1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

what do you drink from..reusable bottles/canteens

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by twogunmojo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

[​IMG]

This is a Klean Kanteen I picked up at Powell's Books while on a trip to Oregon. I like it quite a lot and it follows me everywhere I go. I even drink from it at home.

tmedina and ParTimeBourne like this.
  2. Judson Smith

Judson Smith Loaded Pockets

I carry a Liberty Bottle Works 24oz bottle with me everywhere I go, I drink from it at home also.

Lou_G likes this.
  3. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

I have Klean Kanteen is several sizes and styles. I also have a glass LifeFactory bottle. I must say the Lifefactory Bottle may be my favorite. It's the one I use most often. There is just something about glass. Even though they say the SS bottles don't leach, it does have a metallic taste every now and again. I now only use the Klean Kanteen when doing something rugged.

Holliday

4. GQP

GQP Loaded Pockets

I own Klean Kanteens, Vapur bottles, GI Canteens, Nalgene Bottles, CamelBaks and probably a dozen other containers. They are all great, but the one that claims the EDC title is a cheap $5 steel bottle I found at the drug store 5 years ago.

[​IMG]

Its concave shape allowed for the perfect paracord wrap which added some insolation (for hands). My wife soon asked me to make her one. It has been a true EDC and it shows from all the dings and scrapes.
    [​IMG]

5. Per Arne

Per Arne Loaded Pockets

Usually i use;
    1. Klean Kanteen stainless 20oz insulated bottle with CapCap that stays in my car...
    2. Klean Kanteen stainless 40oz bottle with GSI stainless 18oz Cup/Mug, that also stays in my car...
    3. Hydro Flask stainless 18oz insulated bottle (just ordered) to have in my backpack...
    4. MSR stainless Alpine 25.4oz bottle...

Last edited by Per Arne, Apr 12, 2014
  6. Swedish169

Swedish169 Loaded Pockets

I recently bought a 2nd kleen canteen. solid build, like the feel, no compliants.

7. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I've been wanting a nicer water bottle but haven't researched one.

For the moment I use reuse many water bottles from fuji or smart. Their bottles seem durable for reuse and a nice size.

8. Tipper_Tom

Tipper_Tom Loaded Pockets

I have a very old Sigg water bottle that I've used since school (I'm 33 now), a bestek no spill mug/flask for tea and an old engraved silver hip flask for single malting with :)

If I drive it fast enough it'll go in there, but that would be expensive

Class 1 drivers do it longer and slower.

Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Riding the night horse since 2002

She's not leaking oil, she's sweating power.

9. CootShooter

CootShooter Loaded Pockets

I have this stainless steel bottle in the Jeep and camping:
    [​IMG]

And this for carrying for work/golf/gym/daily activities.
    [​IMG]

tmedina likes this.
  10. WruceBillis

WruceBillis Loaded Pockets

I have the 40 ounce klean canteen with the sport cap which is just awesome, if you didn't try the 3.0 sport cap go buy one!

11. Torpedo Vegas

Torpedo Vegas Loaded Pockets

So can you throw it in your bag/seat and not worry about it or will it leak?

12. Mazinkaiser

Mazinkaiser Loaded Pockets

I use a Klean Kanteen 16oz Thermos, 20oz Thermos and a 40oz standard water bottle.

I use the two different sizes depending on what bag I am carrying. The pics shown below have the 16oz in the small bag and the 20oz in the large.
    I also use the flip top cap thing (I dont know the name) vs the standard cap you see on the large 40oz. The only reason is to reduce the size of the bottle so it fits into the bags I carry.

I use the thermos version because cold stays cold for a long time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Ironside

Ironside Loaded Pockets

I only use insulated steel bottles pictured here with a tiffin lunch container.
    The left one is a regular thermos with cap cup which is necessary as half the year is below zero outside.
    [​IMG]

14. docer
    • In Omnia Paratus

docer Loaded Pockets

My Nalgene and GSI fairshare mug addiction is now public! Also when at home i drink out of Ball jars, its the farm kid in me.

[​IMG]

15. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]

The triple insulated Eco Vessel is the one I use the most, but when it's too heavy I go with the Nalgene. My 3L pressurize-able Geigerrig is only used icw. my backpack. I usually carry it empty though, as it takes up a lot of space in my already full pack. It's mostly a water-container for in the camp. I also got some cheap 0,5L Vapur bags recently, which are mainly intended as back-ups for the 3L bladder or as a light weight carry system for short hikes/drives.

16. WruceBillis

WruceBillis Loaded Pockets

It seems like it, I've had it on its side before when full and its air grommet thinger didn't leak on me.

17. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

What's the purpose of being able to pressurize the bladder? I haven't seen anything like that before.

18. Papa Lima

Papa Lima Loaded Pockets

I just saw one of these hydration bags at a local Marshall's. Its pressured so you can share water between teammates (spartan race approved), clean things off, give water to pets, or to just spray in your mouth as opposed to sucking. There's 2 chambers, one is for air and the other for water.

It came with a book with free ski lift passes, or buy 1 get 1 passes.

Sent from the International Space Station

19. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Bought this today - a silicon fold flat mug - holds 480ml
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Its my new cup at work, as it folds down and tucks in the corner of my bag, i have started leaving my Camelbak in the car now the weather has cooled off a bit

20. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Apologies for the potato quality picture, but here's my new bottle. Klean Kanteen insulated 592 ml. Hoping I have better luck with this than the last bottle I edc'd, a Contigo insulated bottle that kept leaking. Can't seem to reliably edc a bottle if the water isn't cold so it seems like this is the biggest bottle I can carry.