1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. eacas10

eacas10 Loaded Pockets

2. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Loaded Pockets

Just got mine in too. So far I like it

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

3. rkazooti

rkazooti Loaded Pockets

Iphone 6 se....I don't need a large screen on my phone, I have tablets for that kind of viewing. It fits nicely in my front jeans pocket w/o sticking out or (god forbid) falling out.

4. randyo

randyo Empty Pockets

I'm on my 2nd Galaxy Note 4. I'm going to buy another Exc. condition used one for future use and as a backup. Can't beat it with extra batteries and a 256gb Micro SD card. Best all-around device made in the last 3 years IMHO.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

poe47 likes this.
  5. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Best Buy was having a good promotion on preordering the S8+, so my wife and I upgraded.

[​IMG]

poe47 likes this.
  6. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Nexus 6p right now but upgrade time in 4 weeks and watching the early S8+ reports

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

7. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Same cracked screen Galaxy 6 Active that I've been using.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

8. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I'll admit that the promotion for the $100 off and the free VR Gear worth $129.99 helped prompt me to upgrade our phones. So now we're waiting for our two VR headsets to come in.

[​IMG]
    What I also like is the wireless charging, which my son has had since he already has an Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. I got his wireless charger cheap off of Amazon, and it works good. For my wife's S8+, we got her the OEM Samsung wireless quick charger, which has worked great so far.

I noticed they went with the USB Type C cables, which might be an improvement over the standard micro usb connectors. But it is nice to go wireless charging now.

[​IMG]

Last edited by kikaida, Apr 27, 2017
    #1868 kikaida, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  9. Blitzkrieg
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzkrieg Loaded Pockets

Back on my ancient Nexus 4. The 5X was a pretty good phone except I got the gift of the bootloop error twice. Waiting for my third 5X and I'll probably just sell it on Amazon. Not sure what phone I'm looking for next but I'll be apprehensive to buy another Google device for a while. I love Android but this is a little absurd.

10. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Motorola Moto G. Its a steaming turd. Worst phone I've ever had.

11. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

Moto Z Play Droid.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

12. brj

brj Empty Pockets

Samsung S6 edge plus

^ same here :)

13. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Still plodding along with a Galaxy 4S, but I'm seriously considering getting the 7S now that the 8 is out. My problem with the 4S is that it's completely out of memory and warning me all the time about it. The 7S only has 32Gig internally...still seems like not enough space! Anyone speak to this for me?

14. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

I look at phone storage based off the current OS that is out and at least one major upgrade (unless you want a new phone every year) and camera largely. While they all allow for downgrading the recording quality, why buy a phone with 4k video only to record at 1080 to save space? When I got my iphone 6 almost two years ago I opted for 64gig as the minimum with no on board expand-ability. With the new iteration at the end of this year coming, I would go for 120+ if I were to upgrade...same goes for the android platform. Once you add in a few apps, especially if you're a social media user (facebook, snap, instagram, etc), maybe a couple movies for when you travel, some music for your trip to work and you get a descent amount of email. It doesn't take long for 32/64 gigs to disappear.

15. Lellobeetle

Thanks very much for your response. Problem is the 7S only comes with 32 gig. I can not get anything bigger. I'm sure I can use my memory card which is another 32 gig but like you, I'd like to get 100+ gig if possible because I'm just going to be in the same position in a few years.

16. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

My wife and I just upgraded from the
    My wife and I just upgraded from the S4, and I'm assuming that you're talking about the S7 because the S8 just came out and there is no iphone 8 yet.

If you're going to upgrade, then why not the S8? It has 64GB onboard memory and the capability to take up to 256GB micro SD cards to expand the memory. When up insert a microSD card, the phone informs you that camera storage is automatically assigned to the microSD card. Personally, I have a 64GB microSD card in mine, so 64GB onboard memory + 64GB microSD card = 128GB total memory. I plan on buying a 128GB microSD card later this month.

17. Lellobeetle

Sorry - Yes, I meant the S7 but said 7S. Sorry. I may do as you suggest - especially since it doubles yet again over the S7 in terms of built-in memory.

18. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

My S6 Active took another fall.
    Landed on one corner. Bounced to fall on a different corner and finally ended up face down on concrete. Unbelievably the screen looks no worse than it did. How about that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

19. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Since I'm just coming off of my S4 Active, like you, you will appreciate the new features:

Higher resolution rear camera (12 megapixel) - currently rated as the best cell phone camera by a number of reviewers
    Higher resolution front camera ( 8 megapixel) - much better for selfies and video calls
    Quckcharge 3.0 - the ability to charge your phone extremely fast. Apple still doesn't have anything near this technology
    Wireless charging - extremely convenient. Wireless charging has been around since the S6. Apple still doesn't have wireless charging up to now.

And of course, it can use the Samsung Gear Virtual Reality headset.

Lellobeetle likes this.
  20. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I had the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and we got our son the S6 Active. It's pretty durable alright.

Lellobeetle likes this.