1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you do? And what do you carry?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Liberteer, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Liberteer

Liberteer Loaded Pockets

I work in a steel mill so the knives I choose to being to work must be able to handle the job. I usually carry my ZT 0560 and Kershaw shallot. Sometimes I switch out the shallot for the boker S2. All 3 have held up great. What about y'all?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm a knife maker so I pretty much carry whatever tickles my fancy that day. I do have knives that stay in the shop, for the most part. One of my shop knives is a Mora Craftline that was gifted to me in the secret santa on the forum . That thing is great!Thanks again docer! I also always have a kiridashi or two laying on the workbench. Kiridashi's are wonderfully useful tools.

3. NOT-A-FAN

NOT-A-FAN Loaded Pockets

Liberteer, nice knives but i think my favorite picture is Summer of Darkness. Truly one of DH's best albums. I am very excited to see what their new one sounds like.
    sorry for the slight thread jack. heres a picture!

[​IMG]

I work as a Mechanic and need a reliable knife for just about anything. This picture wasnt staged i really did need to cut that hose and it went through it no problem. So the Spyderco Manix 2 fits the bill for now. until i get the Benchmade i have my eye on.

4. Joost Heijnen
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Joost Heijnen EDC Junkie!!!!!

I was working in an office environment. The people I worked with knew my obsession for knives, so I could carry anything.

As for later tghis month I'm gonna work as a salesman in a photostore, I have to figure out what I can carry without scaring people. We live in a strange country regarding to knives..

I guess I stick with my Victorinox Rambler and my Alox solo.. When I need a knife around people, I think I'll take out the rambler..

5. Liberteer

Liberteer Loaded Pockets

Don't be sorry for the thread jack. I can't wait for their new album. I've been watching the interviews with Ryan clark. I'm stoked for it. On another note, the manix 2 is a great knife. On my purchase list with resilience and para 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  6. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I work as a freelance journalist, writer and photographer. It is mostly a desk job, but I sometimes go out on assignments, to everything from conference venues to robotics laboratories and closed down silver mines.

In my day to day life, I rarely carry anything bigger than my trusty old Victorinox Pioneer, but out in the field, I usually bring my Swiss Tool in my camera bag.

[​IMG]
    freemasonSAK by thesungame, on Flickr

7. gdanonym

gdanonym Loaded Pockets

I'm a technical support engineer and work in a office situation. So i only carry a Victorinox Executive. But sometime a Victorinox Spirit when i now i do something with my hands. Most time i do my work using the phone for giving support.

c99camper and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  8. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

HVAC service tech.
    Most cutting duties are handled by my Gerber EAB. When I inevitably forget one on a job site my Leatherman Surge takes over.

c99camper and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  9. MJGEGB

MJGEGB Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Picture is recycled but sums it up, I'm a .Net programmer and work in an office environment. I keep a SAK and a PS4 on my person currently, though I have also pocket carried a small fixed blade.

10. MJGEGB

MJGEGB Loaded Pockets

That knife must be new, looks way to clean to be a mechanics knife. My best friend (more like brother) is a tech, he puts a hurting on his knives.

hawkeye-, Cobra 6 Actual and kdurt like this.
  11. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

IT guy with a desk job. To be honest I rarely need a knife in my daily work life, though other little tools and gadgets come in handy more often than not. So I carry a Victorinox Alox Cadet, which has a serviceable blade for opening boxes or cutting shrinkwrap off pallets, along with the other useful tools combined in a flat, light package.

I've got a couple of Leatherman tools along as well: a Squirt P4 in my pocket and a Juice S2 in my bag. Those come in handy when I need to do some work under the hood of a server on occasion.

Cobra 6 Actual, jag-engr and sungame like this.
  12. Leverdoug

Leverdoug Loaded Pockets

I'm a cattle hoof trimmer (google it) so a good folder and a multi tool and they both get used numerous times a day. Usually a Buck Vantage or Kershaw OSOsweet for the folder and a Gerber multi tool.[​IMG]
    The gun stays in the truck.

13. Chad Kellner

Chad Kellner Loaded Pockets

i work in an office setting. i carry a folder who's clip has broken off in the slacks during the day. As soon as I get home the Sunday clothes come off for something more comfortable. Around the house, it's usually the Folts neck knife, if in jeans an array of assisted blades with a clip. Maybe, Just Maybe, my Izula II is finally on it's way after paying for it two months ago. I hope to give the fixed blade a shot for the Jeans duty.

14. payton206

payton206 Loaded Pockets

I also work in an office (corporate communications) in a large city. I usually carry a traditional slip joint M-F as those usually get the least sideways glances. Plus Great Eastern Cutlery has been turning out some true beauties such as the TC Barlow in ebony and the Viper in bone. Very classy.

For harder/weekend use I'll sometimes grab my Kershaw Rake.

When I'm boating I grab my Dragonfly H1 serrated.

On the couch I'll flip my zt 0801 about 9000 times a night to annoy the wife.

15. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I work as a Welder, i donĀ“t carry any knives coz i never need one :(

I use a "Sidecutter-plier" mostly and a Bahco "Shark" Wrench.

16. Gatsby

Gatsby Loaded Pockets

I'm a lawyer - and I carry mostly a Spyderco Michael Walker CF, a small Sebenza or an Alox Cadet. All are peoplefriendly enough I suppose but I don't use them that often around folks other than slicing fruit and opening envelopes/boxes.

17. Farchyld
    • In Omnia Paratus

Farchyld Loaded Pockets

IT. I have a trio of DFK on me, but it's not as crazy as it may sound. I have a Fastpack, so usually 2/3 ride in there as backups.

DFK Antique Micarta Pocketfighter
    DFK Frikky
    DFK Backpacker

Also in the pack are a Cricket (from the wife, it has to come along for the ride!) and a Cybertool 34 (very useful, really).

Cobra 6 Actual and flatblackcapo like this.
  18. Zeek

Zeek Loaded Pockets

I am a Video Technician for a major production company in the NYC area. I build and operate LED video walls for concerts and other events. I just built my wall for the Allman Brothers for their final run at The Beacon Theater...
    I always carry my Leatherman Charge TTi for dirty jobs and one of a rotation of high end folding blades.
    [​IMG]

19. Templar

Templar Loaded Pockets

I'm a Forensic Investigator and I used to have a SAK which I have now lost for a few months, I haven't replaced it yet but am looking at suggestions. I am always cutting things with my medical shears at the moment.

Cobra 6 Actual and Elg like this.
  20. Syy

Syy Loaded Pockets

I work as a pipefitter/welder in a construction enviroment. I usually carry a Benchmade 710 and a vic pioneer pretty much everyday. The BM has the length to cut insulation on pipes and the sak I use for abusive tasks and screwdriver/prybar options.