1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you Empty your Pockets into at Home?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Clarence Whirley, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Clarence Whirley

Clarence Whirley Empty Pockets

i'm a minimalist. I don't carry an EDC bag, but my pockets are full when i get home between cell phone, wallet, pocket knife (or two), the possible little flashlight. I'm looking for something to dump my pockets out into so it's all in one place, and preferably with a little latch to make it a little harder for my young kids to get into.
    right now, i'm looking at cigar boxes or little keepsake boxes, but of course the keepsake boxes are all pretty, um, feminine, to put it lightly.
    what do you guys use?
    thanks.

2. jma78

jma78 Loaded Pockets

How about an Otterbox:

http://www.otterbox.com/waterproof-cases/

Haha, you can even go diving with it:)

I carry an edc pack and the only thing i take out of my jean pockets when i get home is my lighter so i dont have that problem.

JW Pratt and Knightrock like this.
  3. jenkinma

jenkinma Loaded Pockets

What about this little thingy from Maxpud... Travel Tray
    Then you could take it on the road... ;)

.... me? I just dump it all on the counter in the bathroom next to my sink. My wife marvels that I carry "that much stuff" in my pockets and it drives her nuts if I leave any of it there after departing for the day... hehehe

4. NAdams65

NAdams65 Empty Pockets

What about a little plastic tub/bin in the corner of a drawer....out of sight....out of mind?

5. Wooden Foot

Wooden Foot Empty Pockets

I have a small ceramic saucer that I made in high school that I dump my pockets into...

Harrison M and smokingfish like this.
  6. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

I got a drawer next to my bed in my night stand which I have divided up with drawer dividers that I found. They were on martha stewart's web site. But they are the best thing ever I really like the set up.

FireHooligan352 likes this.
  7. Joe Talmadge

Joe Talmadge Loaded Pockets

Those foldable fabric travel trays, like the Maxpedition one mentioned above, or just a regular non-tactical version, are absolutely great. I use one on my nightstand at home, and then fold it flat and throw it in my suitcase when I travel for hotel use.

smokingfish likes this.
  8. Dogface

Dogface Empty Pockets

I put everything in a small camera bag and leave it next to me on the nightstand, unzipped, with a flashlight right on top. If for some reason I choose to leave in a hurry in the middle of the night, I can simply grab the bag and go.

MattyEDC80, smokingfish and JW Pratt like this.
  9. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

When I empty my pockets I put everything into a desktop valet. If I am traveling, I bring a diplomat organizer that I can place everything into when I empty my pockets. It ensures I do not leave a flashlight or tool underneath a hotel bed or in the woods.

10. Eagle Scout
    • In Omnia Paratus

Eagle Scout Loaded Pockets

Great question! Flashlight, knife, pen, lip balm on the night stand. Reload in the AM.

11. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I have a simple stationery organiser tray on the bedside table.
    it holds my wallet etc.
    i also have a clear bit of perspex for my lights to stand on, the novatac flashes once every three seconds, and the perspex conducts it, and shows where all the lights are.

you know your a flashaholic/EDCnut if your nightstand contains Surefire M4, M3, 5mega 18650 body, U2, L2, A2, L4, G2, 6P, Inova T3, SL Ultra Stinger, Novatac EDC 120P
    along with a Swisstool, Atwood cookie tool, Boker Wharcom, Spyderco Dragonfly, BRKT Necker, BRKT PSK and an empty wallet

Boots 614 and Plexabit like this.
  12. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

As I am retired, I can wear just about anything I want to - generally jeans or cargo pants. I generally carry a keychain in each of my front pockets suspended by a Maxpedition Keeper and an EDCG store key spider. In one pocket I keep a Sebertool M4, a Pico pen, a peanut lighter, a Spyderco Ladybug and Native (loose in pocket) a stainless steel whistle, military tick tweezers,a Suunto Comet compass, and a few keys. In the other pocket, on a similar setup with the addition of a Civilian Labs gear retractor for house keys, I carry my car remote, pill fob with 3 days of meds, a Fenix E01, my most used keys attached to the gear retractor, and my cell phone. I also wear medical dog tags with a Fenix EOD. I wear my clothes until I go to bed. I take them off and put them on the floor beside the bed, pockets still full. That way, if I have to get up and go in a hurry, I just put on my pants and shoes and shirt if I have time. Get my Sig and glasses off the nightstand and I'm ready to rock and roll. When I take a shower in the morning, I switch everything to a clean pair of pants and go another day.

mizedog likes this.
  13. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

I throw my pocket dump in a boonie hat. I can grab the chin strap and carry it ala "bucket" style if need be. I do want to eventually get one of those Maxped trays...just a matter of time. And money :)

smokingfish likes this.
  14. Sirvive

Sirvive Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I got this for a birthday gift from my wife. I keep it on the kitchen counter. Looks great and is very functional.
    All my EDC stuff gets thrown in here at the end of the day including: Fox 40 Dolfin whistle, SAK Farmer, LM Squirt P4, Maxpedition wallet.

Plus, elephants are my favorite animal!

smokingfish and Knightrock like this.
  15. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

Currently I just have a generic metal cash box I dump everything in. However, I plan on moving to a 3 stage plan. 1) A Pelican box for my lights/knifes/multi-tools 2) a watch box / display box 3) my existing metal box for everything else. This way, I don't have to root around, and I know where everything is. I'm horrible at organizing, I loose everything, so I figure this is a solid plan.

smokingfish likes this.
  16. bigfatton

bigfatton Loaded Pockets

I have a crappy little 3 compartment valet I got from Ross a while back. It works well enough though, was only a few bucks

17. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

I don't empty my pockets until I change into my PJs (and even then I carry my knife), even if I'm going to be in the house all day (I don't carry a lot in my pockets). When I do empty my pockets, I put it all in a Ziplock bag. Classy, I know. ;)

18. robbyy

robbyy Loaded Pockets

I use a small wooden bowl I bought at a street market in South Africa. The problem is that I have a new puppy, so now I am EDC'ing dog treats. He has been eyeballing the bowl as an ancillary food source since day one!

Justinicus and smokingfish like this.
  19. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

A small wooden dresser valet / charging station. It has a place to put my watch, charge my phone, store a couple of knives along with my credit card holder, keys, flashlight, pen and pocket tool. Small enough that I can pack it in bag if traveling.

smokingfish likes this.
  20. Corbs

Corbs Loaded Pockets

I place it on a sort of neoprene sticky backed pad by my bed, stops it rolling away and protects it.

Does anyone think there'd be a market for custom EDC storage trays?

jdub4key likes this.