1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. pantagana23

pantagana23 Loaded Pockets

Iphone 6s currently, after having 5s before. Although the reliability of the 5s was a breaktrough in reliability, after having an HTC Android before.
    The 6s just doesn't do it, having at least 2 glitches per week (camera freezing, overheating, wifi issues etc.), so I'm switching back to Android after on my contract renewal. It is remarkable how much better the 5s was in every aspect over 6s, excluding screen size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Still using my S4 mini with an Otter case. Problem for me is the size. I can't see myself with a 5'' phone in my pocket. I'm eyeballing a Sony Z5 compact but I'll wait since an S7 mini is rumored... Seems like I'm a rare fan of small phones and there is not a lot of choices under 5''.

3. pantagana23

Z5 compact has overheating issues. Also, we ordered 6 of them for our company, two were already back on warranty due to issues during phonecalls.

derfyled likes this.
  4. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Thanks for pointing this out. A quick search showed me you are right about the overheating issue. I guess I'll end up with a 5''. Maybe not, I've heard that Sony will soon launch a new 4,6'' phone to replace the Z5 compact. Hope they solved the problems.

5. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Apple makes a small iPhone.

derfyled and GaryMc like this.
  6. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

I really prefer Android, that's the problem... My personal and professional life is all set up around Google Agenda, Keep, Contacts and so on.

Last edited by derfyled, Aug 31, 2016
  7. Jp85
    • In Omnia Paratus

Jp85 Loaded Pockets

If anyone has an iphone 6/6s Plus. I have a tech 21 case and an aluminum bumper im willing to give away. PM me if you want it. They are literally collecting dust in my drawer.

[​IMG]

GaryMc likes this.
  8. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

Samsung Galaxy S7 Active

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

9. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee Loaded Pockets

Galaxy S5 Active.

10. zestyalpaca

zestyalpaca Loaded Pockets

Currently iPhone 6. I switch back to android periodically, but my last two phones have been iPhones and I couldn't be happier. Never had any serious or lasting issues, but when my sister's or girlfriend's iPhones have had issues, I took them to the Apple Store and they got new ones for free after a quick genius bar appointment if it couldn't be repaired (once was actually something that was our fault, but they gave her a new phone anyway). They make it easy to get issues dealt with in person and will actually try their best to help you out. Best of all, pretty much any company that makes cases and accessories makes iPhone compatible sizes/versions.

GaryMc likes this.
  11. Wolfhunt3r

Wolfhunt3r Loaded Pockets

My private phone is an iPhone 6 in a cheap bumbercase.
    My work phone is an iPhone 6 in an Otterbox Defender case.

I've used Android-phones only briefly over the years and I liked them also, but at the moment, it's iPhone-bonanza here.

GaryMc likes this.
  12. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

Samsung Galaxy S7 with a lifeproof case

GaryMc likes this.
  13. Paulgl26

Paulgl26 Loaded Pockets

Samsung s7 edge. Got it a week ago and love it

14. Doug F.

Doug F. Loaded Pockets

Samsung Note 4. have had it for about a year and a half and still get a full day out of 1 charge (less at work due to poor network coverage and always searching for a signal)

15. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

I have a Motorola Moto G. It's a little slower than my Samsung S4 Mini was far as web browsing, but otherwise it does very well what a phone is supposed to do...make phone calls and text messages. 95% of my phones use is calls and texts, 4% is web browsing and the last 1% is stuff like conversion calculators, ballistics computer app and my alarm clock.

16. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Samsung S4 still. Still working like a charm and afraid of that S7 battery issue until they get it sorted.

GaryMc likes this.
  17. Siwhite

Siwhite Loaded Pockets

iPhone 5s here - 16gb is quite limiting, especially when I load it with the detailed Ordnance Survey maps we have here in the UK.

GaryMc likes this.
  18. dave421

dave421 Empty Pockets

Did you take it back to Apple? Their CS is typically great for stuff like that. Since it's a 6s it's still in warranty. I've deployed a dozen or so in my company and so far haven't had any issues so what you're experiencing definitely shouldn't be expected.

TKC and GaryMc like this.
  19. pantagana23

Never really tought of that, since all the problems are software related. Two times I got the "overheated" note, it was standing in the sun. And in Croatia in the summer, that 50 degrees. Celsius. I really cannot go to CS with an intermittent problem, as they would be looking at me with "is this guy serious" look.

20. Spike190

Spike190 Loaded Pockets

I was rocking the Sony Xperia Z until 2 weeks ago. It served me really well. Now I got the Samsung Galaxy S7. It is so great!

soundlessnut likes this.