1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ericjohn

ericjohn Loaded Pockets

Alcatel 871A. I have had it since December 26 2013 and it gets the job done for me. I wish the browser was more user friendly and displayed pages better. Other than that it is VERY feature packed. I use it as a portable hard drive (I put a Micro SD card in it.) I can charge it off my computer and view the files on it from my computer while doing so. It has the capabilities of also being used as a webcam and tethered modem (though AT&T forbids me using it.) It is a shame because I have unlimited 3G data. What I don't get is if AT&T didn't want me to use it as a tethered modem, then why does the phone even have that feature? I keep it in the mp3 player slot of my edc backpack or my left front pocket.

2. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

AT&T doesn't have in true unlimited data anymore. They will still charge you for unlimited data, but if you exceed a certain threshold, they begin to throttle your data rates. I was talking with a friend yesterday who does IT work for a living. He let his unlimited plan go and switched to a 10GB plan and added tethering. He looked through his records and realized he was averaging 4GB a month. He saved $100 a month by doing so.

SMAJ likes this.
  3. Owen57

Owen57 Empty Pockets

Just moved from an iPhone 4 to a Nexus 5, love the Nexus. I'm not returning to Apple without something special on offer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. tomothy23

tomothy23 Loaded Pockets

Galaxy S3 running Hypermax 6.1 ROM. I have had the phone for 2 years. I was originally going to buy a new phone, but this ROM changed my mind.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

5. PiperCub49

PiperCub49 Loaded Pockets

HTC One M8...simply WOW.

6. nicknapp

nicknapp Loaded Pockets

Same here! I love this phone!

7. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

HTC one m8 here as well, made the switch from att to Verizon a couple weeks ago and figured I'd break free from the iPhone empire at the same time. Getting used to the size difference is almost complete but took a while. I'm a fan of android now though and the battery life is amazing.

8. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

gemini and powerring like this.
  9. Mr. Gadget

Mr. Gadget Loaded Pockets

Iphone 4s but i am getting a Galaxy Note 2

From the pockets of a 16 year old prepper.

10. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

My first smart-phone was the Galaxy S. The next phone and still current is the Galaxy Note 2. I really like the big screen. Viewing videos, surfing the web and text are much easier for 64 yr old eyes. The screen is sharp. The camera is more than acceptable and when not using my Canon 60D, the Note 4 is my default snap shot camera. Videos are also good. Video quality diminshes in poor or very low light. Only Nokia does really well in low light settings.

The Note 4 will be launched sometime in Oct/Nov this year. That will bring prices for the Note 2 and the Note 4 much lower. A great time to think of that upgrad!

vegassprky, I to like Nokia's 900 and 1000 series phones, they are really good phones with some of the best camera's and video abilities of all the smartphones.

11. ZangLussuria

ZangLussuria Loaded Pockets

Is that the iPhone pepper spray attachment?

I use a Samsung Galaxy Beam.
    Has a built-in projector. It's dual core so it won't compete with the modern smartphones but I've watched a lot of movies and series on this thing. Handy since my work makes me travel a lot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WenV, groovster, able_man and 4 others like this.
  12. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Now that is Cool! ^^^

powerring likes this.
  13. SMAJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SMAJ Loaded Pockets

hmm, this is good to know. I have the legacy "unlimited" data, and for one phone I know I pay way too much...gonna call these guys tomorrow and get some relief! :frantic:

14. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

After looking (and failing to find) a nice fitting sleeve for my phone i decided to make one myself yesterday;

[​IMG]

Difficulty in finding one was the frame i have around my phone, it makes for an awkward sized device.....

[​IMG]

And thats how my EDC multipurpose computer device (some call it a phone but its more than that) rides in my pocket/bag!

groovster and kye4some like this.
  15. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

The projection looks kind of blurry. Does it look that bad in person, or is that just a from the picture?

16. HoboCoastie

HoboCoastie Loaded Pockets

SGSV. Love it.

17. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

Just got an LG Volt. I'm very happy with it.

18. ZangLussuria

ZangLussuria Loaded Pockets

just from the picture. I just grabbed that pic off the net.
    Specs say that a 50 inch projection can be made. I've done it but in a very dark room and the bigger the projection, you can see the pixels of the projector.
    I think a good compromise is about 30 inches or so projection. Still big enough to watch a film. Slightly struggling with really dark films but still watchable.

19. Sparkdave

Sparkdave Loaded Pockets

S5, although I like it a lot I seem to have a few problems with mine occasionally have to restart it to get reception. Oh we'll back to vodka phone tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. PPCApache
    • In Omnia Paratus

PPCApache Banned

Well after finishing up as a Samsung Rep I had to buy a new phone, the main requirements were the ability to use Email, Word docs, Internet and of course calls/sms and all had to be under $250 AUD.

Well I bought the Nokia Lumia 630 in black. I didn't think I would like it as much as I have over the last couple of days. What do I like about it...

* The live tiles and other tiles are actually really good.
    * The key board it great and the predictive text is so much better.
    * It's fast and smooth.
    * Apps are clean looking, example TapaTalk is smother and just looks that much better WP8 than Android.
    * It's loud, ringtones, music just so much better.

Here is a stock photo...
    [​IMG]
    Sent from my RM-977_1008 using Tapatalk