1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. INKGUY79

INKGUY79 Loaded Pockets

My wife uses the tech 21 great case super durable and slim just like the iPhone 6s

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

2. 5280xdmguy

5280xdmguy Loaded Pockets

I'm a fan of the Magpul case. They don't offer the same level of protection as the Otterbox or Lifeproof but they're handy if you carry the phone in a pocket. I've dropped mine before and never had any survivability issues with the Magpul case.

RogerStenning likes this.
  3. brokenoldman

brokenoldman Loaded Pockets

Just upgraded to the Nexus 6P.
    Love it so far!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

Got my new HTC 10 last month. So far it's been a good experience. I love the audio especially when using wired head phones. Amazing sound. It is the first phone I've had that didn't have so much bloat ware. This is the third HTC phone I've owned over the years. It may not be as popular as Samsung or IPhone but that's okay. I'm more interested in performance, style, and great audio.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW

TV09 likes this.
  5. Barbourman04

Barbourman04 Loaded Pockets

Samsung s7 active

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

6. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

Nokia Lumia 830 running Windows 8.1.

I like the weather tile. The tile flips between todays detailed forecast, and a 5 day outlook. The rest of the phone is cludgy, with most apps either having issues, or not running. Its a work phone, so it doesn't cost me anything.

7. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

I've had mine since mid-March, and still like it as much as on day one.

Edit - I could not say the same thing about my Samsung Galaxy S5. I actually came to hate that phone.

8. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

IPhone 6 Plus ALWAYS kept in a Magpul case (except for this picture LOL). Been an iPhone guy since they came out and only buy Apple products for computing, cell phones, & tablets. Guess I'm a bit of an Apple nerd. I have found the Magpul cases to be perfect for me. They are light & slim but provide great protection, grippy yet also slide in & out of pockets with ease, plus inexpensive and Made in the USA. After years of using an Otter Box Defender, the Magpul provides equal protection I feel in a much better form factor. Also have a Love/Hate relationship with the Apple Watch which also performs cell phone functions. Love the features of the watch but the notifications part gets really old after a year of solid use. I still wear it particularly if I'm going to be in meetings or on a business trip but not daily like I did for the year after I received it. The one feature I love about the iPhone and especially with the watch is Apple Pay, which makes payment for items a total breeze when businesses accept it.

[​IMG]

Pic from a business trip last week showing the Apple watch & iPhone. Went back to a Rolex Submariner as soon as I got home, but it is great to get texts, see and answer any emergency calls, and see notifications particularly as I was tied up teaching telecom classes for 2 days without interrupting or having to stop the class. Luckily no emergency calls and I can see most texts & notifications with a quick glance not having to pull a phone out.

[​IMG]

TKC likes this.
  9. Highbinder

Highbinder Loaded Pockets

iPhone SE

It's great for everything OTHER THAN USING IT AS A PHONE :mad: because it has a retardedly low call volume and it's next to impossible to hear most people I speak to on the phone. Apparently it's a common fault with the new iPhones? Who knew, certainly not me.

10. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

I had this exact problem with my iPhone 4 but the 6Plus has great volume & no issues.

11. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I have an iPhone 6S. I too am an apple geek. I have a Decal Girl skin on it, and I use a Tech 21, and that all goes in a green leather Nutshell belt case for it.

GaryMc likes this.
  12. H418982

H418982 Loaded Pockets

I am using the nexus 6p and already have another on order for the wife. Sister couldn't swing the whole thing so she got the 5x. always been an android fan after doing dev work on the OG windows mobile a long time ago.

13. HCFXJ

HCFXJ Loaded Pockets

Samsung S7 edge recently upgraded from S5 which was nice phone for me. S7 is nice upgrade, sporting unicorn beetle pro case.

14. YoungBuddah

YoungBuddah Empty Pockets

Samsung Note 4, Love the removable battery and storage expansion. Battery low? Swap a new battery in. Maxed my memory to 256 GB!

Zoop likes this.
  15. oedipus1978

oedipus1978 Loaded Pockets

iPhone 6S now.Before the 6s I had the iPhone 5S.
    For me and my needs is the best phone.
    The case that I use is the Ringke Max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TKC likes this.
  16. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Me too. I LOVE my iPhone 6S! I am also an Apple Geek; I have a Mac lap top, iPhone, iPad, and iPods.

oedipus1978 likes this.
  17. Havabeer

Havabeer Empty Pockets

Nexus 6P, it smashes pretty much anything on a price:performance comparison in my book.

Just got the wife a S7 and that seems pretty decent, although I'm not really a Samsung fan.

Almost completely abandoned Apple, except for our iPads, much happier for it.

18. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

iPhone 6 which is my first iPhone and I received a $200 gift card when I purchase. I still use my orignal One + when I travel internationally. Super easy to swap sims for cheap data.

After my experience with the iPhone 6 and One +, I will not purchase a stock Android or Samsung phone because the battery management on both are superior to stock Android. You can chose which apps can access your location information. To me turning off location services isn't a real solution but a band aid for Android.

19. Zoop

Zoop Loaded Pockets

Just like YoungBuddah, I have a Samsung Note 4. But it's the last time I'll have a phone with such a large screen.
    In summer it's nearly impossible to carry in your pocket comfortably.

20. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

OTOH, I truly enjoy the large phablets. I use the LG G3, just fractionally smaller than the Note4.

For those of us here over the age of 60 that larger screen makes everything easier to see and read.

RogerStenning likes this.