1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What case do you use for your tablet (meaning iPad, Fire, etc...)

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Moshe ben David, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Kind of depends on which OtterBox case you use. The 'Defender' seemed bulky to me for my purposes so I did not get that one. I opted for the Symmetry Folio case. Not nearly as bulky. I suspect not as robust as the 'Defender'; but I never carry my iPad by itself so this seemed like it would be OK for me. So far I'm very happy with the choice.

YMMV

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

DIlan likes this.
  2. DIlan

DIlan Loaded Pockets

I thought on Defender at first. But since you're not wearing it... seems like a logical choice.

3. KLF

KLF Loaded Pockets

I have a smart case for my iPad mini 2. On screen I've put tempered glass protector.

With that case, iPad still fits into my jeans front pocket. Cannot sit with it in there but it works when I walk from A to B, leaves my hands free to carry other stuff.

4. nice65

nice65 Loaded Pockets

Devicewear. And I pay loads to get it imported. A Devicewear iPad cover lasted 4 yrs of daily use. The previous efforts were just cardboard that went on the hinge. Zagg for the screen, Devicewear for the case. I like both companies, their customer service is brilliant, and that counts for a lot personally.

IPhone is clad in Rhinoshield. Once I'd seen the 23" forklift drop, I was kinda convinced. Then the 3" ball bearing was dropped on the screen.

5. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Loaded Pockets

I use the Logitech Ultra Slim Keyboard Cover for the iPad Air. My iPad usually lives in the padded laptop compartment of my backpack, so I'm not worried about it getting damaged. The cover is good for keeping the screen from getting banged inside the bag. I like to use the iPad like a mini laptop as I never really got comfortable typing on the screen. (too big for thumbs only, no feedback for proper typing).

6. FireCapt

FireCapt Loaded Pockets

I've had a generic rugged case (similar to OtterBox) on my tablet for 3 years. Dropped several times on different surfaces over those 3 years with out an issue. Think I gave less than 10 bucks for it

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

7. newnan3

newnan3 Loaded Pockets

Cheap lime green silicone one I found on ebay for my ipad mini. Before that I had an incase back with the apple magnetic cover. They both gave out after 5 years.

8. McGuyver

McGuyver Loaded Pockets

iPad mini4 in a LifeProof NUD. Had I seen the Pelican offerings before ordering I would have gone with their version that has a book style screen cover. All in all I've had several years of flawless protection from various LifeProof cases on various devices and my employer purchased nearly 500 iPhone 5s about two years and outfitted all with the LifeProof cases--not a single screen has been cracked yet and you have to figure with that many phones in a hospital, they are getting dropped all the time.

larrym63 likes this.
  9. madjoe86

madjoe86 Loaded Pockets

iPad in an Otterbox Defender
    LG G pad in a cheapo incipio case from the cell phone store, because they don't sell Otterbox cases for them.
    and, Samsung Galaxy S7 (I know it's not a tablet) in an Otterbox Defender.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

10. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I had an Otterbox for my iPad Mini and tried it when we moved up to the Air 2, but I found it too bulky for my needs. I found a Logitech EPS cover and love it. I also got rid of the Otterbox for my iPhone 6 Plus because it made it HUGE. I have a simple Rock case now that has protected it very well. I have a Gorilla Glass screen protector on both devices.

madjoe86 likes this.
  11. madjoe86

madjoe86 Loaded Pockets

Otterbox cases do make a device pretty hefty. I seem to enjoy the heft though. I'm clumsy so I figure the fat cases will be easier to hold on to lol

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge.

charlie fox likes this.
  12. Moshe ben David

Look at my post up above. I found the OtterBox Symmetry folio does a reasonable job on my iPad mini, without much heft. Since I don't carry the iPad around only by itself but rather carry it my bag when I carry it, this works out pretty good.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

13. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Otterbox for my iPad Pro 9.7

madjoe86 likes this.
  14. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Otterbox Defender. Adds quite a bit of weight, but I have already said that if I drop this thing and break it, I won't get another.

madjoe86 likes this.
  15. LaVillaStrangiato11

LaVillaStrangiato11 Loaded Pockets

Love my case for my Samsung Tab S 10.5!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

i do glass screen protectors and sometimes skins. beyond a typical bag i might use a maratac tacpad

17. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

+1. Mine has been abused and is still no worse the wear. I sometimes look at the sharper looking cases, especially leather ones, but like the protection offered by the defender.

18. Moshe ben David

I also like Otterbox. I use the Symmetry Folio for my iPad Mini; I never carry it by itself but always in my bag so this works pretty well.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

SOS24 likes this.