1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

what do you drive? (pics prefered)

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Nex~gen, Aug 12, 2009.

1. KLF

KLF Loaded Pockets

Now it makes a lot more sense to me. (In another forum) some other guys also said that they got a mustangs while in college and to me getting a 30k (used), up to 85k (new) car sounded a bit much. Back then when I was a schoolboy my daily driver was this:
    [​IMG]
    I don't know the exchange rate (it was early 90's before Euro currency was invented) but I'd say 5-6k might be close. Of course back then that was only 7 years old so it was practically new :D

I've never bought a car as new, the tax system takes care of that: slap insane rates on any car and for the sportier and more powerful ones even more. I could buy a new car but it would not be something I'd like to drive or own so I'll rather buy something that the previous owner has paid the premium for.

Roger, Brtsmpsn, Merc and 1 other person like this.
  2. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

Does Finland have the 180% tax on top of the price as Danes have ? Or how much is the Finnish tax ?

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  3. mephistophilis

mephistophilis Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Experience is a cruel teacher. It gives a test before presenting the lesson.

Roger, Brtsmpsn, Merc and 3 others like this.
  4. KLF

KLF Loaded Pockets

It's not a set amount and has varied from time to time. For last decade it has come gradually down, especially when used cars are considered. Now there is speculation that it would be removed totally in 2016 for cars under certain co2 amount.

As of today it is fixed 10% for customs fee and actual vehicle tax that depends on CO2 emissions (between 5% to 50%). Then 24% of VAT is calculated on top of that (taxing the tax, way to go..). I think it works like that but I'm having a brain meltdown after reading these websites.

Oh yea. Fun fact from my history and trying to keep on topic ;) That Nissan I pictured earlier... at that time it cost me same as a -65 mustang would have but I chose the newer car for practicality reasons. Stupid me.

Brtsmpsn and Gallows like this.
  5. Ralys

Ralys Loaded Pockets

I do know people my age who have brand new mustangs (~$35k) but it's always payed for by daddy's money.

Brtsmpsn and Gallows like this.
  6. BronxIron

BronxIron Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Harley 883 Iron with Road King shocks and a solo seat. I originally wanted the black denim color, but I loved the ember sunglow with its metal flake when I saw it.

7. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I recently bought a turbo forester. I'm actually a huge fan except for how slowly it crawls away from a stop...but your first automatic transmission in a quarter million miles will do that to you...at least their CVT is less annoying than all the other horrible automatics I drove. I just have to remember to push all the gas wasting buttons before I drive in traffic.

My wife also loves it, so it'll probably be her car fairly soon...and I'll be back to working a clutch soon enough. I'm seriously thinking about an STi. I forgot how much I liked Subarus.

c99camper and Brtsmpsn like this.
  8. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

9. swamptart

swamptart Loaded Pockets

I drive this, I have no real reason to own it, I never off road, I live in London, my girlfriend said I f I want it I should get it.....

[​IMG]

Also I would like to add: I look at all the awesome trucks and cars you Yanks can drive and cry a little inside, if you had to pay $10 a gallon would you still drive them? I spend £60 on diesel, this also makes me cry. :mad:

Last edited by swamptart, Jul 18, 2015
    deeker, malraux72, Roger and 6 others like this.
  10. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

I don't have to pay $10 a gallon but I don't get much better than 10 miles per gallon. I also drive a minimum of 250 miles a week so I can sympathize.

swamptart, Brtsmpsn and vegassprky like this.
  11. Mojoe

Mojoe Loaded Pockets

Just bought a 2001 Toyota Tacoma yesterday. V6 with a 5 speed manual and 4WD.

[​IMG]

Foxwalk, Roger, lucas760 and 6 others like this.
  12. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

2008 Dodge Dakota SXT.

Just picked this up last fall. Traded in my 2000 Dakota when I realized that I couldn't fit a baby seat in the extended cab and therefore needed a crew cab as of February when I became a dad. Also used that opportunity to finally get myself a 4X4. ;)

This is my third Dakota and if they brought'em back I'd happily buy a fourth. Great little trucks for both getting around tight city streets and parking garages or hauling through the country. Best of both worlds!

