePaw likes this.
  2. StonePaw

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

You're welcome ;)

I love the glow mod as well :p ...even though it cost me a fortune :eek: :(

Mighty Max and AdcbA like this.
  3. patrat

patrat Loaded Pockets

I preload the pockets of the next day's pants.

4. JackBauer2218

JackBauer2218 Loaded Pockets

A 1960's cedar cigar box I got from my grandfather

5. Soappeddler

Soappeddler Loaded Pockets

Here are some pictures of a tool box that I made for my workshop about 25 years ago. I should make something smaller to empty my pockets into
    [​IMG][​IMG]

microbe, Greenjeans, mu®t13 and 2 others like this.
  6. cmo
    • In Omnia Paratus

cmo Loaded Pockets

Not good at compartmentalizing...top of dresser.
    [​IMG]

7. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

I may have went a little overboard on my solution. It's been on my wishlist for a few years now and I'm not really caring whether it matches the other furniture in the house. :D

It started as a place to keep all of my gun parts, cleaning kits, gear, and everything else I seem to have amassed over the years.

Since I just got it, I'm still trying to work out what exactly I want to keep in each drawer.

[​IMG]

The very top drawer is empty.

I threw a few of my Altoids tins, the few paracord bracelets I wear often, and my small flashlight collection in the second drawer:
    [​IMG]

Third drawer is for knives:
    [​IMG]

I contemplated on whether I was going to store guns in it, and more often than not I don't. However, this drawer is set aside for the times when I do. I keep an XD45 in a safe in my wife's car (since she travels out of town a lot and has the kids the majority of the time she wanted something accessible just in case). The Glock 19 goes wherever I go and the 1911 stays at home with her. Now that I think about it, why does she get all the big bore guns and I'm left with the wimpy 9mm? :) Also the magazines are usually in my range bag but I took them out just for the picture. We live in a nice neighborhood and are constantly being bombarded with solicitors. Let's just say that I don't have to worry about her.
    [​IMG]

The fifth drawer is my main dump location. I keep my wallet, keys, pens, etc in this one:
    [​IMG]

The sixth drawer is a little deeper so I use it to hold my holsters, skinth, and whatever else is too tall to fit in the other drawers:
    [​IMG]

That concludes the top cabinet. The bottom cabinet has deeper shelves and I haven't quite figured out how I want to organize them yet.

The seventh drawer holds my organizers and a few other odds and ends:
    [​IMG]

The eighth drawer is the perfect height and depth for the kids' to dump their goodies in. Both of the family iPads (both are the second generation iPad 2 ... mine is the iPad 4 that I'm using to take the pictures) and the charging cables. I'm debating on drilling a hole in the back and somehow integrating the charging cables in.
    [​IMG]

And the other 3 drawers are basically empty. My gun parts and cleaning gear are in containers in the very bottom and somehow I'm going to dump all of my computer gear into one of them.

Oh, and since you can see this from the living room I decided to leave the left side clean but I "prettied up" the right side a bit. :)

[​IMG]

8. grids7

grids7 Loaded Pockets

I am drawn to the aesthetics of dumping pockets into a nice cherry wood cigar box type tray, but have followed the Tesla, et. al. practice of leaving everything in my pants pocket, with a transfer to new pants the next morning.

9. Bullivant

Bullivant Loaded Pockets

That's me on a bad day. On a good day, everything has a place.

10. gooseman1991

gooseman1991 Loaded Pockets

This is what I do for now. I don't carry all these items every day but it is where they are stored.

Old ash tray (never used of course). Got my Spitfire, keys, chapstick, and Klaurus XT1A flashlight.
    [​IMG]

Pulled it out for you guys to see but my wallet hides perfectly underneath the printer door.
    [​IMG]

And knives lay out on top of the desk.
    Left to right, Gerber of some sort, cheap box cutter for around the farm, cheap switchblade for around the farm, Buck Vantage, Case Tiny Toothpick in TN Vols colors (lol), and some type of Victorionox.
    [​IMG]

I have plenty more knives but these are the ones I am using for now.

875fps and Vesp like this.
  11. grids7

grids7 Loaded Pockets

Pic posted from another thread, but this last weekend I picked up a decorative tray from Wally World. Just haven't cleaned off my dresser top to put it there for it's intended use. I've been just leaving it all in the pants pocket, but going to try a nightly dump for a change of pace.
    [​IMG]
    1184_SRK_tray by grids7, on Flickr

survivorman and microbe like this.
  12. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

13. GG_Blaisdell

GG_Blaisdell Loaded Pockets

Still the magazine page basket - also went nuts with paracord lanyards tonite... :oops:

[​IMG]

=RedFox=, 875fps and LefsaBL like this.
  14. LausDeo

LausDeo Loaded Pockets

This.. is.. amazing. I hope some day I can achieve this level of EDC perfection and organization. Something struck my curiosity, what is that red package titled Napalm?

Sent from the Droid you weren't looking for.

qqb825 and gooseman1991 like this.
  15. maverickmonk

maverickmonk Loaded Pockets

There's a much better way to do this. Place the rim of the record on a bowl that's just large enough to hold it (so the rim and the rim of the bowl match). heat up the record slowly with a heat gun, using a piece of wide pvc pipe (2-3") to push down on the center where the label is. This way, as the record stretches, the bowl stays perfectly round and concentric.

edit: If you can't figure it out, message me and I may be able to help

16. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

Thank you, but it's nowhere near perfection. Just somewhere to dump a bunch of random crap I have. That Napalm is a car scent from CombatBet. You can find more of them at their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CombatBet.

17. normshapiro

normshapiro Loaded Pockets

18. Chiro75

Chiro75 Loaded Pockets

+1. I bought a Wasabi one for traveling and figured I already own it, so may as well use it all the time.

19. gooseman1991

gooseman1991 Loaded Pockets

Majority of stuff.
    [​IMG]

Wallet out from its hiding spot under printer door.
    [​IMG]

Knives for me to pick from.
    [​IMG]

20. kennyprep

kennyprep Loaded Pockets

I wear a hat for work i pocket dump into it and leave my wallet phone and charger belt pouch and fak beside it

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Myth90045 likes this.