1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. groovster

groovster Loaded Pockets

After T-Mobile repeatedly buggered up my ETF deal, failed to follow through on several promises to make it right and basically stole one of the phones I sent in as part of their promotion (an iPhone 5C), I made the switch from my Nexus 5 to a Samsung Galaxy S5 on AT&T.

I prefer a more vanilla Android experience, but it's a pretty nice phone. The girlfriend also got an S5 and the girls each got an S4, which were free on contract.

And now I'm preparing for arbitration, or even a lawsuit, with T-Mobile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2. EFras

EFras Loaded Pockets

Samsung Trend... got it when my little Nokia just decided to stop turning on earlier this year.

It's my first "smart" phone, and I'm surprised as how much I like it.

3. ncfh

ncfh Loaded Pockets

I finally upgraded from my iphone 3G to a Nexus 5, yay!

All I had to do was get a new, smaller SIM from AT&T and then I trashed and/or removed ALL the Google centric crapola.

I even managed to retain my old school unlimited plan yet again.

So far I love it. It may take awhile to sort through all the apps to find the ones you want to use, especially for core tasks; phone, SMS, email, etc., but it's totally worth it in the end. I could never go back to Apple now.

groovster and alexvpaq like this.
  4. alexvpaq

alexvpaq Loaded Pockets

I just got a nexus 5 too. I was thinking Oh man... I'm probably making a mistake, it's so big. In the end... Best decision I've made in a while, I love the huge screen and the extra power, now I look back and I don't want to go back to a smaller phone *shrugs* Who would have thought such a big phone made so much sense.Also, I got lucky, It ended up being free except well the monthly bills but I enjoyed walking it out of the door without giving a penny.

5. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

Nexus 5 since January after moving to T-Mobile. I really enjoy this phone. I had a Nexus 4 previously (which I kept as a spare). I ended up buying five Nexus 5 phones for the whole family. Looking forward to Android 'L' announced today at Google I/O.

6. hunter s gatherer
    • In Omnia Paratus

hunter s gatherer EDC Junkie!!!

None! I know they have EDC utility, but I just can't stand being that connected all the time.

7. PPCApache
    • In Omnia Paratus

PPCApache Banned

I bought a Nokia Lumia 630 a week ago after leaving my last job as they supplied my work phone which was an Android phone.

Liking WP8.1 , works well and the size is good. Looking at either the 1520 or 930 over the coming weeks when I find a new job..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 630 using Tapatalk

8. certifiednut

certifiednut Loaded Pockets

note 3, awesome!

Americanozzy likes this.
  9. jdcovington1122

jdcovington1122 Loaded Pockets

10. madjoe86

madjoe86 Loaded Pockets

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 4s to the Samsung Galaxy S5. Im very happy with the swap, but its taking some time getting used to Android OS again.

11. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

iPhone 5s

SMAJ and Jake333 like this.
  12. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

Samsung Galaxy S5. Besides my work flip phone, didn't have a personal phone for about 5 years or so. I really diggin' all the do-dads on it. It's pretty high tech. Takes pictures and can send texts :)

c99camper likes this.
  13. de Vries
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

de Vries EDC Junkie!!!

Samsung XCover2.
    IP67 rated, it can take underwater photo's. :frantic:
    It's just like an air bag in a car. You don't want to try it but it's good to know it's there.

14. T0shis

T0shis Loaded Pockets

Just got Sony z1 compact
    Any suggestions regarding case/bumper?

15. Jordan Stawarz

Jordan Stawarz Loaded Pockets

Picked up a new iPhone 5s for my wife and myself for $65 dollars out the door at Best Buy this past weekend. Thought we did pretty well. Phone seems to be doing fine for now.

16. 5280xdmguy

5280xdmguy Loaded Pockets

I've actually been considering dumping my smart phone in favor of going back to a flip phone and I was just looking at this one today. I'm not "old" by any means just looking to simplify a little. I find myself always wired and always checking e-mail, news whatever the case may be. I just want to disconnect a little. Glad to hear you like though. Anyone else have any reviews or tips for going back to the way of the flip phone?

17. Ronin89

Ronin89 Loaded Pockets

Im running a Galaxy S Blaze.

18. Americanozzy

Americanozzy Loaded Pockets

Just upgraded from a galaxy s3 to a note3. Love the phone. Picked up an otter box defender case for it. The s3 will now be my backup phone in case something happens to the note. I had my s3 in an otter box armour case so the new note 3 in the defender case is only slightly bigger overall just not as thick.

19. KLF

KLF Loaded Pockets

Personal phone still the same HTC One X, work phone just got upgraded from iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4s 64GB.
    I bought it used from friend, with broken front and back glass. Had them replaced and now I have phone that looks like new :) (and total cost was around 50% of a used one that wouldn't need repairs).

20. dude5767

dude5767 Loaded Pockets

Moto X great phone does everything I need and fits the hand really well. Excellent battery life to boot.