1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you do? And what do you carry?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Liberteer, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Nim

Nim Loaded Pockets

I'm a process/materials engineer, it's mostly a desk job and my usual carry is a Vic Manager on my keys. I also have a PS4 in my bad, mainly for the pliers.

Some times I also carry a cadet/rambler/kershaw od-2 if I have room and think I'll need it but not often.

Cobra 6 Actual and vegassprky like this.
  2. rsitter

rsitter EDC Junkie!!!!!

i am the super brilliant inventor of the famed Parker Jotter, and i carry nothing but Parker Jotter's throughout the day.

3. NOT-A-FAN

NOT-A-FAN Loaded Pockets

hahaha yeah its not but a couple of months old. the blade coating mixed with the the black handle makes dirt easy to hide and clean though. my orange endura on the other hand only looked good on the first day.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  4. NOT-A-FAN

NOT-A-FAN Loaded Pockets

I think i just found my next knife

Cobra 6 Actual, Liberteer and ect95 like this.
  5. Cody_2ZZ

Cody_2ZZ Loaded Pockets

I'm a writer and a teacher, so most of my time is spent reading and writing, as you can imagine. I carry a Leatherman Squirt PS4 and usually a smaller folder that's legal at both of the campuses I work at. I've been thinking about swapping out the PS4 for a SAK with scissors to see how that works for me, but haven't found the right one yet. Occasionally I carry my Wave but it's kinda overkill.

6. ebekkers79

ebekkers79 Loaded Pockets

I'm in emergency response for the railroad company. We clean up all kinds of train accidents, derailments and things like that. Most of the time when there are no emergency's I'm in the office or doing inspection work on the tracks.

I regularly carry a small sebena insingo, an alox cadet, a small light and a pen. Most of these can be used in every situation I encounter. However I carry a Fenix PD35 and an Opinel Outdoor in my bag, I will use those when I'm at the scene of an accident.

[​IMG]
    Double Dump by Bkkrs, on Flickr

7. lobird91

lobird91 Loaded Pockets

I am an IT system security engineer and an Air Force reservist. I mostly carry my Pazoda or Dragonfly, but my Sebenza and Endura do find their way into the rotation pretty regular.

-Alan

8. Highbinder

Highbinder Loaded Pockets

Manager of a restraunt, I edc a Juice S2 on my keyring (a bit heavy but worth it), I use it surprisingly frequently, had to take apart our dough mixer yesterday because a bolt stripped off into the machine, day before used it to take the side panel off one of our ovens,,

9. fkmtb07

fkmtb07 Loaded Pockets

I'm an engineer for an offshore drilling company and I live in a big city. Most of my time is spent in the office or out around town, so my daily carry is usually just a Vic Bantam. When I head offshore, I bring a Vic Cadet and a Classic. I travel worldwide and have to go through bag inspections and airports/heliports, so I try to keep tools/blades to a minimum.

Cobra 6 Actual and SAKplumber like this.
  10. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

USPS maintenance mechanic. :D (I love my job! Can't you tell by the :censored:-eating grin on my face?) Finally getting to use a lot of the tools I carried for a long time (for incidental use back then) on the job for a change! Surely most of you have seen the pics elsewhere.

Usually some Spyderco or another for belt cutting plus a fully loaded Skinth. Lately it's been the Spyderco Domino or Techno, with an STR-EK in OD green canvas micarta as backup. That lil bugger comes in handy.

11. me_john85

me_john85 Loaded Pockets

A&P Mechanic, Spyderco PM2
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

12. brisboy

brisboy Loaded Pockets

I'm a school Chaplain so am careful about what I have on me at work. I carry a victorinox classic and actually find a use for it almost every day. I wish I could carry a bigger knife but not worth the hassle in this environment.

Sent from my Casio calculator watch. ;p

13. chas353
    • In Omnia Paratus

chas353 Loaded Pockets

I'm a Industrial Maintenance in a molded plastic plant, I carry a couple of Leatherman and a Vic Electrician.

14. mlb0926bm

mlb0926bm Loaded Pockets

im a boatswains mate in the Navy, so i call upon my leatherman, marlinespike, and knife of the day countless times per day. for my tool i just picked up the charge tti, my knives just depend on what i pick up for the day, benchmade barrage, ka-bar mule, crkt m-16, cold steel voyager, only work with bigger blades.

15. fkmtb07

fkmtb07 Loaded Pockets

First off, thank you for your service. Second, since you mention marlinspikes, do you have any experience using the Victorinox version they put on some of their more esoteric models? I've always been curious of how good some of their less common tools are and how well they actually work. I assume a dedicated marlinspike works better than anything on a multitool (same thing goes for screwdrivers, etc).

Cobra 6 Actual and SAKplumber like this.
  16. jonny8642

jonny8642 Loaded Pockets

I work on UPS systems, I was a spyderco-aholic in college and it just stuck. But usually it's my Native serrated FRN and blue alox cadet depending on the site I'll use either or. I do carry a leatherman blast on me along with the other two, but I haven't used the blade on it since I bought it, so I'm not sure if that counts as a knife or just a really bad screwdriver/pliers thing I have on my belt.

17. JustinJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

JustinJ Loaded Pockets

I work in a call center, and this is a good example of my carry:
    [​IMG]
    the knife is mostly for slicing fruit. the sebenza is one of three knives I've been rotating between lately, wiht the other two being a Brous Bionic and a Brous silent soldier. for pens I rotate between the Prometheus Writes pen pictured and a steel embassy pen.

18. Pord

Pord Loaded Pockets

I'm a man, and I carry a knife. ;)

gemini, Grumpy521, NickSwan and 17 others like this.
  19. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

I do a lot of things. General laborer, maintenance, carpentry, general construction, mechanics work; both automotive and large equipment... some welding and fabrication, plus various odd jobs too.

I do not actually have a regular employer, it rotates a lot based on season and available work.

This winter my only work was occasional snow plowing after every storm. That had me carrying various things without much preference, not much to cut in the cab of a truck ;) Just made sure I have something sharp at hand, just in case.

For construction work, carpentry, general labor, electrical, I carry a Kobalt folding razor knife, and a Kershaw Cryo. Both get used and abused for everything, been carrying the kobalt for about 4 years doing construction, it can't be beat, except maybe by the Cryo being so sturdy and AO is great with gloves on in all weather.

For mechanics, fabrications, most metal based work, I usually carry the same, one or the other, for the same reasons... Prefer the Cryo or any other partially serrated regular knife for this though, more handy than the razor knife in mechanical/technical enviroments IMO.

As long as its less than or about 3" of blade/4" of handle, and a combo edge with good serrations, I'm happy. AO, and frame lock is even better for times I am in heavy work gloves, which is usually 12+ hours out of the day. ;)

gemini, Cobra 6 Actual, Aslan and 5 others like this.
  20. foxmo

foxmo Loaded Pockets

I'm a woman. So do I. ;) Though not in my pocket because many women's clothes have not evolved pockets. :(

REDDEVIL, RossHoss, NickSwan and 17 others like this.