1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Did You Use Your Multitool for Today?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by GatorMedic, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Forgot about this thread. A couple days ago, I used the pliers and nail file on my Style PS to unjam the zipper on a student's backpack. He had been using plastic shopping bags to carry clothes in it and of course the zipper ate the plastic bag and got so jammed he could barely get his things out of his pack. Style PS to the rescue.

2. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

So far I have only used the scissors on my huntsman to trim my mustache and opened a package

It's not failure if you learn something from it

3. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

I used my LM Surge to tight and resemble the kitchen table. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Rich73

Rich73 Loaded Pockets

Used my Leatherman tool pliers to fix a paint pen my daughter was using - never mind being lost in the jungle, or surviving the zombie apocalypse: with a 6 year old in the house I rarely make it though the day without some piece of EDC kit being needed...

bfitz, Water-Rat, kottskrapa and 3 others like this.
  5. Chris Rhodes

Chris Rhodes Loaded Pockets

Helped a co worker fix his positive battery cable so he could get home and make the repair correctly. Had to strip back the fried cable and splice the 2 cables back together. Leatherman 300 and gorilla tape did the job.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

Used my SAK to cut lengths of twine to tie down my Xmas tree to the car. Then used it to cut the twine off the car!

T Shrapnel-Carruthers likes this.
  7. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Loaded Pockets

Well...

Today, as I was opening the front door, my EDC Alox Mini Champ unclipped itself from the key ring and fell straight through the 1/2" gap between the door cill and steps. It's about 10" drop down there and pretty inaccessible. I spotted it quickly using my EDC Zebralight. Then using my EDC Skeletool, I quickly clipped off a bit of stiff garden wire found in the garage and fashioned one end into a hook. A minute more with the Zebralight and it was out and I was holding a post-mortem as to why it had come off the key ring.

Just think, if I didn't EDC anything then... I would have avoided all that palaver.

(Main lesson - I really should EDC a bit of stiff wire too! How unprepared was that. )

8. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Maybe easier to edc a bit of line with a hook or at least a paperclip?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

DeepBlue and PragmaticMurphyist like this.
  9. Sonorum

Sonorum Loaded Pockets

Paracord and a hook or a strong magnet maybe?

10i likes this.
  10. Moshe ben David

I was thinking fishing line but I'm sure paracord would work -- and probably have other potential uses! Good idea.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

11. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

Nothing yet today, but yesterday, the good old Pioneer saw a bit of use.

First, I used the blade to open a couple of letters and a few packs of foodstuffs. Then, I used the can opener/"Philips driver" combo tool to unscrew a supporting leg on a bed.

I and another family member were carrying the bed through a door and into a tight passageway when it dawned on me that said leg would not fit through the opening. Luckily, I had my Pioneer in my pocket. Out came the screwdriver, out went the screws and off with the leg. The rest was only pure and simple heavy lifting...

PragmaticMurphyist and Sonorum like this.
  12. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

Oddly enough I used the one tool in my SAK Compact that I really didn't care about. Needed a pen and didn't have one readily available so I used the pen from my Compact.

13. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I have my kayaks on outside racks and I wrapped them in tarps for the winter today. Used my LM Wingman to cut twine with the scissors and knife and I used the pliers to tighten and undo knots.

14. bfitz

bfitz Loaded Pockets

Picked up a Leatherman Wave yesterday, came home to a broken fence gate. Used it today to get out some stubborn screws and bolts and the fence is fixed. I also learned that I need to invest in some better bits for my power drill when the ones on my Leatherman do a better job than the ones in my Ryobi.

15. Moshe ben David

I'm an occasional (approx once a week) cigar smoker; in the past I've also done pipes so have about 15 of those. Thinking of switching back to the pipes for a number of reasons (economics, taste of the tobacco, overall pleasure of handling a pipe), so I was cleaning up the pipes that have been idle. Used my LM Blast for pulling out old dirty pipe cleaners, as well as extracting metal inserts from the stems of a couple of pipes that had them. Never liked the inserts -- never able to get them clean!..

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

bfitz likes this.
  16. bfitz

bfitz Loaded Pockets

I ended up having to go to a wedding on new years eve. My fiancé and I were hanging out in the back before the wedding with her friend that was getting married. One of the people in the wedding party came back kinda freaking out that some of the flowers they had for the ceremony didn't fit in the vases right and they had to figure out how to cut them. They had an old and dull bread knife from the churches kitchen. My fiancé looks over to me and says "Ask Brian, I'm sure he has something." I had my Wave on my belt and was able to cut the flowers down to fit with the scissors, no problem. I then of course get the "Why do you carry a multitool?" question. "Because I watched way to much MacGyver as a kid."

SurivStud likes this.
  17. SeanByrdman

SeanByrdman Loaded Pockets

My roommate had gotten a new vehicle and there was a wee cable on his keys he was trying to remove, but the pliers on his wingman couldn't cut them. So I used my rebar for the first time in about a month the hard wire cutters in the back did a pretty good job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Wildcat14

Wildcat14 Loaded Pockets

A little knife maintenance.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Moshe ben David

@bfitz: you're obviously a much nicer guy than I. My answer anytime to the question of 'Why would you carry a(an) xxx with you?' is generally along the lines of:

" Because sooner or later someone like you will be unprepared for life and need my help!"

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

20. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

Just to unscrew a wood board in order to get to a water pump that needed to be checked due to malfunction. I don't do that cool type of repairs for a job, it was just the right and unexpected moment to give a hand, and that sometimes makes the whole point EDCing a multitool.

Moshe ben David and kottskrapa like this.