1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What do I do with this paracord stuff?

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by cosine, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

2. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

3. clockworkjon

clockworkjon Loaded Pockets

Since I have the same Midway USA range bag as 75% of the people at the range and matches, I decided to personalize a little last night. I accidentally bought some 325 paracord and didn't know what to do with it. Still have a few zippers to do.

[​IMG]

BFG, S_Serpent, Quantum and 7 others like this.
  4. BalancedEdge

BalancedEdge Loaded Pockets

5. Xader

Xader EDC Junkie

Really like that color. What's it called?

Edit: looks kinda like Siberian Camo

scbubba likes this.
  6. clockworkjon

clockworkjon Loaded Pockets

The brand is Pepperell, they call it "Army Camo". Probably just a generic brown/green/white/black pattern.

I edited the original post. It's 325 paracord, not 330. Just in case you check their website.

S_Serpent and Unagi42 like this.
  7. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

A two-strand footrope knot, #783(pg141 in ABoK), used as a paracord zipper pull.
    [​IMG]

8. Quantum

Quantum Loaded Pockets

Lots of great paracord work!
    Really makes me want to start doing some myself.. but for some reason paracord is crazy expensive here! :eek:

scbubba and Unagi42 like this.
  9. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Try sourcing it from China. The quality isn't as good & you may not want to trust your life with it but it does jut fine for bracelets, fobs etc.

scbubba and Quantum like this.
  10. Quantum

Quantum Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the tip ;)
    I'll look into getting it from China! :)

scbubba and Unagi42 like this.
  11. BigPimpin

BigPimpin Empty Pockets

Got some off aliexpress and the quality was just as good as the stuff online here in the US. Just be sure and look for a seller with good reviews and ratings.

scbubba, Quantum and Unagi42 like this.
  12. Quantum

Quantum Loaded Pockets

That is exactly the site I had in mind!
    Now it's just a matter of what colours to choose! :p

Unagi42 and scbubba like this.
  13. BigPimpin

BigPimpin Empty Pockets

The only issue I had was the item for sale was 100 ft. of a certain color for the advertised price. I ordered 10 colors and the price came out higher then advertised. I contacted the seller and they said it was because of the 10 color quantity. They said if I ordered 1 color and it was mailed out alone the package wouldn't have to go though customs. The 10 colors together would ship differently and go through customs. The seller did adjust the price for the 10 colors to match what the price advertised said, but they just wanted to explain why it was coming out higher in the system and to let me know it would take a little longer to arrive due to customs. If you have the same problem, don't hesitate to message the seller and have them work with you. I've bought a few things off aliexpress and everything has been on the up and up.

Unagi42, scbubba and Quantum like this.
  14. Quantum

Quantum Loaded Pockets

Thanks! I'm always precarious buying things online!
    So if things don't match up, then i'll be sure to contact the seller! :)

Unagi42 and scbubba like this.
  15. Quantum

Quantum Loaded Pockets

Well... I tried ordering some now, but apparently the site waits until the last moment to tell me that they don't ship to Denmark :confused:
    Now I have to try and find a new place to buy it :p

16. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

I've got mine through eBay in the past. Again great quality

S_Serpent, scbubba and Unagi42 like this.
  17. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

Jerry L That little fob on the knife you sent me was awesome!

Jerry L, S_Serpent and scbubba like this.
  18. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks glad you liked it

S_Serpent, scbubba and CatsTide like this.
  19. TallNHairyDave

TallNHairyDave Loaded Pockets

Here's my paracord projects I've done over the last couple of weeks... any constructive criticism welcome. (Note re captions in the photos - this was posted over on another forum originally where my wife is also a member - references to "Am" and "Short n cuddly Am" in the captions are her, and "man knitting" is what paracord projects get referred to over there.)

A selection of key fobs, bracelets and bag handle wraps:
    [​IMG]

Yes, I know the bracelets for the nieces are too big for them, but I asked my sister to measure the nieces wrists close and then I added comfort room when making them onto the measurement she gave me, but it turned out that she had measured them with added comfort room instead...

The "knuckle knocker" monkey fist was made around a 1cm lead ball (catapult ammo!), and I reckon it's ideal for whacking a no-good so-and-so on the knuckles if you catch them going for your biscuits ;)

The other monkey fist key fobs were just tied around a knot joining the two colour cords together - so they're not weighted.

The second pic is another "knuckle knocker" I made for my wife, and a big beast of a monkey fist I've named "Pool Brawl" (purely as a play on words on what it was made around).

[​IMG]

I spent most of yesterday evening making the big "Pool Brawl" monkey fist in the photo above.

It's a monkey fist made around a 1 7/8 inch pool cue ball using about 28 feet of black paracord and 8 feet of foliage green paracord. This is the first time I've made a monkey fist that large, and the first time I've done the "manrope knot" as well, so I'm quite pleased how this came out, even with the mistake finishing the knot.

Monkey Fist was finished off with a two strand diamond knot with a stainless steel skull bead below the knot, then the foliage green cord was added to make a 4-strand round braid. That was then finished off with a "manrope knot" (very many thanks to Am to help me figure that one out! I'd have given up without her help) which was tied around the braid. Thanks to "The paracordist" on YouTube for his tutorial video on tying the manrope knot around a braid. (Turns out I finished the manrope knot the wrong way... I should have threaded the finishing ends out through the bottom of the knot and then cut and singed them, instead of just cutting them off and melting the ends. :banghead: It would definitely have looked better that way, but I found that out after finishing it! Oh well... I know for next time :surrender:)

I put a little bit of cord through the braid with a knot at either side as a stopper to prevent you pulling it through completely, because the manrope knot means that it's extendible! It'll go from 12" long braided handle (as shown in one picture) to a 23" long braid with a finger loop (as shown in the second picture)

Utterly impractical thing, definitely a knot work curio, but I enjoyed making it, and for a first attempt I'm pleased how it turned out.

odg, Jerry L, Francisco Pinto and 7 others like this.
  20. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Well, for starters, nice job, Dave. If your niece's bracelets are annoyingly too big, she could soak them in water then air dry them. That tends to shrink them a bit.

I'd also like to say that in all my time here, I don't think I've noticed your username. It mad me smile, which is pretty much the highest praise any username can get, so good choice there.