1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

what do you drive? (pics prefered)

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Nex~gen, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Nex~gen

Nex~gen Empty Pockets

What do you guys drive

And what you keep in your vehicle.
    This is my daily driver, I keep a small BOB, an extra change of clothes.
    [​IMG]

Sphero likes this.
  2. Nex~gen

Nex~gen Empty Pockets

Re: What do you guys drive

And I would love to have one of this
    [​IMG]
    Saw it on the freeway :roof:

3. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

A Ford Transit van, this forum is not big enough to list all the crap I keep in my van, it serves as my carpentry workshop when on site so it has everything I think I might have to use. There is nothing worse than having to stop work and go back to my workshop for one stupid tool.
    I also have an old Honda NX125 commuter/trailee possibly the worst bike Honda ever made but keeps on going

Rizzle O likes this.
  4. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

2004 Toyota Sienna AWD......oh yeah for those rough Ohio winters. I love my van!

5. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

2003 Mercury Mountaineer. Gotta love the AWD when there is snow and ice around. Has a nice number of hidey holes for gear as well!

6. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

2007 Toyota 4Runner/ Hilux Surf, Sport V6, part time 4x4. 4 liter V6 was 15.2 MPG, now 17 MPG with simple mod. wish it had more storage space.

7. willofgod

willofgod Empty Pockets

An RX8 Shinka.... what?

I also own a 70 LandRover in case of zombie invasion.

Spydieman13 likes this.
  8. MSL_MAN

MSL_MAN Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

My current daily driver. A sweet Polaris Ranger 6X6.

9. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I'm driving a 99 Camry. I've added a trailer hitch so I can pull my tent trailer along.

10. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

2002 Ford Excursion, 4x4, diesel... 330,000 miles on it, Banks everything, Rancho suspension, Warn winch, ARB bumper/brush guard and lockers

My wife drives an 83 Mercedes 300SD with close to 600K on it. 26MPG at 80MPH on the interstate with the AC going. The only maintenance it's had aside from tires/brakes/shocks/battery is a rebuilt trans (some idiot put the wrong fluid in it before I owned it), and the injectors and injector pump replaced (with rebuilts). German engineering is insane. I work on it myself, and find moments of sheer elegance compounded by absolute stupidity; like a custom (i.e. not even standard metric thread) wingnut/spring combo that holds the top on the power steering reservoir, that HAS to be on to drive the vehicle (or all the fluid will splash out on the second turn). Good thing MBZ still has good parts availability, when I lost the wingnut the local dealer had a new one for me the next day, for $0.84. Somebody paid at least $15 for Fedex delivery, too. I just wish the cruise control actually worked, even with complete OEM replacement modules it only works for a short while, then shorts out...

I also have two pick ups (F250, F450) that are 4x4, diesel at home. The 250 is the utility vehicle for the 'ranch', the F450 is a dual rear wheel tow vehicle for the 5th wheels. They both have replacement fuel tanks for more capacity, and 90-gallon cross-bed fuel and tool box tank combos. The Excursion doesn't, it only holds 44 gallons. When I worked in Los Angeles and lived in Arizona I'd carry a couple 5-gallon cans of diesel for enough range to get home from work (if needed). The trucks all have Rancho suspension, Banks performance equipment, and winches added.

All the Fords have the 7.3L Powerstroke engines, automatic transmissions, manual 4x4, and dual alternators/batteries. I run Evans NPG+ waterless coolant and Mobil-1 (or Delvac) synthetics in everything. The Fords also have remote transmission filters which get changed the same time the crankcase oil does (I just top up the trans then, and change the fluid every 30K miles). I do engine oil (and trans/coolant) analysis on each change. Thanks to the ARB air lockers I have a compressor in each vehicle, and I added a Xantrex 1800 inverter/charger to the pickups. They get plugged in to keep the batteries charged, but I also can run 120VAC power from the vehicle. In the winter the engine block heaters get plugged in - I have battery heaters for the F450, too, when we visit her folks (N. Ontario, Canada) in the winter time.

I have a 'farm tank' of diesel at home, so I stock up when it's cheap, and stabilize the fuel with PRI-D and Priocide. Never had a problem with it.

