1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Did You Use Your Multitool for Today?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by GatorMedic, Jan 22, 2015.

1. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Jeez Louise! Trimmed your beard with a Classic? Except for cutting a thread or some other extremely light-weight purpose, those scissors are simply too small. Depending on the bush of my beard, when I had one, that would have taken me all morning. Was there some novelty how you did this?

Well, it's your face and time, so I wish you well. SAKs are good for many chores, but not all of them. I know, because every so often I spend an occasional few minutes trimming my hedges with one. But that's usually out of laziness, or just for fun ;) .

2. SeanByrdman

SeanByrdman Loaded Pockets

The fieldmaster works on my cub mane that's trying to fill out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SeanByrdman

[​IMG] tad windy outside today studying

4. purplelady

purplelady Loaded Pockets

Yesterday I used my Wave pliers to help close the little clips on my solar oven. Worked like a charm with no broken finger nails. My son used the straight pin on my swisschamp to reset something on his cell phone.

5. SBO

SBO Loaded Pockets

It is an sdh from Alcatel.

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Used the pliers on my faithful LM Blast to adjust the metal tab at the bottom of my cigar lighter -- thing kept coming open on me... took about 2 seconds and that nuisance is no more!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

kottskrapa likes this.
  7. 9x19

9x19 Loaded Pockets

Ah, OK. VMEs are pretty old tech, so I was surprised by the resemblance.

I used my little Squirt ES4 to strip some wire this morning.

SBO likes this.
  8. SeanByrdman

Does using it as a doorman count?

9. Yablanowitz
    • +2 Supporter

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

Typical day for my Original Wave. Used for a door stop on the elevator doors while I climbed down into the pit to change out the oil bucket, later used the blade to remove old caulking on a bathtub and scrape hard water deposits off the shower door track. Used the can opener to dig the old caulk out of the corners and the gaps between the bottom track and the side rails of the shower doors. Used the knife blade to enlarge some holes in the surround and the saw to cut slots for the tabs of hollow wall anchors to go in the holes. Used the Phillips screwdriver to set the anchors, remove the screws and attach the side rail for the doors. Used the smallest straight blade as an Allen wrench to remove the setscrews on a couple of towel bars, used the next to largest straight screwdriver blade for removing coverplate screws, used the serrated blade to remove the coverplates (the last guy to paint the apartment didn't wait for the paint to dry completely before putting the covers back on). Used the pliers for pulling hinge pins to remove the doors, used the large straight screwdriver to take down the ceiling light fixtures. I think the only tool on it that I didn't use at some point was the scissors.

10. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Now that's putting a tool to work. Yours worked harder that one day then mine did all month.

11. Yablanowitz
    • +2 Supporter

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

That was just part of the afternoon. I used it for a bunch of other stuff as well. I think Leatherman Warranty wonders how I've managed to wear out or break 2 original Tools, an original Supertool, 3 Micras, a Charge XTI and 9 original Waves since 1985 (when I got my first Leatherman). The last batch I sent in had one Wave that was worn enough to open like a butterfly knife, and the wire cutters wouldn't cut anything smaller than a coathanger. I didn't really notice how loose it was until I pulled out a new one one day.

I should mention that the next to smallest screwdriver blade is a perfect fit for the setscrews in the towel bars of some of our other apartments. All without having to fumble around with loose, easily lost bits. I was quite disappointed when Warranty replaced my Original Waves with New Waves.

12. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

Used my SAK to help put together some IKEA shelves...[​IMG]

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

13. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

:censored:!

14. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

Yesterday me and my dad was helping out my grandma in her apartment and at several occasions the SAK came in handy but the funny thing is that when my dad needed it and I just had taken out the big driver in my farmer, he pulls out his own spartan and finished the job before I could get it to him. Kind of forgotten about where I got my habit of carrying a SAK from. Good reminder!

It's not failure if you learn something from it

15. Hewi

Hewi Loaded Pockets

Helping a friend renovate his apartment, used my wave for lots of small things all the time. I actually can't imagine not having it on my belt for such jobs..

[​IMG]

Moshe ben David likes this.
  16. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

Leatherman style PS saved the day when gf's son broke his "powerball"? The pliers was small enough to hold the spring in place

It's not failure if you learn something from it

Water-Rat likes this.
  17. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I used the large flat screw driver on the bottle opener tool of my Pioneer to pry open a rear light for my bicycle, in order to change the batteries.

It's funny how I almost never carry coins anymore, and therefore have to use a screw driver to open all those things that are meant to be opened with a coin.

Moshe ben David and kottskrapa like this.
  18. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Used my supertool 300 today to fix my compressor..... because i misplaced my dedicated needle-nose pliers and the leathermans pliers are fine enough for some tiny tight spaces!

Hewi and chaosmagnet like this.
  19. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

I fixed my desk stapler and now the finished staples arent a hazard to tender fingers.

20. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

Used my SAK to replace the rear view mirror of my car.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk