1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What bags did you buy so far for Black Friday?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Bloodstriker, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Loaded Pockets

Curses! I saw the 5.11 Black Friday threat and decided that it would be a great idea to go to the 5.11 site to browse, even though I just purchased a Vanquest Falconer 27 and Arc'teryx Khyber 50 three weeks ago. The Kyber is still in shipping bag!

The good news: I did NOT buy anything from the 5.11 site.

The bad news: I decided the check the LA Police Gear sales, and they have the same 25% off all 5.11 discount. PLUS they have freebies if you spend enough. SOOOOOOO.................. I have a new Rush 72 in Sandstone on it's way, with the following freebies: LAPG velcro hat, Rite in the Rain Notebook, and LAPG Trama Pack. I thought the $3.99 shipping would be worth getting all those nice free things.

Further bad news: After ordering the Rush 72, my inbox went "DING!". And guess who it was? Why, Vanquest decided to send me spam about their Black Friday deals. Again, being a sucker, I clicked on the link and low and behold, the IBEX 30 is discounted to $112! Well then, even though I have no use for this bag, the deal was too good to pass up. Select Wolf! Add to Cart! Wait! Do I see an FTIM Organizer for... $14???? Select WOLF!!! ADD TO CART!!!! Hmm... now I need a pack of Molle Sticks to go with it. SELECT WOLF!!!! ADD... TO...CARTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

The crazy thing is that it's not even Black Friday yet. Oh boy, it's going to be a long and fun week.

So bags have you bought for this year's Black Friday sales?

2. Brit1664

Brit1664 Loaded Pockets

I came off the GR1 Lightspeed thread and looked at the Goruck website and accidentally bought 3 bags it was too tempting. I have so many bags in different colours with various pouches it was looking messy. Needed to bags in same colours. So got a bullet in multicam (replacing old coyote tan) together with gym bag and kit bag in ranger green. The last 2 bags will go with my ranger green GR2 for the perfect holiday luggage.

Bloodstriker likes this.
  3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

First Tactical Tactix Pack here.

I am arguing with myself about the Envoy 3 as I already have an Envoy 2 ?

I am so weak.

4. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Loaded Pockets

Is there a Black Friday sale on those?

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hmmmm,I wonder?

6. Hi its me

Hi its me Loaded Pockets

I got an email from vanquest about a sale and now I ordered,falconer 27 MC,skitch 15 MC,pilum MC BLK,mobius mc blk and a couple of organisers.
    Didn't want to spend that much but the discounts were to good to pass up.I'm looking forward to my haul!

Bloodstriker and AlgoOPC like this.
  7. gatorfan

gatorfan Loaded Pockets

I too fell under the spell of Vanquest Black Friday prices. Couldn't pass up a black MC Mobius (it will match my black MC Envoy)!

Last edited by gatorfan, Nov 25, 2016
    AlgoOPC likes this.
  8. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

Rush 24, Moab 6 and 5.11 bottle bag.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

9. Jay PS

Jay PS Loaded Pockets

I pulled the trigger on a Timbuk 2 Command Messenger. They've made some upgrades to it that really fit the bill for me. I won't use it as an EDC, I'm using the Goruck GR1 at the moment (planning on a switch to the Alpha One Niner Evade in the next few weeks). I've got a Kifaru Antero that goes in and out of EDC service as well. Like most of you...way too many bags and yet to find the perfect one. I'm looking to pick up a Mystery Ranch Streetfighter but they say they are out of them until sometime in January.

10. mrsleeve

mrsleeve Loaded Pockets

needed a pack that would hold my new "big :censored: laptop" (MSI 17" gaming set up) and the Goruck GR2 is advertised as able to do just that, after watching a couple of youtube vids and seeing a guy pull the next larger model from mine out of the laptop compartment I was fairly well sold. I thought about it purring the veterans day sale, but was not 100% sure which way I wanted to go with it. So I ordered a Wolf Grey GR2 34, on thanksgiving day and it shipped yesterday/

Macgirl likes this.
  11. timmay

timmay Loaded Pockets

Went with a Goruck GR1 . Wished I looked around a bit more to find this perfect pack. Went from Eberlestock Halftrack, MR Snapdragon and MR Streetfighter to a GR1 and love it! Going to get rid of the others, takers? lol

12. Gray Man

Gray Man Loaded Pockets

I pulled the trigger on a Vanquest Envoy 3.0 to replace the 2.0 I bought exactly two years ago on Black Friday. I picked up a couple of the EDCM 2.0 slim maximizers as well.

The 2.0 will be going up on the block soon.

gatorfan likes this.
  13. Jay PS

Jay PS Loaded Pockets

Color of Streetfighter? What would you ask for it?

14. jwhite

jwhite Empty Pockets

I've replied to this thread twice and my replies aren't showing. This is a test to see if a third post shows up.

Interesting, this showed up.

Edit to add the post I've been trying to make:

I bought a Rush 12 at Field and Stream, they price matched 5.11's price then I signed up for the newsletter and immediately got $10 off every $50 spent (up to $30 off), then I had a gift card. I wound up paying $10 out of my own pocket for the pack.

rr1071 and Jay-uk like this.
  15. el rocko

el rocko Loaded Pockets

Just nabbed a Kifaru Antero w/ belt in Coyote. Been eyeing one for quite a while and the cyber Monday reeled me in.

16. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Vanquest FAT packs - Gen 1 and Gen 2 4x6 and a Gen 1 7x10.

17. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Interesting. I too have replied to this thread (twice) and while the reply seemed to have gone through, it is not here. :confused:

18. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

On cyber Monday I ordered a US surplus aviation SKRAM bag.
    Excited to see what I can do with it

19. JoshTF

JoshTF Loaded Pockets

I picked up a HPG Tarahumara for a new EDC bag. I've been wanting one for some time and used the madness of cyber monday shopping with the wife to finally get one.

20. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Please post some pics and impressions when it arrives. I looked it up and definitely looks interesting

343KD likes this.