1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What bag faults or quirks drive you crazy?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Jay-uk, Nov 4, 2016.

1. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

GAWD...the one thing which drives me absolutely BONKERS is, lack of, poorly placed or undersized water bottle pockets / holders!!

What is the one thing most people want to carry with them??? Water, right? What is the one thing the human body absolutely requires more than any other single thing??? Water, right? So what the heck is the problem with solving this problem above all others???

Personally, I think ALL bag manufacturers should start their designs with a well thought out water bottle pocket...and build the whole rest of the dang thing around that! It's incomprehensible to me how many manufacturers fail to "get it" when it comes to this!

P.S. And no, bladders are not a good solution IMNSHO...unless you like warm, mildew tasting, crummy water! I'll drink from a stagnant pond first.

2. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

Because we are commenting on the design and providing feedback- regardless of whether we buy the bag. You might buy a Ferrari, knowing it's unreliable. It may excite you 95% of the time but for the other 5% it annoys the hell out of you. Or it could be a Maxped bag in which case the percentages are reversed...

tbzbbt

3. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

My current hatred is reserved for hard pockets distorting a soft bag and laser-cut molle that looks inappropriate for a outback pack.

tbzbbt

4. bakpackr

bakpackr Loaded Pockets

Water Bottle pockets that will only fit my flask

5. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Just as bad as making them for a disposable bottle you buy at the quickie mart.. If we're spending good change on a bag, most likely we do the same when it comes to carrying water... My biggest disappointment on the Maxpedition wolfspur...

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

6. Batsy

Batsy Loaded Pockets

Yuuuup. This makes me rage to the point of no return with Maxpedition specifically. This in combination with dark nooks and crannies, odd sized pouches, and off-sized molle straps. Packs that fall forward no matter how they're loaded or packs that have compression straps which interfere with the zippers. Grinds my gears..

DCBman and Water-Rat like this.
  7. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

Sliding padding that doesn't stay in place. Like my Maxpedition Fatboy (one of the first iterations).

Ye olde style phone cases integrated in the pack. Again, the Fatboy. I get it with the version I have, made back when phones were phones only. But now, in 2017 some manufacturers seem to think it's a good idea to put a similar pouch on the bag despite almost everyone carrying a smart phone. I get that you can use it for a short-wave radio or something similar, but that's pretty specialized compared to what most people have (and they label it as a phone pouch).

Too many pen holders. Three is more than enough, if I need more I'll just toss them in a pouch designed for it, like a normal person. Some bags have 6 or more pen holders.

Non-adjustable sternum straps (height adjustable).

This is more of a feature I would like to see on more bags, a grab handle on the bottom of the pack so it can be easily carried with two hands when loading/unloading into a vehicle.

8. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Yeah...THAT too!!! Grrrrrr!

And it's such an EASY fix too! If they'd just sew the front a little longer than the back, where it would just lean slightly backwards this wouldn't be a problem.

It's amazing the simplest things some of these manufacturers miss which makes one wonder if any of their designers have ever worn / carried a pack at all.

Last edited by DCBman, Apr 9, 2017
    #68 DCBman, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Batsy likes this.
  9. leaky5

leaky5 Loaded Pockets

Poorly finished MOLLE / PALS. I hate seeing these just 'finish' with a line of stitching. The sealed ends often look messy and are prone to fraying.

I try and do one of two things with my bags. Either run the webbing right into the seam, its stronger and tidier or fold the end of the webbing under itself to give a nice rounded end.

I guess on large scale production, it is just cheaper to sew it on quickly.