1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What cell phone are you using now?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Myth90045, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Dirt

Dirt Empty Pockets

2. Dirt

Dirt Empty Pockets

Just upgraded from a Samsung flip phone to a brand new (to me) Iphone 8. Man, is this thing fast :)

garza likes this.
  3. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

i said the same thing when upgrading from my iPhone 8 to the iPhone 12. My neighborhood has AT&T 5G deployed.

4. Guerilla

Guerilla Loaded Pockets

I just upgraded my iPhone XR to an iPhone 12 Pro on Thursday, but they didn't have any in stock locally so it is supposed to arrive Monday. My kids like when I get new phones because I don't trade in, so one of them is getting it.

5. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

6. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

Finally retired my aging HTC 10. It came down to the Samsung Galaxy S20, the iPhone 11 Pro, and the Google Pixel 4a or 5.

Frankly, the best cost-effective choice would've been the Google Pixel 4a 5G. It's an excellent value. I was tempted to go with that as a hold-over to the Pixel 6 next year, but the Pixel 5 called to me. The massive 4080 mAh battery plus "perfect" form factor for pocketing made it the best choice. Also nice to have induction charging, which the 4a 5G lacks. I've had the phone for a month now and really love it. So well done!

7. Glock40

Glock40 Empty Pockets

S20 Ultra

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

8. kukla

kukla Loaded Pockets

I'm curious to know how much people are spending on their phones & service.
    Recently I got the bug to replace my 11 year old flip phone with a shiny new smart phone.
    Found a phone I liked at about $400.00 (Samsung Galaxy A51).
    Nothing extravagant, but a nice phone.
    Then I figured in the cost of service for it.
    Turns out, over a period of two years, the phone + the service would run me about $2500.00!
    I squashed the bug.

Last edited by kukla, Jan 3, 2021
    #2088 kukla, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  9. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Go prepaid with Red Pocket which offers service through AT&T, T Mobile and Verizon from $10 per month with limited data. FYI, the 3 remaining majors will soon require an LTE capable phone as they phase out the older wireless networks.

10. jemhouston
    • +2 Supporter

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

Just switch to Galaxy A20. Any bigger I'd need wheels on it. -:)

11. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Still a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 , cant see the need to change and the newer version phones have deleted stuff I like ( headphone jack etc )

To a degree we have reached the point where a phones ability, features aren't going to be pushed by most users even a mid and lower range handset can do all you need.

Next its just waiting until we get decent open source platforms to run on the handsets

12. Krs

Krs Loaded Pockets

When I have to buy a new phone, I always buy something that was THE top phone 2-3 years ago. Those are still pretty good phones, but on a more affordable price. Last year (2020) I bought iPhone 8, which was the top thing in 2017. Still works... :) response time is pretty good, camera is fine, there is NFC, ApplePay, it syncs to cloud automatically, all of my smart gadgets has the control app on iOS. Even my "smart" washing machine has an app for iOS :) I mean a washing machine... it's crazy.