1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

Just upgraded last week to the galaxy s4

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

2. Greenjeans

Greenjeans Loaded Pockets

3. dekandhisguitar

dekandhisguitar Loaded Pockets

Galaxy note 2 and loving it!

4. Justinicus

Justinicus Loaded Pockets

I've been an iPhone guy ever since I left Palm, but the 5 just didn't do it for me. So when it came to the States last fall, I jumped ship and bought a Galaxy Note 2. Love this thing. Great for moderate web surfing, handles video ok with its 5.5in screen, and it's currently carrying 64GB of movies, music, and podcasts. I never have to struggle with built-in memory. Apple has alot of work to do if they want me back.

5. The British Are Coming

The British Are Coming Loaded Pockets

I've always been a bit of a Luddite when it comes to phones, so I've only recently upgraded to an IPhone 3 my brother gave me after he upgraded to an Android something or other. I also have an old LG one I carry too. It has better battery life than the IPhone and is on a different network, so I've got a backup if the Iphone battery dies or the network goes down.

6. Old Soul

Old Soul Loaded Pockets

Just switched from a Casio Commando to an iPhone 4S and so far there is no comparison. The iPhone is far ahead of the Casio. My job provides my phone so I take what I get but I am much happier for my purposes with it.

7. 92slammer

92slammer Loaded Pockets

samsung galaxy note 2...love it

8. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Me too. LifeProof case:) Its a must in my line of work:D

9. HarryN

HarryN Loaded Pockets

Nokia E7 unlocked. Yes it runs Symbian Belle. Yes I love it. Real keyboard, built in free maps and I can back it up to my pc without needing to put my private info into the cloud.

I have thought about the 808 with the fancy camera.

I could deal with converting to windows if I didn't have to do a cloud back up of my info, but for this area, it is no better than the similar android problem.

10. ase97

ase97 Loaded Pockets

Yes definitely, gives you the protection of an otter box and is much slimmer and for a bonus it's water proof!

SAKplumber likes this.
  11. Nodust

Nodust Empty Pockets

iPhone 4S. Lifeproof case. Next one I'm getting max storage GB.

12. Boots

Boots Empty Pockets

After a lot of agonising over this decision, went with the iPhone 5. A good deal through work made the decision easier, but having a Mac, iPad and iPod meant that everything syncs really easily.

Still prefer a pen and paper though, so dont use some of the features to best effect yet. Also have an old Nokia with a pay as you go SIM in my car kit as a back up.

13. Merc

Merc Loaded Pockets

I'm using a Samsung S5690. Good enough for work, outdoor and geocaching.
    [​IMG]

14. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

Did those of you with the Lifeproof cases bother with the water test or just roll with it?

Jeff

15. VinceRN

VinceRN Loaded Pockets

I think a modern smart phone is an important part of EDC. Besides the obvious communications uses I find the apps that utilize the sensors useful from time to time, and have a Swiss Army Knife app that has lots of useful little tools in it. Also, being able to set it up as a wifi hotspot on occasion is very useful.

Mine is an HTC Android phone, but they all, Android and iPhone, do pretty much the same things.

Sachmo likes this.
  16. Sachmo

Sachmo EDC Junkie!!!

iPHONE 5. Provided by work, otherwise it would be a less expensive iphone4, maybe... I really liked my blackberry curve :)

17. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Got rid of my Samsung E105 a few days ago. Okay, didn't get rid of it . . . Got rid of T-Mobile!

Haven't been under contract in years, loyal customer for over a decade. I don't use my phone on a daily basis. But let's face it, you need one nowadays because it does indeed come in handy and useful quite a few times. So one day, not too long ago, I reach for my phone to make a somewhat important call. And what do I see? My phone is set to "Emergency Calls Only" mode. You know, the type of mode you get for dialing 911 on any old cellphone that no longer has service on it. Yeah! Not happy!

Takes just awhile but it becomes clear what took place. T-Mobile got my last payment by mail, late. Not my fault since I always send it in on time. So, someone at their processing center or at the post office screwed up. I didn't get a courtesy call or even a courtesy text message informing me that service was going to be cut off. They just cut it off. When I called them from home and confronted the customer service rep. and then his manager about my little theory regarding their greedy, scumbag, company policy; neither one even tried to deny it. Not even a feeble attempt. I made it clear that they lost a long-time, loyal, customer because I refuse to have anything to do with a company run by such scumbags that they would approve simply cutting off a customer's phone whenever they felt like it.

Got a new phone with TracFone as the carrier. Not ideal. If someone on the other end is on speaker-phone, the reception is abysmal. But it might be due to the phone instead. I don't care. It was cheap, works when I need it to, works well without dropping calls, and even has a couple of useful features my old Samsung didn't. Plus, it's pre-paid. Everyone I know has been telling me to get pre-paid. No contracts, more minutes, lower costs, etc.

I was happy with T-Mobile . . . until they pulled that greedy scumbag $#!%.

Should have gotten pre-paid long ago. Oh well, get to enjoy it now on my new Samsung S125G. Nothing fancy. But works quite well as a phone. Which is most important to me.

18. Hawk9807

Hawk9807 Loaded Pockets

iPhone 4 personal phone and Blackberry for work. Seriously considering getting away from the iPhone 4 and going with the Note2 by Samsung.

Justinicus likes this.
  19. Justinicus

Justinicus Loaded Pockets

I did that, once upon a time. I was sick of paying AT&T $85/mo for my smartphone service. The way they raised prices and lowered quotas for (at the time) abysmal data service had me fed up. So when my iPhone 3G died, I went out and bought a pretty nice feature phone on Cricket. Decided I was gonna pull that mobile broadband needle out and go cold turkey.

It didn't take. I went crawling back for another fix in 6 weeks. Partly because I hard a hard time giving up the Internet, but even more because Cricket Wireless was a nightmare. Won't waste the space here, but if anyone's interested, a quick Google search for "[carrier name] sucks" will get you the dirt on any of them. I ended up giving the $150 phone away with 2 weeks of unlimited service left to a friend of a friend who'd hit hard times, just to be rid of them.

I hope your pre-paid experience is better than mine was!

20. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

So far so good. Even though it's been only a few days. My best friend swears by Boost Mobile for pre-paid Smartphone service. I'll try it when I get a bit more money. I just needed something real cheap and reliable right now, only for making phone calls.