In addition to the 5th wheels, I have regular class 5 hitches on the Fords, and a class-3 on the 300D. A bit of overkill there, but a friend did it for free.

Each vehicle has Optima batteries (the MBZ only has one, the X has two, the trucks have four),an alarm system, GPS (Garmin Nuvi 750/760), remote starters, complete BoB for the designated driver, a fairly complete medical bag, a 2A10B:C fire extinguisher, a reflector set, medium sized ice chest, fluids, blankets, hand tools, pioneer tools including a full size shovel, ax, bow saw, hi-lift jack and Pulaski fire tool, jumper cables, water, food, and a multi-band (HF/2 meter/440) radio with HF tuner, and installed and spare antennas. My X normally has a very much more complete medical bag, medical oxygen/airway set, splint set, rescue rope set, my SAR 72 hour bag, SAR Incident Commander kit, and an ARB 12vdc refrigerator that the drugs from the medical bag stays in.

The BoB's and SAR bag get refreshed every 6 months, and the perishables in every vehicle get refreshed then too. Generally on daylight savings time weekend (or thereabouts).

11. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I used to drive a Sebring Convertable....

Now I walk....no car or truck :p

Ironside likes this.
  12. spyguy

spyguy Loaded Pockets

that looks like a Unimog it is the ultimate in 4x4, pretty popular in my province (BC) alot of hardcore hunters have em
    the customizations are endless for them as well

13. kanis mesomelas

kanis mesomelas Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

my '76 Zundapp

[​IMG]

my '83 Land rover

14. Nex~gen

Nex~gen Empty Pockets

That is a thing of beauty O0

15. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

1990 Mazda Miata - warm weather daily driver, all around fun summer car, occasional autocross use
    2005 Mini Cooper - occasional daily driver, weekend autocross use
    2001 Mustang Bullitt - garage queen, fun weekend car
    2008 Mustang GT - trip car (without kids), date car, fun weekend car
    2007 Subaru Forester XT - wife's daily driver, family car, winter beater

All five have manual transmissions, and all are a blast to drive in one way or another. I'm pretty much done with boring transportation appliances, I love to drive, and having a fun car to do it in makes the drive that much better. Our family (the kids are 5 and 6), just got back from a 3840 mile, 6 day trip out west which included the Grand Canyon, Utah, Colorado, and about half of the historic Route 66.

I keep a BOB of sorts in the Subaru which has several days change of clothing, toiletries, a FAK, and other misc gear in it, and each car has two flashlights, a knife, a Leatherman multiplier tool, and a pen and paper in it. I'm not a fan of having a car interior or trunk full of all kinds of crap, so I typically just keep the gear list in each one pretty minimal.

16. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

I roughly know of your financial situation, but when you're back on your feet a bit better, have you thought of a quality second-hand bike?

I wish I could rely on just a bike, but this city isn't a good place to just use one. :/ Plus, with distances involved with my current situation in life (i.e. University), it's not practical yet. :/

Anyway, to answer the question, I have a nice 2001 Honda Accord I do drive, though; it has enough space for me to almost entirely move what I need down to University and back, and it's a very reliable car.

17. indabayou

indabayou Loaded Pockets

96 GMC 1500 128,000 miles on it,2005 JEEP WRANGLER with 11,800 miles.

18. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

08 Cannondale Lefty Rush with 54,060 on the odometer-not really-

I don't have a license right now, due to being a dumb bum in the past, but when I do get it I drive a 2000 Chevy Cavailier Z24 with some light mods.

I'm also working on a 78 Chevy Chevette- AKA Ecovette....with 08 Pontiac Solstic Engine & Trans-260 Turbcharged HP! Rear wheel drive still too.

And 2 Kawasaki Motorcycles, '73 90cc. turned into a chopper and a '78? 100cc. turn "Board-track Racer"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eklipsis, Ironside, Cdunbar29 and 3 others like this.
  19. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

Dude is that really a custom slammed Chevette?? :lolhammer:

It's a joke right?

20. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I did all that work as a joke.
    :rolleyes:

No I did it becouse I knew it would be the most unexpected car to whoop some :censored: with! :evil:

Guido Nova and smoakie976 like this.