1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you Empty your Pockets into at Home?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Clarence Whirley, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Jabr0ney

Jabr0ney Loaded Pockets

for me its any flat surface that is generally out of the way, but im highly considering one of those maxpedition trays

2. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

That Maxped tray is kinda neat!

I usually just transfer everything from whatever I'm wearing, to whatever I plan to wear the next day. So when the time comes, be it normal morning routine or 3am emergency bug out, it's all ready to go without having to fumble about.

3. EdB999

EdB999 Loaded Pockets

Just picked up a 'moppe' from Ikea
    [​IMG]
    Stuff I definatly carry wallet/keys/phone are going to live on top - other options in the draws :)

4. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

I found this box [STEALTH VALET] today for $8, One of my many boxes but this one is going to get allot of use ..

[​IMG]

BE WELL .. GH

nwjavahead and strongblackcoffee like this.
  5. TooMuchStuff

TooMuchStuff Loaded Pockets

An old girlfriend got me a . . . don't know what they are called . . . nightstand catchall? Not sure but it is from Coach and works greats. 4 open "compartment" areas and a couple more covered compartments. Fits a couple key chains, knives, watches, wallets and pens. Coach might still make it but not sure. Think it is about 7 years old.

6. James Paul

James Paul Empty Pockets

My pocket content is minimal since most of my stuff is kept in my EDC bag. But my few pocket items (thin wallet, chapstick, iPhone) go on my dresser at the end of the day.

7. Cobra4246
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cobra4246 Loaded Pockets

Some may find this odd but at the end of the day I empty my pockets into what ever jeans I am going to wear the nextday.
    Why you ask- should I have to get up in the middle of the night ie: Family emergency-Fire-or a work call I known where my thigs are and I don't have to spend time looking or loading my pockets.

8. NaturalMystic

NaturalMystic Loaded Pockets

Not odd at all, I do the same thing and I think several others have mentioned doing this also.

9. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

I do the same thing! I've always been paranoid of having to wake and dress quickly for evacuation. I live in northern California where we have earthquakes fairly often, and I fear that living in the city exposes me to a higher fire risk.

Still can't get the wife to get dressed and out any faster than 45 minutes! *LOL* :)

10. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Loaded Pockets

That's a cool box!

11. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Loaded Pockets

I have a shelf in my bedroom that I lay everything out on except my firearm. On it is two boxes as well, one for my ring and bracelet and Mizpah, the other for my badge, collar brass, and other insignia pins on my uniform.

12. TIREdMAN

TIREdMAN Loaded Pockets

this may be a bit of over kill but the few things i carry in my pockets i dump into a gun safe at the end of the day. many things i use daily are contained in my edc bag which hangs on my night stand at the end of the day. my gun safe is located on a shelf under my night stand. quick access safe with a digital print reader to gain access (absolutely no one but my wife and i can access safe this way). i use the safe because i conceal carry a 9mm daily. in addition to my gun i carry two auto open knives (one right side back pocket, second left side back pocket) and a can of snuff. thats it in the pockets. if the need arises to get out of dodge quickly the safe has a carry handle on it so i can grab my edc bag and safe and go. like i said may be overkill for your situation but with two children i take no chances. on the minimalist side how about a large wooden bowl on a night stand. my father makes them and they are durable as heck if made from the right material.

13. paaiyan

paaiyan Loaded Pockets

Actually, we never really use our couch so I empty everything onto it. My (still holstered) M&P .40c, spare mag, CRKT Ripple and Fox Laps OC go on the arm of the couch closest to my computer desk, and everything else goes in a neat little pile on the seat. At night the (yup, still holstered) M&P and spare mag go to my nightstand along with my phone.

14. Garland

Garland Loaded Pockets

I was at Harbour Freight last weekend and bought one of these wooden toolboxes to store my stuff in and to use as a nightly dump. The lid opens and is deep enough to keep everything I carry daily-wallet, phone, knife, multitool,pocket pistol. There are eight drawers, more than enough room for my current collection and with room for expansion. It has a drop-front which secures the interior drawers when closed, and serves as a tray to set items on that I am getting ready to take with me. All the drawers and interior are felt-lined. The chest costs $99, which is a pretty good deal anyway, but it is on sale right now and I used a 20% off coupon so I paid $64. So far I am liking it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Man ! You stole that thing ! Nice !!!

BE WELL .. GH

16. TIREdMAN

TIREdMAN Loaded Pockets

love that toolbox Garland!! and at $64 who would pass that up? we have a harbor freight close by, think i may go try and hunt one down. thanks for the pic!!

17. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Hell of a deal. Looks great :)

18. Bishop2Queen's6

Bishop2Queen's6 Loaded Pockets

Ever heard of a vallet? Like a watch vallet, cufflink vallet, sunglass vallet, electronics vallet.. It's sort of like a tool box except that it's designed to hold the specific item in a specific spot.

My watch vallet beautifully displays all 12 of my watches. I usually dump each item in its specific vallet in its specific spot based on my rotation

19. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Yea, I know what a "Valet" is . It's the guy you give your keys to so he can drive your car a couple hundred feet, park it, and expect you to pay him for it (^;

Welcome to the forum (&

BE WELL .. GH

20. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

i was in impression that it was more like that you pay for valet so he will be obliged to bring the car BACK.