1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do you carry when you run?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by SpacemanSpiff23, Jun 15, 2010.

1. SpacemanSpiff23

SpacemanSpiff23 Loaded Pockets

I just started running a few days ago, and it's surprisingly enjoyable so far (minus the blister). I haven't been carrying anything with me when I run. On the one hand, I don't want anything extra in my pockets banging around or weighing me down. But on the other hand, I feel so naked out there with nothing nut shoes shorts and a shirt.

What do other runners carry, and how do you carry it??

2. davidt1

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

Pretty much all my EDC.

I carry them in my pockets and on my belt. My workout shorts have belt loops on them. But because gym shorts only come with 3 pockets, I have to carry one less item than my normal EDC.

3. samurai500

samurai500 Empty Pockets

so hope this helps to give you an idea.

i am a bag guy so i carry every thing in there. but if i am running out on the streets i carry my watch, cell phone, knife, cold steel inferno, and my water bottle and my bag stays at home. But if am at the track and if i am with someone else i leave my bag in there car and just take my watch and water bottle. but if i am alone at the track i take my cell, keys,and knife and hide them in tall grass. and after i hide my stuff i just put my watch on an take my water.

4. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

Interesting thread since I'm in the exact same boat - I just started running again myself. Not for the enjoyment by any means - I'm lacking that gene. But what do you carry all this in? Do you just carry your water or do you use a fanny pack of some sort?

5. fshram76

fshram76 Loaded Pockets

I only run during the day and stick to about a 5K or 3 mile run and am only gone for around 24 or 25 minutes; so I keep my Ipod on my arm with an arm band. That is all.

6. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

A defibrillator. All joking aside, I don't run, that's why I carry.

7. Ghost

Ghost Loaded Pockets

Usually go at night so a torch of some description, mostly a Nitecore SR3. Plus a pocket knife, either a Spydie Delica or my new Boker Ti Subcom.

I'm also looking at the new Ka bar messenger pack, for extra stuff/water or short hikes...

8. davidt1

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

Correction to my post earlier: I just remember I mostly wear cargo type shorts with 6 pockets. So I lose 3 pockets by wearing workout shorts. That means I carry 3 items less. Carrying my EDC with me while running or working out does not bother me because my goal is functional fitness. Sometimes I even wear ankle weights to make the run more fun and challenging. In an emergency, I most likely have to run with what I have on me. If I train my body to deal with the extra stuff and weigh on me, I will be ready. Cops don't have the option of leaving behind stuff that might be annoying when they chase someone on foot. The same goes for other first responders. If they can do it, I can do it.

9. handplane

handplane Empty Pockets

this is what i carry for run/workout

[​IMG]

10. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

My .45, cause I'm only running if someones chasing me, and odds are they're gonna catch my big *ss

11. Wstan

Wstan Loaded Pockets

What is this "new Ka bar messenger pack" of which you speak?

12. FreestyleAssassin

FreestyleAssassin Empty Pockets

As an evening runner always my Surefire E2D (carried in my hand), full sized carabiner with single house key cliped inside my waist band along with my Spyderco Yojimbo.

13. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Hi All,

I will never understand leaving a loaded gun at home. I will always remember the day an FBI friend of mine came up to my patrol car all out of breath advising that he had spent the last half hour fending off a pack of wild dogs with a large stick.

These kind of things just dont have to happen. The old addage is always true I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Weather needing it for 2 legged or 4 legged animals, Stopping a dog, wild animal, mugger or rapist one should never put themselves in the position of being a victim.

Cliff

14. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I run w/my dog, & a full edc load... I'm like greased lightening on the few nights I don't take everything. It's interesting to watch some peoples reaction when I go chugging past them, but FYI I'd never try to intentional scare someone. I just figure the extra 2-4lbs of weight adds to the fun, & as an added bonus I've got everything needed to handle whatever comes up.Just a note: I always leave plenty space since some people aren't very comfortable around dogs, & do switch to the other side of the street/into the street.

15. somber

somber Banned

16. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

OOps that's FYI... I guess it's more like jogging then running since Mozart (my dog) gets cranky after about 2-3 blocks, but I do carry everything same as I would during the day. You wear shorts, & I wear cargo pants w/the full complement of gear. Besides I'm only going 2-3 miles round trip, so if being "ridiculous" keeps the oddball people away I'm happy.The only part of my gear which I'd dump would be the LM PST, but that's not really a weight savings worth calling home about.I do however sometimes switch the MPR, for the Delica cause I hate how the MPR taps my thigh.

17. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Loaded Pockets

I run in the early (5) am so I always carry a flashlight. Currently it is a 4-7s 2AA WW with the rubber hand strap. The only other thing I carry is a Spyderco Salt in my waistband. Perfect application for this knife.

18. Chopper

Chopper Loaded Pockets

Whatever I've nicked :)

19. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

generally, nothing but my I-pod, set to a playlist of "running music" which tends to be less "upbeat" and more "angry", due to the way my musical tastes run. (no pun intended)

occasionally I need to carry a front door key, which I clip inside my waistband using the clip off an old ID badge.

20. Rquagliata

Rquagliata Loaded Pockets

I don't run... That's how you find dead people.