1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Yesterday I moved up to the iPhone 6s. Still getting used to it's slightly bigger size after the 5s lol

2. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Still using a Galaxy S5 rooted and rommed that I picked up in January 2015. Thinking about picking up a 6P, but that size of a "phablet" makes me hesistant. I really like vanilla android, root and custom roms but thats becoming a rarity on Verizon. The only reason I am staying with Verizon is due to still having unlimited data.

Any one have the 6P in here? How has your experience been?

3. DennisM

DennisM Loaded Pockets

I have a 6+ and am very happy with it. It fits in my shirt or pants pocket, but is large enough for me to use as a tablet computer. It is, in fact, the only computer I use, for email, social media, web browsing, and MS Excel.

4. C.Boland93
    • In Omnia Paratus

C.Boland93 Loaded Pockets

Same jump I made a few weeks ago. Got used to it after about a day, and now I love it. Love love love!

(Also now more apps are beginning to integrate force touch, I'm finding it increasingly useful)

Sent from Catherine's iPhone using Tapatalk.

Cheeser likes this.
  5. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Yeah it's won me over but especially being left handed I have to shift it in my hand to do some functions

6. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

6+ as in Apple 6 Plus or 6P as in Nexus?

Just want to be sure we are talking about the same thing.

DennisM and Cheeser like this.
  7. DennisM

DennisM Loaded Pockets

I was referring to an iPhone 6 Plus

race2c likes this.
  8. jukeace

jukeace Empty Pockets

The Holy Trinity of my mobile phone carry.
    [​IMG]
    Asus Zenfone Selfie, Sony Xperia Mini, and Sony SBH52.

9. 5280xdmguy

5280xdmguy Loaded Pockets

I recently upgraded to the iPhone 6S. Had the 6 for a while and liked it but ended up upgrading. I haven't really noticed much difference between the 6 and the 6S other than my bill went up about $10 a month. I've used Amdroids in the past but really found I prefer Apple.

Cheeser likes this.
  10. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Ahh. I was referring to anyone's experiences with the Nexus 6P. Sorry for the misunderstanding and glad to hear the 6 Plus is working great for you!

11. troutnut

troutnut Loaded Pockets

I upgraded from iPhone 4s to iPhone 6s+. That big screen is sure easy on the old eyes. I've had it for about 3 weeks, I love the fingerprint reader, haven't found much use for the 3D Touch yet, I'm sure they will make apps utilize it more in the future.

Cheeser likes this.
  12. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I thought Apple said a while ago that they would NEVER increase the size of their phones because the small screen was optimal for small hands? After Jobs died, they must have said "now we can increase the screen size".

13. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

kikaida,

I believe the 6+ and the 6S+ were a response to how well Android phones with large displays were selling.

srvctec likes this.
  14. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

And make a tablet with a stylus. All things SJ thought were terrible ideas.

15. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

...yes, and all the devices that have sold more than ever before. I thought larger screens were inevitable on Apple devices as more and more people did more things with their smartphones, e.g., shopping, bill-paying, book-reading, navigation. Once those habits hold, most people wanted or needed larger screens for easier viewing. The activities moved beyond emailing, simple browsing and texting.

16. FeeSimpleAbsolute

FeeSimpleAbsolute Loaded Pockets

So I received my new phone on Monday. I got the LG V10. So far I love it. It has more space than my S3 did by default and still takes a microSD card. If I use it like I used my last phone, I will never run out of room. The screen is bigger, too, and although the phones fits slightly less well in the pockets, I really like the bigger size (which is on topic, at the moment, I guess).

The fingerprint reader is also cool, works well. I haven't tested the camera much yet, but so far the pictures seem great. Definitely better than the S3 (an unfair comparison, since that phone is kinda old now).

Dorian likes this.
  17. js27mw11

js27mw11 Loaded Pockets

Droid Razr Maxx from 2012. The screen is cracked and the battery dies quickly but it still does what I need it to do.

18. Krs

Krs Loaded Pockets

LG something. I do not even know what serie it is. Until a few years ago I always had the latest phone. But now there is a new "best on the market" phone in every 3 to 6 months so I don't even care.

sent from my microwave owen using tapatalk

eng1nerd likes this.
  19. Ataki

Ataki Loaded Pockets

I still use my 1st gen Moto X. It's a great little phone, don't have any complaints.

20. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

Rocking a brand new Iphone 6+. Love it. After years and years of just having a bare bones trac phone from Walmart for emergencies and what not, one of my friends that worked at Verizon got the Iphone 6+, and then like 2 weeks later decided she wanted a new note. Had the Iphone and goes "you want it?" and I'm all "I can't afford that" and she tells me just to throw her a $20 every couple of months to help with the bill for the line and ships it to me.

So I went from, the equivalent of a bicycle, to an Xwing fighter in a few days. lol. Really nice phone. Still getting used to it.

eng1nerd, kikissabiz and Dorian like this.