1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What clothing mods do you make?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Jay-uk, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

As per title what mods do you make to your items of clothing?

I'm on my third pilot/bomber jacket each time I add extra pockets to the interior and plan to up date my third this week and hope to do the same to a M65 field jacket one day.

Any special or routine mods you like to make ?

2. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

My grandma taught me to sew when I was 5 or 6. I've added pockets to things, put molle webbing on stuff, and customized the fit on a few things.

One thing I regularly do is tailor my gloves to be an exact fit to my weird shaped hands. I got small palms but long fingers. So off the self gloves either fit my fingers with the palm rattling around or the palm fits but my fingers are about to poke out. One of these days I'm just gonna try to make a custom pair from scratch with the patterns I have made over the years.

Got a few pants I've lined the outside of the upper thighs and full lower legs with leather to make briar pants. One pair I lined the inside with fleece for the winter. Modded a few insulated overalls and bibs with the knee high zipper to add a zipper that goes up to my waist. My carhartt jacket I wore the cuffs out on so I lined them about 8 inches up my forearm with leather.

Right now I have a hunting vest I'm swapping the worn out elastic shotgun shell loops with leather loops so hopefully I won't have to swap them again in my life.

3. plumberroy

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

I am wearing a shirt I made now . Make doo rags and bandanas make adjustments to the left front pocket of pants so a pocket holster sets how and where I like it. Hem stuff I make cargo shorts from old uniform pants. Make bags

ran23 and Jay-uk like this.
  4. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

That's awesome.

neo71665 likes this.
  5. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I sew small paracord loops into the neck 'fold' of my work scrubs. Allows me to attach a civilian labs gear retractor which holds my work ID card. I know lanyard are technically safer, but the stitches would give way before I was in danger, and doesn't dangle onto patients when I'm working.

Jay-uk likes this.
  6. plumberroy

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

I have 12-14 machines at the moment. I am working on getting down to 5-7