1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

You are missing the word “may” deprioritize. The AT&T plans are not a hard cap throttle. I have AT&T and have never noticed my speeds being slowed except in areas of poor coverage such as west Texas and New Mexico where I actually have no coverage at times. My son has used more than 100 GB in several different months with no throttling by AT&T.

2. michaelh73

michaelh73 Loaded Pockets

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 128GB.

3. Marskindri

Marskindri Loaded Pockets

Bought Huawei Mate 30 Pro last day.

4. Glock40

Glock40 Empty Pockets

S20 ultra

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

5. campy

campy Empty Pockets

iPhone XS

6. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

iPhone 7+. How many more years is this phone still good, like receiving updates mine is 3 years old is it worth keeping for another year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

iPhones are as good as the carrier support for the bands of the iPhone. I have an iPhone 5S on Red Pocket knowing Red Pocket does not support visual voicemail and Apple provides no support but the text, phone and slow internet work. The 5S has a more limited coverage range compared to newer iPhones but serves the purpose intended.

Since you made 2 similar post concerning iPhone 7 support, check out Slickdeals or Groupon for newer phone deals.

8. andrej

andrej Loaded Pockets

MOTOROLA V3i

9. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

Samsung Note 10 plus.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

10. HungryMelon

HungryMelon Empty Pockets

iPhone 12 pro max with a red bumper case

11. countrydirt

countrydirt Loaded Pockets

12. egp

egp Loaded Pockets

Took advantage of an offer Verizon has, I've gone to the dark side and upgraded to an iphone 12 Max Pro. Due to chip shortages, a lot of the Android stuff is hard to get, I wanted the top Samsung, but they are out of stock, with an estimated in-stock date of not until the end of June to mid-July. Now to really try and figure this darn thing out.

13. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Once you figure it out, it will be hard to go back.

egp and garza like this.
  14. HungryMelon

It’s a nice phone…I’ve always been intrigued by Samsung, but can’t seem to leave the iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. egp

egp Loaded Pockets

I had the Samsung S5, then the S6, which left a horrible taste in my mouth (the phone had a glass back, which was actually a part of the antenna, the day I bought mine, I set it on the counter to charge, 8 hours later the back was cracked, and no one had touched the phone, Verizon claimed abuse, Samsung claimed abuse, Best Buy claimed abuse, despite the fact that there was no other damage to the phone. Verizon records showed the phone was activated at the store, moved 7.5 miles, and didn't move again for 12 hours until it was taken back to the store, and had only 30 minutes of use. An independent electronics person looked at the phone and suggested a heat/stress crack of the glass back, possible caused by the heat generated while the phone was charging, sitting on a cold counter top, in a house with the a/c set at 70 deg. As a result of the crack, the phone could never get better than 3 bars of service. 2 yrs later, I learned that there were over 500 complaints out of 4,500 phones sold, nationwide about a similar problem, on S6's with an early serial number), after threatening to switch to AT&T (my wife had been with Verizon and 3 predecessors since 1991) they gave me an HTC OneSeven, which was an awesome phone. Then LG came out with the G5, that had a replaceable battery, Best Buy ran a promo the first weekend available to buy the phone, and for $50 more they would give 2 more batteries and a charger. So the wife and I bought 2 new phones, got 4 extra batteries and 2 chargers. After two years, I upgraded to the G7 Thinq, which has been a great phone until the last 2 months, it started to have random hiccups so I figured I'd have to replace it soon. The wife was on a 4 yr old phone, that between 6 batteries, none could hold a charge longer than 4 hours, so it was time to upgrade both. She got a Motorola out of the deal.

16. egp

egp Loaded Pockets

After always having Android phones, there is a serious learning curve

17. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

My work phone is a Samsung S21 which is a good phone. To me the durability and length of OS support is lacking compared to an iPhone. My personal phone is an iPhone 12. The best reason to have a work phone is leaving work at home when I go out or on vacation.

18. HungryMelon

That's one thing that I'm wanting to do, get a work phone but I don't want to have a whole other phone plan to pay for. Might get a prepaid one or month to month that's cheaper..

19. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Fortunately my work provides the phone with no input from the employees and covers all costs.

20. Revj

Revj Loaded Pockets

An iPhone 12 Pro Max 512 in graphite wrapped in an Otterbox Defender with a privacy glass on the front.

egp and jag-engr like this.