1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you EDC in your car?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Sly, May 22, 2016.

1. Sly

Sly Loaded Pockets

That bow sounds awesome! Happen to have a link?

2. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

There is quite a few different options for survival bows.. a quick google of "folding recurve bow" will bring up most of them. Unless you have cash to throw away or know your draw length and draw weight I suggest you visit your local archery club and have a trial of a few different bows.

Sly likes this.
  3. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

You can get a good quality take down recurve.

Sent by owl post.

4. Sly

Sly Loaded Pockets

I have a few pistols, so I'm in no rush, but a survival bow for the bug out kit is a great idea. I already have a few short recurve bows from my grand father, I need to get one strung and practice with it and see if I actually want to consider it for bugging out

WillAdams likes this.
  5. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

The Seefab gets mentioned here and there — one basic link: http://scottisharcherycentre.co.uk/museum.htm

Wouldn’t want to keep a fiberglass / wooden recurve in a vehicle due to the heat causing delamination.

There’s one which is made of aluminum extrusion, which is too unattractive to me to consider — really want a Seefab since they look nice, shoot quite well (as I mentioned, I’m quite jealous of a friend who has one) and have some history, and being two pieces, would address a lacunae in my collection—I’ve got one piece bows, and three-piece takedowns, but need a two-piece (and yes, I also have bows in 20--70# draw weights in ten pound increments).

Sly likes this.
  6. Balicorn74

Balicorn74 Empty Pockets

In my van there is :

- a folding bed with always a mattress and a blanket
    - the tool box which came with my van
    - 2 tarpaulins
    - 2 small straps + 2 heavy duty straps
    - 30m climbing rope
    - a big flashlight (with spares batteries)
    - an empty 2L liter bottle with big bottleneck
    - clothes : work gloves, winter gloves, beanie, gore tex pant, 20K jacket, a spare hoodie

As I always put my EDC bag in my van when I drive it, I keep it simple.

7. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I keep knives, flashlights, an Altoids kit with first aid stuff, a bag that has doggie stuff in it( extra bowls, a leash, poop bags, drying towel), the seat covers I use for the dog, jumper cables, and shovels. This what I can think of, off the top of my head.

8. TankTop5

TankTop5 Loaded Pockets

50lb bag of ice melt and 50lb bag of salt, an E-tool, 2 24 packs of bottled water, a couple hundred rounds of 9mm/45/223/7.62, first aid kit, blanket and a backpack that's always with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

Off the top of my head:
    In the front area: First aid kit, powder fire extinguisher, ice scraper, satnav, old aa maglite with led conversion

In the boot:
    tool kit with sockets, screwdrivers, spanner, jump leads
    Emergency bag with chemlights, hazard warning triangle, gloves, rope, high vis jacket
    Overnight bag with sleeping bag, wash kit, spare clothes.

10. mrsleeve

mrsleeve Loaded Pockets

Well depends on what I am driving for the day. My normal DD has more stuff in it that is healthy, but then again a normal day might put me 3 hours into the back country on the lonely end of a seldom traversed logging road whilst out exploring...... Its somewhat evolving, but has been this for a while for the most part especially since its now mostly in a drawer cabinet set up as opposed to totes and bags

In the back of the of the FZJ80
    nearly a full tool set-
    Met/Std drive tools in 1/4, 3/8, & 1/2 inch drives, Torx bits, 2' breaker, a 2 1/8 socket for hub nuts, Met deep wells, Plethora of extensions, adapters universals and wobblies. Full set of Met combo end wrenches, common Met/Std ratcheting wrenches, 10 and 12 inch Crescent wrenches, Strap and chain wrench. Pliers of most verities, vicegrips, snap-ring and channel locks. Screw divers including a couple J.I.S. (Japanese Industry standard). Couple of punches, drift pins, door card tool, razor knife or 2, Allen keys, Big Orange dead blow mallet, 10oz ball peen and 16 oz framing, hack saw, folding wood/hunting/brush saw, OLD multi-meter, somehow a flaring tool ended up in there, couple small drill bits, and 3 or 4 common sized tap/dies, tire plug tools and supplies, 2 wheel chalks. and 12 ton bottle jack, grease gun, laser temp gun, machete and in the winter small scoop shovel. Sometimes a Pulaski or single bit axe, and short digging spade if I think I might need them tossed in for good measure

Spare/supplies- Rad cap, Tstat , set of new fan/assy belts, Fuses in mini and blade, couple common relays, few feet of 12ga wire, crimp connectors, hub flange gaskets, hub flange and wheel studs and hardware, old beat up but good spare front spindle, 1 set front and rear wheel bearings, and associated gaskets and seals to do one side, Couple tubes of gasket maker, little bit of gasket material and little bit of sheet copper for high temp gaskets if needed, Set of drive belts, couple lug nuts, few of the most common sized nuts and bolts on my rig, quart of engine and trans oils, can of penetrating lube, Small tubs of Wheel bearing grease and Birfield grease, Zip ties, baling wire, Nitrile goves, Mechs gloves and leather gloves, 2qt clean empty container (for draining into or portaging liquids), hand cleaner, supper glue, self tapping screws, couple nails some 550 cord, DUCT TAPE, Red and blue loctite, spare batteries (AA, AAA, 9v, cr123a,) some bottled water, high calorie snack food, and a few other minor odds and ends .

