1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Did You Use Your Multitool for Today?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by GatorMedic, Jan 22, 2015.

1. mrdabble

mrdabble Loaded Pockets

At the office this morning my boss which is also the president of the company was trying to open the windows which were not installed correctly on the building that we work in. He asked for a Phillips head screwdriver so I handed him my charge ti w screwdriver attachment open for him to use, and then he still couldn't get it so I handed him my 4" pocket widgy pry bar that I keep in the leather man pouch. It was a triumphant EDC moment to see my pry bar save the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. JerryD

JerryD Loaded Pockets

A screw randomly fell from my overhead console in my truck. After that, the console flopped around after every bump I hit. As soon as I pulled into the lot, I fished around to the screw, popped out my (orange) Leatherman Fuse and my (orange) Streamlight Stylus Pro and got everything buttoned down again.

GatorMedic and ramjet like this.
  3. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

Im suprised they let you keep that while at work. At my old store, we had to use the "orange handled" tools. Too much theft I guess....

4. AztecaMX91
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

AztecaMX91 Loaded Pockets

We have a lot of shrink too and well.... technically...I'm not allowed to use my own tools i.e. Leatherman c33x and Wingman but since their safety knives are horrible and their tool cage never has what I need I carry my own stuff with me. It gets the job done so they don't complain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Loaded Pockets

I can't quite believe this. I'm away for a couple of nights and flew handluggage only so no multi-tool. And I'm in Spain so wine bottle has a cork. After quick check on You-Tube, today, my multi-tool was a... book. Really. Hard wall corner, book between bottle bottom and wall, eight or so firm thumps against the wall and cork emerged sufficiently to twist out easily. Now drinking an ok 2006 Rioja.

That's something you can't do with a Kindle or iPad. My thanks to Chris Hadfield and An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth (recommended).

Having succeded with that, I'm ditching the add-on corkscrew for my Spirit that I usually have and now know I can stick with an Alox rather than regular SAK. Much more fun.

6. aerosxl

aerosxl Loaded Pockets

I used my wave to replace a broom handle after the current one broke

GatorMedic likes this.
  7. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

The book is still okay right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepBlue and Ryan McKenzie like this.
  8. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

You know what these bottle bonkers always say: "No books were harmed in the banging of this bottle." ;)

Sly, DeepBlue and GatorMedic like this.
  9. znapschatz

You may regret substituting bottle bopping for a corkscrew. I have always considered that procedure to be a last resort move, and have seen more than one guy (well, actually two) who had previously been successful at the sport get wine all over themselves and lose the contents of their bottles. Even worse, in both cases it was the good stuff :frantic: .

It is always better to use the right tool for the job. Done properly, you can't miss with a Spirit corkscrew, which is also easy to carry. Personally, I have more fun carrying a cellidor SAK with a corkscrew (Sportsman here) than an alox without. But that's an individual matter.

DeepBlue likes this.
  10. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

Hm. That's one for my must read-list, I guess.

11. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Loaded Pockets

To be honest, the Sprirt corkscrew is so easy to carry that it's not worth leaving behind and if I did, where would I put the mini screwdriver!

Just to be clear on a few details... Yes, it is really a last resort move but definitely impressive if you pull it off. No need to use force that might break a bottle or anything like that, It really doesn't need more than a firm thud. Yes, you do need to keep an eye on how far the cork comes out as if it makes it's way right out while bottle is horizontal it's going to be interesting and will completely blow your credibility. Almost certianly it's a recipe for disaster at the end of an evening..."No, no, no wait, I just gotta show you how to open that bottle without a corkscrew."

And, no, don't ever use on the good stuff! Any wine that's likely to have a sediment is going to be spoilt as this properly shakes things up so it's not going to be so good after this treatment.

As they say over here on all the adverts... "Drink responsibly" ;-)

12. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

A shoe works with that method too

No Agenda likes this.
  13. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Didnt use it for much other than some cutting, but here it is! :)
    [​IMG]

Sly likes this.
  14. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Got to work and one of the operators called out, "Stupid question I know but by any chance does anyone have an allen key set?" Out came the Wave and bit kit and the problem was fixed while he eyed it off and said "That's very handy" I said "Yes it is"

Sly, GearHunter, GatorMedic and 4 others like this.
  15. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

I used my style CS pair as garden tool today. The CS's scissors are great from trimming plants. My garden scissors seemed to be all rusted up.

GatorMedic likes this.
  16. dictatortot
    • In Omnia Paratus

dictatortot Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    I used my Swisstool Spirit to replace a GFCI outlet in the bathroom.

GatorMedic, survivorman and microbe like this.
  17. znapschatz

Ha! I did the same with a Micra, snipping down stray tall growths from our front yard shrubbery. It was one of those "on the spot, gotta do it now" situations, also just being too lazy to go get the proper tools. But this time of year, that's about all you really need.

GatorMedic and microbe like this.
  18. TrickyVic

TrickyVic Loaded Pockets

I used my Style PS to change an outside light fixture.
    [​IMG]

GatorMedic and Hertz33 like this.
  19. Elathan

Elathan Loaded Pockets

just spotted this thread tonight and i love it, just read through the lot and decided to share my finest multitool moment so far.
    im a theatre tec. or operating room tec, and we were setting up for a complex urology case one saturday morning, we fitted these specific attachments to the table to support the patients legs, and discovered that the one side would lower down to the floor if any weight was on it. so they were unusable. the surgeon was not happy to proceed with out the attachments, so the theatre sister grabbed the phone to try and get on call engineer out to fix them, before we cancelled the case. why this was going on id already taken a look at them and could see a threaded headless bolt was sticking out on the faulty side, i grabbed my surge and bit kit from my bag, and had it fixed within 3 minutes.
    i was now the surgeons new best friend, and everything went ahead without a hitch.

20. bfitz

bfitz Loaded Pockets

I don't have any cool action pics but my Swisschamp helped clear out a bunch of weeds and small unwanted saplings from my dad's much neglected flower bed. I also used my new Leatherman Freestyle to begin putting up a new fence around his garden.

GatorMedic likes this.