1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Did You Use Your Multitool for Today?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by GatorMedic, Jan 22, 2015.

1. jdindadell

jdindadell Loaded Pockets

Used a sak to remove 2 screws from a teklok. Also used a charge to remove the battery cover from a kids toy.

GatorMedic likes this.
  2. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Last night used my Leatherman Wave's eyeglass screwdriver to unscrew and then screw back two of my coworkers' clips on their knives to bend and tighten the clip back how it's supposed to be. They were very grateful, but alas I managed to mess up my Wave. I think what happened is that all of the tools next to the eyeglass screwdriver were not fully pushed in so when I went to close the full tool the plier head on that side got wedged in and stuck with the force I used in an attempt to close it fully. This morning I lubed it up with CLP and managed to get it unstuck. All appears to be working well again.

Handle/plier wedged stuck:
    [​IMG]

All fixed up:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moshe ben David and Stranger like this.
  3. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Just used my other Leatherman Wave (yes, I own two--silver for the house and BO for the truck) to replace the pocket clip on my Mini Grip to the deep carry one Benchmade just sent me. This time I actually used the correct bit in the bit driver instead of the eyeglass screwdriver. Worked like a charm :)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Agenda, cheeser and Stranger like this.
  4. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

I used my Wingman to hold screws so I can make their heads thinner, because I was modifying my Micra. And also my new-style Micra to play with :).

GatorMedic likes this.
  5. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

I just had to get my Mom settled in at a rest home this past Friday because she can't live on her own anymore, and the resident doctor said she had to go to the hospital for a blood transfusion (again). So I visited her in the hospital, and she asked me to get her a Canada Dry. I bought one from a machine and grabbed a straw, and then removed the cap and proceeded to drill a hole in it with the awl on my Swiss Champ to put the straw through, so she could lean it over as much as she wants without spilling any. The SC awl didn't make the hole big enough, so I used the awl from my Surge to make it bigger. The straw fit perfectly.

Never have just one tool. One is none.

KaBar41, Water-Rat, ramjet and 3 others like this.
  6. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

used the diesel at work yesterday working on our generator at the booth. Overfill alarm has those weird plastic screws that are lockable and counter-sunk. The flat head screwdriver worked great. Also, the pliers with the narrow needle-nose was great on the gaskets for the fuel-water separator...

GatorMedic likes this.
  7. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

Used the Leatherman brewzer yesterday to open a beer.
    That's a multi-tool, right? ;)
    -
    Logan

8. srvctec

srvctec Loaded Pockets

Used my LM Charge to take apart a bad CF card used in some of the old copiers I still service- was just curious what it looked like inside.

[​IMG]

Bedlam and GatorMedic like this.
  9. jdindadell

Used a utilikey to adjust the latch portion of my back gate. Any #1 or#2 Philips would have worked, but the utilikey was on my key ring and that was the only thing in my pocket at the time. I smiled a little when it worked and I did not have to walk to the garage to get a screwdriver.

Sly, GatorMedic and No Agenda like this.
  10. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

I've carried mine for 10 years or more, and never used it once. That's what back ups are for. My back ups have back ups.

11. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Charge TTi v. honeysuckle

[​IMG]

Spent some time dealing with honeysuckle bushes before they take over the whole yard. Used the Charge on stuff close to the fence and garage foundation where I couldn't work the pruning saw.
    Knife blade also helpful.

[​IMG]

GatorMedic likes this.
  12. jdindadell

I use that utilitkey frequently. Cleaning my fingernails, cutting the odd string, etc. I have used the Phillips a few times. I am glad it is on my keyring. I have that and a brewzer and both get use.

Stranger and T.H.Cone like this.
  13. znapschatz

First time I put my Utilikey on the key ring, I used the cap lifter within the hour when at the party I was attending the bottle opener got misplaced. Within 15 minutes it was found and I retired the Utilikey. Then, after almost 2 years passed and I never had occasion to use it again, off the key ring it came. So much for that. :bye:

Last edited by znapschatz, Apr 2, 2015
    T.H.Cone likes this.
  14. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

Even though I never use mine, I haven't found a good reason not to have it on my keychain. Unless something similar but better comes along to replace it, I'll continue to carry it.

The day I stop carrying it, I'll have a series of mishaps, being separated from my Swiss Champ and Leathermans, and need the Utilikey. That's how life works. For something so small and non-burdensome, I'm not taking any chances.

No Agenda and ramjet like this.
  15. znapschatz

We all have our little obsessions, by which I mean that those who know us consider quirks, if they are even noticed. Mine is pocket space (not my only one, but on this point of discussion). I am forever arranging and re-arranging my daily loadout for just what I think I'll need in life, and not a single thing more. It all varies with what I am up to on a given day, be it work, recreation or even just walking around. Although I usually carry a bunch of stuff, I'm really a minimalist at heart and carry nothing I don't find necessary, including on my key ring. Two years was enough of a run to conclude I will never use the wretched thing again, so off it went. Although the weight and space the Utilikey takes are insignificant, I feel that psychically, my burden is lighter without it. I'm not concerned about being caught without a tool because I am NEVER without a SAK or multitool on me at all times, except when naked. But even if circumstances find me without my stuff, I find the Utilikey pretty useless. YM, of course,MV.

Last edited by znapschatz, Apr 3, 2015
    GatorMedic likes this.
  16. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

Understood. I've ordered the Key|Smart, and when I get it, the Utilikey may not fit into the new configuration. I may have to retire it too. When you carry keys the normal way, the Utilikey just fits in with the mess unnoticed. It is not suited for the Key|Smart, and would have to be placed on the keyring separately. There are other tools that are a better choice. I haven't decided on one yet, but I'll be looking around soon. I'm not sure yet what I'll be carrying on a split ring with the Key|Smart, but I want a 1xAAA flashlight, a Style CS, a Ti pry bar, and a Numyth 1 cell battery capsule. That's my wishlist so far. We'll see how it goes. I might also include a capsule filled with potassium permanganate crystals. Seems like no easier way of carrying that. I can't even find a decent way of carrying breath mints. How else am I going to carry a gram or two of potassium permanganate?

17. meds081603
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

meds081603 Loaded Pockets

Wingman to install a radio in an old isuzu box truck.

GatorMedic likes this.
  18. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I'm with you on that.:)

meds081603 and No Agenda like this.
  19. blazer95

blazer95 Empty Pockets

Used the Phillips driver on my Leatherman Wave to remove the dome light from my Xterra to fix an annoying rattle between the roof and headliner.

Stranger likes this.
  20. pumpmaster

pumpmaster Loaded Pockets

Demolished my old pool today. Used my wingman to remove a couple worm gear clamps off pool plumbing and cut a bunch of old rope.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

survivorman likes this.