1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

This when I don't want to be distracted that day,often rides as a back up when I take the S8[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ripjack13 and Moshe ben David like this.
  2. Crazy Chester

Crazy Chester Loaded Pockets

I currently have a Samsung S7 edge. Thought it was cool at first, but now really can't stand it. This is the second Samsung S7 edge that I have had, as the first one's screen died (developed a green hue, and then went out completely turning pink) within 2 months of ownership. They sent me a replacement under warranty. On the second phone, I cracked the screen on it's first fall (about a 16-20" fall) after owning for about 6-8 weeks. I do have a decent Spigen case on it, but the rounded edge of the screen was still exposed and it landed right on the exposed edge (just my luck). These were my first ventures with a smart phone from Samsung. Had an LG G series before that served me very well, and I still have if the Samsung bites the bullet, ( which seems like it is on it's way as the screen is now developing a green hue..) These Samsung phones are the only smart phones that I have had much issue with. Previously have had a Blackberry, a couple HTC's, the LG and now the 2 Samsung phones. All the others were still good phones after 2 years. 1st Samsung phone lasted 2 months, and the second doesn't look like it will make it to a year and a half (partly my fault with the fall, but I blame the phones design for part of that).

I really don't see the appeal to the rounded screen. It really distorts the edges of the view screen and sometimes I can't make out the ends of sentences etc, let alone making the phone more fragile on falls in my case. After owning one for a time, I won't replace this phone with anything that has a rounded screen, which eliminates all the new Samsung Galaxy series. The others in the house all have Iphones, and I think I maybe leaning that way for my next phone. I think the Android phone spec out a little better, but Apple products seem to work more efficiently in general.

3. Skoomin

Skoomin Empty Pockets

I use an IPhone 7, I'm sure there were cheaper alternatives since all i use it for is call, text, email, and take pictures of my cats.. but I have bunch of Mac stuff so i feel like i'm too committed to switch now haha.

4. Hussar305

Hussar305 Loaded Pockets

I've been rocking my LG V20 for almost a year now. I love this thing and don't have any plans to move anytime soon. The removable battery, IR blaster, and second screen are great features.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

poe47 and Lateck like this.
  5. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

I have used my Apple watch from morning until evening as my cell phone for calls and texts. I was skeptical of the watch as a phone until I received this watch as a Christmas present.

In the past I have switched between iOS and Android but the watch pairing with the iPhone may prevent from me switching back to an Android phone except when I purchase a local SIM on international vacation trips to use in an international phone. Many US phones are missing some international LTE bands.

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

See, Dick Tracy was prescient!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

garza likes this.
  7. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

Switched from the Samsung Galaxy S8+ to the iPhone 8-plus and so much happier.

dml24 likes this.
  8. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

Samsung S9+ with white dome screen protector and a Spigen case. Slim, durable and all around great.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

dml24 and poe47 like this.
  9. egp

egp Empty Pockets

As of today I switched to the LG G7, taking all evening to move things from one phone to the other

poe47 likes this.
  10. crwoody

crwoody Loaded Pockets

I'm not entirely sure how durable a phone is supposed to be, but I've been really disappointed with my recent phone choice. It's an HTC One A9 I got for a good deal at Sprint, and it's been nothing but pure trouble since I got it. Before I had it, I used a Samsung Galaxy s3, which served me faithfully for 4 good years. The HTC lasted about a year, before it would die and refuse to come back. I returned it to Sprint for an exchange (which was frankly like pulling teeth) until I got a replacement model. This one I've had for about 8 months, and it's showing symptoms of dying as well. All I know is I'd like to drop HTC and Sprint, when money allows and I get the chance.