[​IMG]

Roger, vegassprky, Merc and 1 other person like this.
  13. RGRAY

RGRAY Loaded Pockets

I drive a 2006 330xi BMW, Sparkling Graphite/Terra/Walnut Burl/Steptronic auto./Sports Package/Heated Seats/Comfort Access...(blacklines, tinted glass and a black grill).
    In 2006 the E90 model came out which is considerably larger than the earlier models.
    I keep it because if I bought another car, it would be another 330xi (335xi) BMW.
    The car still rides like new less then 80.000 miles on it and I just put new tires on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Serena, Roger, Jeckyl1978 and 4 others like this.
  14. DEERLORD

DEERLORD Loaded Pockets

Only picture I have on hand, my edc bag follows me in and out so all that really stays in her is a very small organizer with extreme emergencies supplies (water purifiers, storm matches, etc.), my mora companion which I use for work otherwise I would probably have picked a different fixed blade, a 4D maglite converted to LED with a glass breaker tail, beveled lens ring, and baton grip, and a small tool box with the bare essentials, 12v Milwaukee, gloves, measure tape, etc. Oh and whatever the Girlfriend drags in there and I haven't taken back out yet ;)

[​IMG]

15. nine204

nine204 Loaded Pockets

16. astrocreep96
    • In Omnia Paratus

astrocreep96 EDC Junkie

Bought this today, somewhat on a whim. I had checked out this FJ about a month ago but I thought their asking price was too high and they weren't interested in haggling. Well, the weeks went by and I saw the price start to drop. Weird cancellations at work this morning left me with nothing to do, so I checked their website to see they had dropped the price again! I called them up and jumped on it, I'm stoked!!

It's a 2012 4wd, 5 speed auto. It has just about everything except a sunroof and roof rack. 35,000 miles and it looks pristine, even the undercarriage looks squeaky clean. I'm going to order an OEM roof rack as well as a stubby antenna tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Stammoss, Foxwalk, Excalseras and 6 others like this.
  17. Jeckyl1978

Jeckyl1978 Loaded Pockets

This is our Family ride here in Holland [​IMG]
    A 2004 audi A4 3.0 Quattro

deeker, Serena, kye4some and 5 others like this.
  18. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

Rollerskate; Hey it's tactical inside---35mpg

[​IMG]DSCF0136 by T-W, on Flickr

Roger likes this.
  19. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

No.

Last summer on my honeymoon, we rented a 1-series diesel to drive around Scotland for a day. When I saw the price of gas, I had a little heart attack. But, it got such great gas mileage, it worked out okay...I think it was like 50-60 quid for the day...but it was worth it. For a vacation.

If I lived in London, I doubt I would own a car.

Fwiw, though, not all of the big cars get terrible gas mileage. My old 3 series got like 17mpg when I sold it. The new turbo Forrester is faster (more power, more torque, and a couple hundred pounds lighter) and gets like 26mpg for my lots-of-traffic inner-city average and close to 40mpg on road trips. And that's with it in sport mode literally all of the time except on the highway and using it's adaptive cruise control. (I don't get on with automatic transmissions, but there wasn't a manual available for any of the cars that made the most sense...suvaru's CVT at least only feels like turbo lag instead of not being in control)

It's also faster and gets better mileage than my wife's mini.

But, if I lived in a city with real public transit (like the tube), I wouldn't drive a car all the time. I'd want to put the money into something like a super7 kit car to have fun with on weekends.

c99camper and vegassprky like this.
  20. Badillac

Badillac Loaded Pockets

My daily driver. Not too worried about gas mileage obviously.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

c99camper, deeker, gemini and 10 others like this.