1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

Bigger, ligther thinner, 4glte, processor is reported to be 2x as fast, new headphones , more effecent connector, now dual band wifi, and larger battery. A truley incremental upgrade.

2. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

To be honest I hear that ios6 won't be able to get free in app purchases once jail broken. If I do get it it will be my work phone. I can not leave my nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Yes, all those things are mainly incremental improvements over the existing 4S. Thinner is somehow an astounding new feature?

Meaning... you can't steal in-app purchases anymore?

4. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

Reducing any devices thickness by 18% and still incresing its battery life is a pretty good accomplishment. Also many small improvments add up to a large improvment. Do you mind telling me what you think would of been monumental improvment? and also point to another device that has made such a great improvment.

5. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Notification Center in iOS 5 was a huge usability improvement (although it was just to catch up to Android)
    Retina Display in the iPhone 4 was a huge improvement (kicked off the demand for high resolution screens)
    The exterior hardware of the 4 is considerably more impressive than most other phones
    Siri was a solid jump forward towards making speech controls usable by normal people (before, quite esoteric)

Basically if you can handle a iPhone 4S, it's pretty easy to imagine what the 5 will be like.

We'll see if the iPhone has solved the 4G battery life sucking problem. My 3G was pretty lousy when it couldn't find a tower, and since 4G has even less of a footprint, it might have the same problem.

Contact integration like Windows Phone would be a good, but it breaks Apple's silo'ed app philosophy.
    No one is sure if the 5 has NFC or not.

I don't think there are going to be any huge improvements in smartphones, their technology is becoming quite mature like PCs.

6. groovster

groovster Loaded Pockets

Work phone is a black iPhone 4 in a black Magpul Executive case. On Verizon network.

My personal phone is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus in an Incipio case. On Verizon 4G LTE network.

Sent from my Samsung-stole-this-from-Apple device using Tapatalk 2.

7. darth_guy101

darth_guy101 Loaded Pockets

I recently upgraded from my iPhone 3GS to a Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T. My friends (all Apple fans) asked why I didn't wait for the iPhone 5. Oh look, the iPhone 5, playing catch-up with all the Android devices. I haven't been impressed by an iPhone since the 4.

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the Google collective.

Myth90045 likes this.
  8. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

Yea. A coworker asked me what os would I choose now that I have used both. I said I'd def go android just because of the customization features you can do out of the box. Without root or in apple terms jail breaking.

Sent from a Samsung Phone. Apple don't sue me!!

9. batteryguru

batteryguru Loaded Pockets

I'll just leave this here.
    [​IMG]

mooshisho and Myth90045 like this.
  10. Soappeddler

Soappeddler Loaded Pockets

That is the most significant reason to get an iPhone. We can discuss the pros and cons of Android vs iOS, but when you get down to it the significant differences are few. As with so many other things in life the best choice in smart phones depends on your needs and expectations.

I agonized over my phone choice for a few weeks until I found a salesperson that was both knowledgeable and objective. After asking me questions and discussing my needs he recommended an Android because I don't have any other Apple products and I like to customize my phone. Other than that either phone would work well for me.

11. batteryguru

Personally, their business practices are the reason I hold so much disdain for them.

BadgerX likes this.
  12. BadgerX

BadgerX Loaded Pockets

The used to be about innovation now there only about litigation

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

13. batteryguru

Even before the great patent wars, their desire to make everything proprietary, locked down, and just plain sterile always had me looking elsewhere.

Sarky likes this.
  14. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

I am a little bummed about loosing some customization options and widgets, but I stopped using widgets a while ago because they killed my battery, and the only real customizing I do is keeping my home screen clean. So I do loose a little bit, but I feel I gain more.

15. 92hummer
    • In Omnia Paratus

92hummer Loaded Pockets

Been using a droid but considering a new Iphone.

16. EmberMike

EmberMike Loaded Pockets

Still on an iPhone 4, and not seeing the need to upgrade yet. I don't need to talk to my phone, and that was the big draw on the 4s. Now the 5 is a minor update as well. Still not convinced its time to spend the money yet.

17. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

There have been lots of comments on now the iPhone 5 is too light. I like my phones with some heft. Thus waiting for the galaxy note 2!!

18. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

The note looks huge! I highly doubt I'd find any girl pockets that could fit that. :oops: Though I wouldn't mind having the $239.00 white Tab 2.0 w/ dock and USB cradle thingie from Costco... It'd be great to have that to work on my schoolwork in the library without having to lug anything large around.

19. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

I had the first note. I liked it but I didn't like the old os so I sold it. Its something you have to get used to. Lol. The tab looks cool but for school use depends on what your doing.

20. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I would only take it to the library to type up essays and such via Google Docs (it supports that, right? It does on my phone...). Light browsing between classes... but not for notetaking. I still prefer pen and paper. :) Not much more than that, really. :) I just need a basic, yet lightweight gadget to use at school. Since I'm biking, (and it shall be so for the next 3 years, at least), I would prefer it to be compact. The keyboard dock makes all the difference with the Tab. I don't mind the screen size at all. I'm used to it since for a while I used Brother's Nook daily for browsing and research.