1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Did You Use Your Multitool for Today?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by GatorMedic, Jan 22, 2015.

1. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Huh?

2. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

The question was this: What exactly makes you a competent enough driver to multi-task while others are not?

I'm not sure what standing in doors and talking on the phone has to do with anything.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Sonorum likes this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Sooooo.... unlike filling out paperwork and driving (which implies the 'driver' is looking at the paperwork rather than the road, traffic, etc...), you are claiming that you are able to to repair your nose-hair trimmer without looking at it whilst driving. Do we have that correct??!! Really?!?!? What's next? Trying to sell us a bridge to nowhere?

One begins to wonder if you're real and stringing the rest of us along or whether you're really the idiot you appear to be.

Moshe ben David

Sonorum likes this.
  4. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

Is it really that important to you to argue with me over and over again? I will be the bigger man and let this topic go for in the end I will be me and you will be you, and no matter what you say I will continue to do things my way. End of story!

5. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

Is it really that important to you to argue with me over and over again? I will be the bigger man and let this topic go for in the end I will be me and you will be you, and no matter what you say I will continue to do things my way. End of story!

6. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

It's important to the people you may scare, injure or kill while practicing your supposedly god-like driving/multitask skills. But of course you have made it very clear that you are incapable of understanding that the only difference between you and others that has been involved in accidents is that it hasn't happened to you yet. Hopefully it will never happen, but if it do happen I sure hope you're the only one getting injured or killed.

So sure, let's drop this. I think it is clear to everyone reading your posts that you are both immature and have an inflated sense of your own abilities.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  7. znapschatz

Yesterday I forgot to lower my car antenna when going through a car wash and it snapped off, hanging by the internal wire. I used my Charge TTi pliers to loosen the lock nut, bend the broken end into enough of a shape that I could stuff it into the opening and tighten it down so it was fixed, although it will only retract partially. :censored:. Sorry no pix, I didn't have a camera with me, and was too pissed off to think about it, anyway. Glad to have had the Charge with me, though.

313 likes this.
  8. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Used the fish descaler / hook disgorger on my Vic SwissChamp to clear stray coffee beans out of my Peugeot manual grinder.

Come to think of it, I've never descaled a fish or disgorged a hook with this thing! Opened letters and cleared coffee beans... Maybe Victorinox should rename it!

9. znapschatz

Thank heaven I got to you in time! :eek: Don't ever use the fish scaler to descale a fish! Learn from my awful experience. I did once. The 'champ was a POS to clean and stunk for days. But it is still a useful implement. I have used the ruler from time to time, and it makes a good probe, especially for things you can't or don't want to touch with your fingers. I've even used it as a field expedient pickle fork (carefully washed first ;) .)

In 20 years I have used every implement on my Swisschamp except for the backspring mounted small screwdriver. Great SAK.

PragmaticMurphyist and Swe_Nurse like this.
  10. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

+1

Never used my Swisschamp scaler to scale fish but I used a knock off one once and had the same problem, the fish smell was impossible to get out. And it wasn't particularly good either. The Swisschamp is a great and somewhat underestimated tool ("too large").

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  11. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Thanks both! I'll restrain the urge and stick to the coffee beans! :)

12. Sonorum

Sonorum Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I used a Victorinox Rambler to adjust the door-closer to the laundry in our house.

13. Sonorum

Sonorum Loaded Pockets

Double-post

14. BigJerm

BigJerm Empty Pockets

Not today, but this past weekend the Leatherman helped cut zip ties, loosen/tighten nuts and pull fuses while installing an aux tank in father in-law's truck. Sure they are better dedicated tools but the LM is in my pocket

Moshe ben David likes this.
  15. meds081603
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

meds081603 Loaded Pockets

Used the wingman today while playing with a bottle launcher at the park.

16. GQkudzu

GQkudzu Loaded Pockets

My Wave really disappointed me yesterday. I took my kids trout fishing, and at one point my oldest had hooked one so badly that we couldn't get it released. I used my Wave to snip off the barbed end of the hook. Afterwards, I noticed a big chunk in both sides of the cutters, and the distorted metal that then overlapped prevented the pliers from opening properly. I was pretty shocked. I used my old PST on multiple occasions to cut woven wire fencing with no issues. I'll take a chainsaw file today and file the bent metal down so that the pliers will open smoothly, but I was pretty bummed that a fishhook did so much damage to such an expensive MT. I'd recently talked myself out of the Rebar (with its replaceable cutter blades), because I was convinced the Wave was plenty of MT.

17. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

YIKES! :skull:

Moshe ben David

18. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

Used the screwdriver bit on my Gerber Mini-Suspension tool (got it dirt cheap, and have been carrying it lately) to reset the modules in a network switch chasis and add a second power supply to meet POE requirements.

Later at the grocery store used the blade on said device to cut a vine of ripe tomatoes as I only wanted 2, and not 6. My wife thought it was funny.

19. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Used my leatherman to to some fixeridoodad things on the cutest little matchbox-sized carburetor ever;
    [​IMG]

Hewi and 313 like this.
  20. maillet282

maillet282 Loaded Pockets

Used my leather man wave to put together some pieces of my new BBQ.