1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What can you remove from your EDC carry?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Mumbojumboo, Feb 6, 2016.

1. balder77

balder77 Uber Prepared

[​IMG]Remove?????? Can anyone translate this for me?:bounce:
    Just kidding:
    Sometimes little changes depending on mood, situation or other circumstances.
    For example the praetorian seems not to be to hit the spot on a demo or city situation,so I would size it down to an alox Vic or the Brkt PSK.
    Greets, Chris

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  2. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I can remove everything but my eyeglasses, keys, and wallet, assuming I want to leave the house and see anything closer than arm's length that day. If I'm inside the house the only thing I carry is the eyeglasses.

3. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not EDC but I found a pack of tamper resistant bits at the bottom of my back pack. Not sure what I think I'm going to do with these... dismantle a bathroom stall. Cool but belong in the shop.

[​IMG]mumbo tamper resistant by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

Nick4305 and sungame like this.
  4. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I needed a spanner bit for a very specific, once every two years chore today at work (thermocouple on a ion source). Was bothered that I had done the same thing.

But you know what, I didn't put them back in my bag when I got home.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  5. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Oh, they are great bits and the last time I changed the scale on my Hinderer those spanners would have been nice but I had no idea where they were.. I'll be honest. I don't think I could name most of those. Without a google search. :)

iacchus likes this.
  6. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

If I were completely honest I could drop my large folder and downsize my flashlight. Normally I carry a ZT 0566 and a Fenix PD35, but most days I could do without either...

Do NOT let my wife know I just said that!

soundlessnut likes this.
  7. soundlessnut

soundlessnut Loaded Pockets

I dropped my ZT0560BW because it was just too big, hardest decision I've made in a while. Now I carry a sog flash 2, not quite the same quality but it's smaller at least

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Koogan

Koogan Loaded Pockets

I've decided to leave my folder at home for a couple of days, as an experiment, since I never really need it. It's been a week and I didn't need it once, as expected (I have my vic classic and as of the 23rd a swisscard). However it's always a strugle when I leave home, thinking "what if there's an emergency and I need it?"

DIlan likes this.
  9. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

Very true with regard to bottle openers. We like Michelob Ultra which has twist off caps. I used to carry a one piece multi tool (Brewser, Doohickey, Shard) on my keyring all the time but I can't remember the last time I used the bottle opener function. Useful to have a prytool/scraper function, if for no other reason for scratch tickets so your fingernails don't get messy.

Maybe I'll put my Sears 4 way screwdriver on my keychain and see how I like that.

10. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I'm always amused at suggestions of which tool to scratch off the lottery tickets. Unless one's pockets are totally empty, any coin will do. And usually we have at least one on hand!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

11. ElSockoBlanco

ElSockoBlanco Loaded Pockets

Especially over the last few weeks where I kept browsing this forum more and more, I´ve constantly been looking around for new stuff to add to my EDC; bitsets, selfdefense, backup, "toys", first aid, new backpack, knives, flashlights, this and that....you know the drill.
    Just to make it perfect. And I must say I did spent a respectable amount of money on new stuff in the last time...stuff I didn´t miss when I didn´t know about it...

So maybe it´s time for me to come "back to the basics" and take a little of that load off my pockets and keep it with a quote from Saint-Exupery who once wrote: "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

On the other hand...who wants perfection? ;)

Simon

sungame and DIlan like this.
  12. DIlan

DIlan Loaded Pockets

I'm trying to minimalist in every sphere of life even EDC... so I tend not to double things in EDC...For example, I won't carry two knives which are similar in size/purpose etc.

sungame likes this.