1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you Empty your Pockets into at Home?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Clarence Whirley, Mar 2, 2010.

1. indigo

indigo Loaded Pockets

Is that a fossil leather watch box, Myriad?

2. DTM_Oskar

DTM_Oskar Loaded Pockets

My hat, always my hat. Learned it from my dad and it just works, no matter where you rest at night you'll have it.

I've been looking into organizing the "maybes and ifs"(stuff i sometimes carry) into some plastic containers.

3. Myriad7777

Myriad7777 Loaded Pockets

No -- it just says "T. Harris". I got it a couple of years ago at Steinmart on sale. Its "leatherette" lol.

J

4. indigo

indigo Loaded Pockets

Cool. Leatherette or not, it looks classy. Thanks for the reply.

5. tlfuller

tlfuller Empty Pockets

Found a great valet tray at Overstock. $30-$55 is about average.

6. ImaPoser

ImaPoser Loaded Pockets

I thought dumping it on top of the fridge was what everyone did. :sigh:

7. benissocool

benissocool Loaded Pockets

The hat trick works for me, too. I use that when I travel and am outside my routine.

Otherwise I'll stand by my normal home routine: everything goes into the pockets of a 5.11 tactical vest on a hook in the master bath. There have been a couple bumps in the night this year where the handgun got slipped inside the vest's inside holster and off I went with my phone, wallet, light, keys, OC and knife tucked into vest pockets.

On lazy weekends, I just grab the vest and roll out to the coffee shop. It's all there in one place that acts as a concealing garment.

I like knowing it's all there in one place where I can grab it an go.

8. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

I do the hat trick as well when I'm not at home but when I am my EDC is unloaded onto my computer table.

9. rosshs

rosshs Loaded Pockets

I just about always wear a hat (for work reasons) when i'm going out so when i come home my hat comes off and all my stuff goes in it.

10. Sparkey

Sparkey Loaded Pockets

I may be the odd bird here, but my gear stays in my pants. They get folded (carefully, mind you) and usually rest on a chair in the bedroom. That way if things go down in the night, I jump up, put on my pants and I'm geared up ready to go. Note: I do NOT carry a firearm. Usually it's just Knife, light, wallet, pen, handkerchief, keys w/ extra meds. My watch stays on all the time. (except when showering.) My bag is usually hung on the exit door or on the chair next to said door, so I can grab it if making a hasty exit.

11. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

I'm trying something new.

I am bringing my EDC bag upstairs with me to bed (well, not IN the bed), then chucking all the important pocket stuff in there so I can always grab it and run in my PJ's when the apocalypse comes ;D

12. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Ha hahahahaha ! Tanks for that ! Best laugh I've had in a week (^;
    Oh, and mines IS, IN my bed [Not kidding] (8
    Looking into Gas Mask and Bio Hazard Suit right now, I'm on the West coast USA |8

BE WELL .. GH

13. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

GH, you mean you haven't dug a shelter?? I'm disappointed in you ;D

14. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Well, I haven't been at this address for too too long (^;

BE WELL .. GH

15. timbo

timbo Empty Pockets

I keep most stuff in my bag, my pocket edc goes half on the kitchen worktop (wallet, work id, cash) the other half on my nightstand (Flashlight, HTC, keys). Although recently my 2year old son has taken a liking to the edc on the nightstand and certain 'items' have gone missing including my Fenix LD01 Stainless which I was enjoying edc'ing, I keep my edc knives in a toolbox out of reach.
    I like the look of the Maxpedition tray, I always thought they were a little pointless but now as my edc has grown its looking more practical especially when staying away from home. must stop now I'm going on a bit :)

16. Atlas

Atlas Loaded Pockets

dont carry an EDC bag..
    i empty my stuff into a pelican 1120..i guess the pelican could be seen as my EDC bag,,but i see it as more of an EDC station since i leave it in the truck and only take what i need.

17. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

A fire and ice glass bowl. On top of the....Oh, I am not going to tell you..

[​IMG]
    bowl 1 by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    bowl 2 by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

and yes, that is a 150lb. clam shell.

18. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

some things stay in pockets of jacket (backup knife and flashlight and spare keys to the car with squirt multitool) oh and this work jacket is in the bedroom. and atleast one pair of shoes too. and my main edc bag. (all near by so i can leave in haste if neccessary)

some things often stay in pants (edc knife and my only true edc flashlight)

but until recently i have actually emptied my pockets on top of my tv.

obviously. clarification: as i bought a new flatscreen tv to replace the old crt 9 days ago.. i have since cursed the fact that i cant put my wallet, keys, flashlight etc on top of the tv anymore! i didnt even realise how often i actually used the old tv as my "dump site". now. i likely must make an dedicated shelf by the door next to the flat screen. or try to keep one of the shelves by the tv chair empty for all the edc items. (i keep many of the things i rotate in my pockets there already.. but other stuff ends up cluttering the space and filling it) other stuff are on top of nightstand.

basically there was/is 5-6 locations for me to look for things i use in my edc rotation. clothes i wore belt/pockets, nightstand, top of tv, shelf by the chair, edc bag and the dreaded "odd unknown location where i had misplaced or forgotten the item i had used or thought that i might need it".

i really need to get organized better. :( (something i keep saying often and never seem to do)

19. int3rnal

int3rnal Banned

I use a leather valet tray that I've had for a few years. It's nautica branded and folds completely flat for travel.

20. BlackGold

BlackGold Loaded Pockets

I have a 7" x 5" x 2.5" folding box that has a relatively soft interior, and I keep whatever blade I'm carrying that day either on the table right next to that box, or on me.