Recovery Gear- 26k lb Snatch rope, 30' Tow strap, 10' tow strap, 3/4" pin shackles, Snatch block, 30ish feet of winch cable extension (from when I recabled my winch), some spare cable repair stuff, some bungies, couple 1" straps and a few other things that might be handy

Soft goods- Up in the attic rack (inside near ceiling of rig in cargo area) Wool blanket (big and small) 2 cheap Harbor Freight moving blankets, jacket, sweat shirt, hat, towels, change of clothes, stuff like that. Edit: Forgot I have a fly rod and a few flies stashed up there too :)

Up in the center console, door pockets etc. Pistol of the day or week, note pad, pen/pencil, head light, flash light, basic OBDII scan tool, 1st aid kit, cheapo set of 8x32 binocs, cheapo calculator, sunglasses etc...

I know it sounds like a lot, and it is, and I take good care of this rig, and dont really "wheel" it much most everything is I do decent F/S roads, or logging 2 tracks but still VERY REMOTE and you never know what your might run into way out in BFE a days walk from cell range. Or who might need help, we have yanked people form ditches/snow banks, given them lug nuts, helped fix broken stuff, and always ask if anyone needs help when they look distressed in the back country.

My truck/truck has a very basic hand tool set, recovery set up, and blankets and warm/change of clothes quart of oil and bottle of diesel fuel additive flash light pen and notebook. Very rarely am I going to be too far out of range of help with it. Wifes unit AAA card, a blanket, and what ever else she keeps in her bag lol.

Last edited by mrsleeve, Aug 24, 2016
  11. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Just got a new car, so not much, trying to keep it tidy.

But I did put in my FAK, mints, lighters, sunglasses in the console.
    The back, I have my bob (goruck gr1), my work bag (gr0), sleeping bag, folding chairs, and busse team Gemini.

Getting a dog seat cover to keep my dogs from jumping in the front seat or scratching the leather.

[​IMG]

Last edited by smokingfish, Nov 11, 2016
  12. TMW89

TMW89 Loaded Pockets

Recently added a kel tec sub2k to my truck. Just sits in a back pack along with a first aid kit, knife, rain jacket, etc

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Gary Gross likes this.
  13. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

If the vehicle pictured is the "new car" you mentioned in your post, it's not a "car".
    (Jeep on!)

smokingfish likes this.
  14. smokingfish

Yeah it's habit!

15. Patski

Patski Loaded Pockets

well! I was looking at the new threads and I saw this one, so Why not!

I drive a little Kia Rio 5 (that I hate) to work every days, here what I need to carry up in the north!

Jumper Cables
    Blanky
    Traction Aids
    Melting Salt
    Shovel
    Flash Light
    Compressor
    Straps or a big Rope
    Candle
    I usually have a knife and a Bic in the glove compartment

I usually have some kind of gloves, insulated in winter and regular in summer

a pair of boots, again different in summer than winter

and winter pants, just in case I get stuck somewhere and need to walk in a snow storm... If I go on a long ride, snow shoes even!

WillAdams likes this.
  16. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Going by the news etc I'd say that the majority of UK vehicle owners don't have anything like what's on the lists in this thread. Lol

Winter is upon us, if we get a bit of snow this season I bet that some fools will still jump in their vehicles without having the basics, a coat, blanket, shovel etc.

17. yangofcalifornia

yangofcalifornia Loaded Pockets

I keep a sleeping bag, movers blankets, a foldable fishing seat, and toilet paper in the trunk. My edc bag (gr1) goes in trunk with flashlight, multi tool, knife. I keep a cb radio in the glove compartment. Not for any reason other than it's an old piece of gear I have and would otherwise sit in a closet. I've tried using it and no one uses cb anymore. I guess who knows in the event of a natural disaster.

18. smokingfish

Going on a few days trip into sedona az in about a month.
    I really feel like I would ok with my edc, other than extra blankets and tent.
    I will be getting a new one box, but that isn't edc.

19. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

A makeshift home.

[​IMG]

20. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I have a full trauma kit and a get home bag, which got a lot smaller when my commute to work became 10 minutes over very flat terrain. I also have a fire extinguisher and a small shovel.