1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

what do you drive? (pics prefered)

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Nex~gen, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Chris Gonzo

Chris Gonzo Loaded Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I live in our work trucks until winter But my to and from daily driver is my '99 jeep

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Kev2488 and MedusaOblongata like this.
  2. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

We have three. Wife drives this 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium.

[​IMG]

And I alternate between my 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport...

[​IMG]

Or my JDM 1990 HZJ77 Land Cruiser.

[​IMG]

TheKojack, GaryMc, JC807 and 7 others like this.
  3. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

Your lineup makes me quite jealous.

ran23 likes this.
  4. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

Took a long time to get where we are, still have more work to do. Have been documenting my progress on TacomaWorld and Ih8Mud.

5. CV801

CV801 Loaded Pockets

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. CV801

CV801 Loaded Pockets

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

[​IMG]

aloxide likes this.
  7. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

8. Arjosy

Arjosy Loaded Pockets

9. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

I finally got rid of my extremely unreliable, uncomfortable and much hated 2013 F150. I snagged a beautifully clean, low mileage 2005 Toyota Tundra for a steal of a price to replace it. I'm in love with this truck. LOL

Here's a pic from it's first mud bath during a long range rifle competition we attended a couple weeks ago.

[​IMG]

Kev2488, GaryMc, Henryhoover and 4 others like this.
  10. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

You sir, have impeccable taste. Is that a pop up camper on the Taco? If so, what kind?

11. JC807

JC807 Loaded Pockets

did you import it from Australia?

12. jester8798

jester8798 Loaded Pockets

@Palehorse1 that is awesome!

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

13. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

Mostly these days I ride.

[​IMG]

Still getting it outfitted, and learning a bit about what's new in bikes (which is a lot since I was riding).

• Ventura Universal Bicycle Carrier Rack
    • Avenir Metro Panniers (1,380 Cubic-Inch Capacity)
    • Avenir Bigmouth Velcro Seat Bag (Small- 27 Cubic Inches) — discontinued
    • Cygolite Metro 400 Hot Shot USB Combo Lights (front and rear)
    • Montague kickstand (actually a Greenfield KS2B), Greenfield kickstand rubber foot
    • Origin8 Amica Bell―want to get an Oi bicycle bell
    • Ivation Multi-Function Bicycle Speaker
    • molle frame bag w/ small bags attached to it―need to cover up the logo patches (on the other side)
    • moved the front reflector off the handlebars, down to the stem using a rear reflector seat post bracket (Thanks again Holmes Cycling & Fitness!)
    • cheap flask from Five Below, and aluminum bottle cage cold-formed to hold it

Bought a cheap lock, but it’s a folder, so keep it at my desk, but need to get a better one.
    Still need to work out a tool kit―did get a VAR triple spoke wrench, and thinking about getting my Fix-it-Sticks from my laptop bag.
    Also want a seat post rack boss adapter and fenders (or a Montague Rackstand―wish they were available for sale)

Kev2488, Palehorse1 and usk15 like this.
  14. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

15. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

Thank you, I spent allot of time planning and researching parts and their specs before I actually bought the truck. The FlipPac camper shell on the truck doesn't pop up, but rather hinges open from the front torsion bar. The lid rotates 180° towards the front over the cab, and when it does it deploys the tent canopy with it and what was the inside of the lid, now becomes the full size bed. It's really slick and my explanation doesn't do it justice, so here is a video from the dealer I bought mine from.

There is a new camper shell that is similar out right now being made by the same people who sold me the FlipPac that I have now. It's called the AT Habitat and instead of opening to the front, it opens to the rear and has no torsion bar. I'm pretty keen to replace mine with it but want to wait until the second generation arrives before I invest. If you are interested, you can read more details about the upgrades I've made to the Tacoma in this thread.

This Land Cruiser is actually a Japanese domestic market model and was imported by Land Cruisers DIrect. Another person bought it from them and then spent the time and money to give it a refresh and add the armor and bar work. Once he lost interest in it he traded it back in to Land Cruisers DIrect for a different Land Cruiser. After my purchase I added the Hutchinson dual beadlock wheels and the Cooper tires, as well as the LED headlamps and off-road lights, and of course an old Australian license plate that I have had for awhile until my state issued plates arrived.

Thank you, my wife wanted a Subaru at first, but then we went on a wheeling trip with some friends and one of them brought their 4Runner and she got to drive it for a bit, that changed her mind.

16. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Awesome! Thanks for the info. That looks like it would work almost perfectly for my uses. I'll have to look into them and start saving up for one.:D

Kev2488 likes this.
  17. XCarbonSteelx

XCarbonSteelx Loaded Pockets

Here is my daily ride, 2015 Yamaha FZ-07:

[​IMG]

18. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

So, I did a thing today, and finally pulled the trigger on something ive been wanting to do for a long time.

[​IMG]
    2009 gmc sierra 2500hd
    28k on the clock, clean one owner carfax, no rust of any sort.Honestly, I thought it was newer when I first saw it, looks like they bought it and just never used it.

Its a base model work truck, with a typical work truck interior. (surprisingly, no burns in seats, or filth embedded in everything)
    Thats what I wanted - I want a truck to feel like a truck, not a caddy. I dont need leather, chrome and all the latest gadgets.
    AC, heat, and a radio is plenty.

I also wanted a flat bed, because I like the versatility it offers.

I would have preferred a regular cab and manual trans, but for what I paid I can live with this one.

Changes planned: Undercoat the whole thing and linex the bed. Replace front bumper for one with a winch mount. Mount a jobox in the back, with a hilift jack, 2 jerry cans, and the spare tire.
    Other than that, its going to stay pretty much unmolested. Going to primarily be my daily, occasionally tow my jeep and once a month itll get a camper on the back.

19. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

jda: Nice; but to just use for daily commuting I don't think I'd want your fuel bill. Just guessing!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Kev2488 likes this.
  20. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

New 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro I got 2 weeks ago today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sitting next to my 2002 Chevy Tahoe which has been an amazing car, 225,000 miles and no problems.

[​IMG]