1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. isoarska

isoarska Loaded Pockets

Sadly enough my trusted old OnePlus One kicked the bucket. I purchased Moto G5, since I did not feel like spending several hundred euros...

It is actually quite good phone and dual sim works great, so no more do I have to haul two enormous phablets every day...

2. Elyptic

Elyptic Empty Pockets

Sadly, I'm stuck carrying two phones.

iPhone 6 for work
    Nexus 6p for personal

I really don't stand firmly in either the Android or Apple camps. I use both and have for years. They both have their strengths, and weaknesses. However, I do think that Apple does a better job of protecting a user's privacy than Android, but that can be remedied as well.

Overall, I enjoy my Nexus. Great camera, and has way more than enough function for my life. I also still carry a pocket notebook since I'm not fully digital.

3. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Finally got the Samsung Galaxy S8! Excellent smartphone, fast, best screen I have experienced to date and the camera is better than expected.

The camera on the S8/S8+ takes some of the best low light pictures I have seen from a smartphone. The video quality is the best ever from a Samsung phone!

Last edited by dml24, Jul 18, 2017
    #1903 dml24, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    kikaida likes this.
  4. Andy T

Andy T Loaded Pockets

Galaxy S8. Good phone, except I have major issues with copying files from my network using WiFi. It works great when using WiFi and downloading from the internet, though.

5. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

I've been on a moto g5 plus for a few months now. Very capable phone for not much money.

poe47 likes this.
  6. Cardboard_Robot

Cardboard_Robot Empty Pockets

Been using the Google Pixel XL since it came out. Pretty decent overall. The battery lasts forever which I can't complain about. Compared to my Samsungs I always used I have been a bit disappointed. The display is not as nice as my Note 7 was (before they took it from me) They also wasted too much of the screen by making the bezel look symmetrical on the top and bottom. Not a huge fan of the glass backing or the fingerprint reader either. I would really love this phone if they improved the aesthetics a little bit.

7. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Got me another phone last week in my nevending quest to find a compact reasonably quick phone (that's not an iPhone); a Sony Experia Z3 compact. It's significantly larger than my iPhone 4 (the Goldilocks size for me for pocketability) but i think i can manage. Why are there so few small smartphones these days?

Time will tell if this one is small enough for me... For 40 bucks it sure is worth a shot.

Tallboyjim likes this.
  8. enine

enine Loaded Pockets

LG G6. After the mistake of buying the BlackBerry Priv I let the guy in the cell phone store recommend for me. So far its been fine.

9. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Yes yes and thrice yes. Do to a minor miscommunication in tallboy industries board room I'm the proud owner of a Samsung S8. Plus. It's not much bigger I was assured. It's huge. I've still got my iPhone 5s which it dwarfs. I really like the Samsung useabilty and me and android are getting along famously. But in less than2 years, something smaller is coming!

There are no small smart phones apart from Sony. Samsung have always been a bit bigger and when the iPhone SE goes (and it won't be long now) they will all be hefty. Pocket technology isn't keeping up though! There has to be a breaking point surely?

10. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

Moto g5 plus. The mid-range phones are cheap and very capable.

11. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

I'm planning on getting a new phone in the coming months. My HTC 10 battery is not holding its charge. Was thinking of sticking with HTC but the Google Pixel and Samsung Galaxy phones are enticing.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

12. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

My wife has the regular s8.... That one is already too large for any pocket, cant imagine how bad a plus has to be. Now i do love a large smart device, i still use android tablets and my main tinker device is still the trusty old note 3 (a hair smaller than your s8+) but i simply can not imagine pocketing it on a daily basis! I do completely understand now why most young people have cracked screens, its because they actually try to carry these oversized devices on their person. That's just an accident waiting to happen. Maybe that's what phone manufacturers want? It sure sells more phones if they break that fast and as long as they break by 'incorrect use' and not poor build quality nobody will moan about anything i guess.

I have actually considered the iphone SE, i really love that design! Hardware sounds great too. If only it did'n run that locked down apple os crap on there, if some hacker kid ever manages to get functioning android on those i'd give him actual money right then and there and purchase an SE on the spot.

13. Jdjernigan

Jdjernigan Loaded Pockets

iPhone 8+ and no regrets just a little getting used to as far as the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

This will sound crazy, but I am carrying three:
    • iPhone 8: main phone with Dutch number
    • iPhone SE: "world phone" with UK, US, and Australian numbers on the same SIM*
    • iPhone 5S: "local phone" with Hungarian number
    The reason for all these are that I am currently running a project, based in Hungary, that covers North America and Australia too. The US and Oz numbers allow my team members there to contact me without dialling internationally. The local phone serves the same purpose for my Hungarian colleagues.

I am leaving the project shortly so will release the 5S. My new job involves multiple foreign clients so the "world phone" could be useful. The European call rates on the Dutch SIM are lower than the "world" SIM, but I may move the number despite that so as to get down to one phone.

*I use a company called Truphone that contracts with main mobile companies to provide a global service. Each SIM can have a number from up to eight different countries.

15. Mark_Trail

Mark_Trail Loaded Pockets

^
    Cool pic and handle! Do I detect a hint of chap’ism? :) ;)

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

T Shrapnel-Carruthers likes this.
  16. Stepnoi

Stepnoi Empty Pockets

I use IPhone SE 128gb, because of it’s small size... got really tired of big phones...

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Jeffoutlaw76 likes this.
  17. HVACn00b

HVACn00b Loaded Pockets

Personal phone
    iPhone X upgraded from a 7 plus. ( phone didn’t survive a waterfall)

My work just provided me with a S8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. campy

campy Empty Pockets

I replaced a Nokia Lumia 1520 that I'd been using for the last 4 years with an iPhone 6S.

19. poe47

poe47 Loaded Pockets

Google Pixel 2 and a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

20. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

Ordering Samsung Galaxy S9+ within hunt next few days

kikaida likes this.