1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Did You Use Your Multitool for Today?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by GatorMedic, Jan 22, 2015.

1. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

I read in the book Horse Soldiers today about how an Army Special Forces medic used his Leatherman multitool in Afghanistan on some Afghan soldiers that were injured. He used the saw blade to literally amputate one guy's leg, sawed off his tibia approx 3 inches below the knee, due to being shot in the foot/ankle area. He didn't have anything to cap off the amputation either so he somehow repacked the bone marrow to seal it. Then he used the serrated blade on the Leatherman to cut someone else's wrist to obtain access to dead tissue around a bullet wound that he subsequently cut out. That is officially the most :censored: use of a multitool I've ever heard.

So what have you used your multitool for today??

2. iangineer

iangineer Loaded Pockets

Nothing that cool, haha. On my way out the door this morning, I tightened down the bleed screw on our storm door that has been slamming shut for months. We thought it was just shot and time for replacement... I finally noticed that the screw was loose to the point of almost falling out, so I screwed it back in and viola! Door dampens and shuts again.

theirishboxer and GatorMedic like this.
  3. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Absolutely all I did was use my Charge TTi can opener on a lid so I could flatten a can for compact disposal. But after all, it is Sunday.:)

Last edited by znapschatz, Jan 25, 2015
  4. znapschatz

Really a trivial matter to double post about :oops: .

theirishboxer likes this.
  5. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

An elderly widow asked me for help as I was walking past her house today. She needed to replace the 9 volt battery in her garage door operator's outside keypad, but the battery door was stuck shut.

I used a Leatherman #2 pry tool to pry open the battery door. Then, I employed the Gerber MP600's pliers to widen the contact on the replacement battery so it would snap onto the connector properly.

[​IMG]

6. khawk3

khawk3 Loaded Pockets

Nothing heroic, but I uncapped ourselves a few beers so we could probably watch the Super Bowl? And I was so darn excited about it because I had just bought my new multitool yesterday (Leatherman Squirt PS4) :bounce:

7. parallax

parallax Loaded Pockets

I just recently picked up a nice secondhand Jeep Wrangler and realized on my way to work on Friday that I needed to adjust the seatbelt height in the drivers side pillar. No matter how I tried to move it, it would budge though!

Yesterday I took a closer look and found that a small pebble had (God knows how) found its way into the mechanism, basically prohibiting movement. So, I took the a SOG PowerPlier I keep in the glovebox and used the awl to pick the little bugger out :)

Sheep Dog and GatorMedic like this.
  8. GatorMedic

Let my partner borrow my Wingman to use the pliers to fix her electronic cigarette thingy-ma-jig everybody seems to be using these days

Sheep Dog and gnarley.jeep84 like this.
  9. Ben Rubinstein
    • +4 Supporter

Light fell off my bike, used one of the LM bits on my Skeletool to screw it back on.

10. GatorMedic

Used my BO Leatherman Wave to change out my license plates. The lady at the DMV asked if I needed a screwdriver to get it off. I told her nope I got one and she was surprised. Broke out the Wave and all was good :)

11. Rotwang

Rotwang Loaded Pockets

Used the butter knife of the Victorinox Spirit to cut open the rolls and croissants. We were out for breakfast :)

Sly and GatorMedic like this.
  12. znapschatz

Normally, for bottles that need it, I use a dedicated opener. My Good Cook is the best cap lifter, ever. Opening a brew with one of these is just plain enjoyable, a mood elevator that sets me up for the whole experience. There may be folks who think their's are just as good, but they are mistaken. However, sometimes I like my Sportsman II for the job, "just because." SAKs are also a joy to use. My wife, clearly the sane one in our relationship, uses whatever is at hand, but for some reason gravitates to the worst opener in our kitchen, here depicted. It is a truly inferior gadget whose only real purpose in life is scratching off lottery ticket numbers. It always pains me a little when I see a bottle cap on the cutting board with this blue thing next to it. But it shouldn't :oops: .

[​IMG]

Sly, Moshe ben David and GatorMedic like this.
  13. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

I harvested some of my ear fur with mine.

Pliers are great for that.

14. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

Used my Wave to tighten the screws on a loose doorknob.

GatorMedic likes this.
  15. iangineer

iangineer Loaded Pockets

Used my Wingkick to take apart (and later re-installed) the shower faucet hardware to re-caulk the whole thing. Also used it to add a stainless screw clamp to the shower pipe to keep the caddy from slipping down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moshe ben David, ramjet, Moco and 2 others like this.
  16. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Finally got the call for a cork screw!

[​IMG]

17. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

the ultra sharp blade on the Vic spirit x was used for food prep. apparently my mom-in-law uses a fork to sharpen her kitchen blades..... Don't get me started. Its just funny watching my family make tomatoes for salsa using my vic and not a proper kitchen knife.

18. suburbDad

suburbDad Loaded Pockets

Opened 3 bottles of Stella!

BrendanH, GatorMedic and CitizenSnips like this.
  19. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips Loaded Pockets

Attached a Carbon Monoxide alarm to my Nan's sitting room wall and put up new shelving in the 'library nook' - post redecorating - with my BO Rebar.

GatorMedic likes this.
  20. C.Boland93
    • The Omnia Paratus

C.Boland93 Loaded Pockets

Nothing too exciting…dug out a splinter from my thumb, result!

Sent from Catherine's iPhone using Tapatalk.