1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you Empty your Pockets into at Home?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Clarence Whirley, Mar 2, 2010.

1. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Loaded Pockets

2. bolampau

bolampau Loaded Pockets

Similar to me, except I use my Tilley hat

3. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I dump my pocket's into This leather sided wallet box I got from my mother when I get off work. I lost the wallet she gave me that came in it long ago. [​IMG]

4. solrikioo

solrikioo Loaded Pockets

I just lay it on my desk in front of my computer.

5. Introspect

Introspect Loaded Pockets

FFG Spyderco Endura and Pockettoolx Piranha??

6. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

It's a ZDP 189 fully serrated endura and yep it's a Piranha :)

7. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

I've just started using one of these wallet boxes too. It's a great size for organizing a couple of knives and lights.

8. bkdotcom

bkdotcom Loaded Pockets

How's the chest holding up for you.
    It looks great in pictures so I went to go check it out in the store today..

Here's my unflattering review of the floor model:
    I was very underwhelmed. Seemed to be on the extreme low-end of quality/durability.
    The draw rails (loose fit, sliding on thin strip of wood), very thin drawer bottoms, and the lack of drawer stop were my main concerns.
    It seems that storing anything of moderate girth or having the drawers open will likely break something.
    The front drop is hinged such that it's prevented from droping/swinging completely and likely to break @ the hinge if left out and not resting on something. It's definitely meant to slide back into the case under the bottom drawer rather than serve as a platform to place anything..

Sigh.. It didn't look nearly as nice as Garland's pics either..
    so, I'm still looking for my perfect tool chest type solution.

Erasergirl likes this.
  9. Garland

Garland Loaded Pockets

The floor model in my Harbour Freight was trashed, too. Mine is holding up well for what I use it for and I am still very happy. BTW there is a coupon for the case in the current circular for $59 I think.

I saw this knife case online which is probably better made but it is 10 times as much:
    http://www.bladehq.com/item--Benchmade-Custom-Blue-Oak--4824

10. bkdotcom

bkdotcom Loaded Pockets

Wow, that looks like the exact same chest (exceptions being the misplaced decimal $699 vs $69.99, the color, and the two smaller drawers on the left being replaced with one deeper drawer)

11. maxray

maxray Loaded Pockets

$64.99 indeed! Just left my local Harbor Freight with one of these wooden tool chests (and a few handfuls of other EDC stuff). Thanks for the tip!

12. maxray

maxray Loaded Pockets

Well, I can attest to the poor packaging of the wooden tool chest, upon getting mine home and opened up:

[​IMG]

The entire front drop down panel was completely cracked all the way through.

This one also appeared to have greasy fingerprints in the felt next to the mirror on the top compartment - weird considering the box appeared "factory sealed". Going to return it tomorrow and hopefully get one in better shape!

13. tweak4

tweak4 Loaded Pockets

I usually go with the "previous day's pants" approach. When I undress for the night, I just lay my pants over a bench at the foot of our bed. The next morning, I redress, move stuff from previous pants to the current, and toss the previous pair in the hamper.

That said, I do really like the Maxpedition tray that a number of you seem to use... might have to look into that one...

14. intellax

intellax Loaded Pockets

very interesting to see what people use... i personally used a velvet lined old wallet box to dump my stuff. i also keep it on an end table in my living room since i can't stand to have my phone near me at night...

15. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Loaded Pockets

Similar to my approach. I wear my pants up until I'm ready to climb into bed. I then take them off, roll them up (belt on the inside) and place them on the floor near my head. This way, in case of emergency, it's a matter of grabbing, unrolling and putting them on. Preparedness at it's best as I have everything there and can leave at a moment's notice.

16. cubegleamer

cubegleamer Loaded Pockets

Went to Harbor freight today to check out the chest that has been posted on here a bunch of times. The display model was beat to hell. I found the construction and materials to be of poor quality. I'd rather buy a real metal toolbox for $20 extra. The wood one looks nice at first but I don't see it lasting that long.

17. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

That's what my husband used to do until we got a new puppy. That was a hard lesson to learn.

18. xxForceTenxx

Empty nesters and our dog is getting on up there in age. ;)

19. Satanta

Satanta Empty Pockets

My pants that I am going to wear. I'm too paranoid to not have my jeans RTG [[Ready to Go]] if something happens at O'Dark-Thirty. Don't want to have to funble around in the dark going "Ok, where did I put my light? Where's my gun..?"

I just step into my jeans, close the velcro flap and have the handgun right there, one in the IWB holster, one under the pillow and the 1guage next to the bed.

Storm [[tornado]] or fire and I'm am dressed in less than a minute-not going to be standing on the front lawn with my bare butt hanging in the wind. ;)

20. xxForceTenxx

That's gotta hurt to fire. ;)